Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #76
Sylvia
vir sapit qui pauca loqui

Oddometer: 3,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knackers View Post
Sylvia,

If Gimme2 rides to his ability he will not only finish, he'll be in at least the top 20, if not 10.

And I'm talking if he was riding a 990 Adv fully loaded with panniers etc.

Good luck Hein! Being behind you watching you mono fully through every flooded creek on the Birdsville Track at xxx km/h () was inspiring to say the least.
Howdi knackers,
While a top 10 finish may be achievable a great weekend is assured.

When are you going to have another go round on something a little less of a handful.?

Sylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #77
geoz
Orange rules

Oddometer: 231
Paid entry fee & sent registration form - no going back now.

Got the F2R integrated switch - very cool piece of kit

Scotts steering damper is on its way, mousse is next.

Rebuilt the MD & will get on to the Roadbook / IMO holder this weekend - just a piece of bent aluminium after all.

I wish the Touratech guys would get me my replacement sensor lead so I can work out the best way to mount it. I'm thinking of drilling the brake caliper support to ensure it's out of harm's way.

hg
geoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #78
Knackers
Polishing Turds

Oddometer: 4,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
Howdi knackers,
While a top 10 finish may be achievable a great weekend is assured.

When are you going to have another go round on something a little less of a handful.?
I dunno. We talk about doing another Condo all the time but something always gets in the way. Next purchase though is a mini bike (570 or some such) but I keep having to put it off due to an unhealthy fascination with boats and fishing.

It just happened, Max, you know?

A p-p-p-p-piece from here and a p-p-p-piece from there.
Knackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:28 AM   #79
Gimme 2
Team slo ass

Oddometer: 1,974
Quote:
Sylvia,

If Gimme2 rides to his ability he will not only finish, he'll be in at least the top 20, if not 10.

And I'm talking if he was riding a 990 Adv fully loaded with panniers etc.

Good luck Hein! Being behind you watching you mono fully through every flooded creek on the Birdsville Track at xxx km/h () was inspiring to say the least.
Geez knackers i'll have to start thinking of excuses now for why i did'nt finish. That was a heck of a trip with all that water and was great bumping into ya! Hope to see you there.
+1 Sylvia .
Should be a learning curve for me , Shelling out on a near new KTM 500 this weekend so that'll be my pony. Can't wait!!
Gimme 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #80
Gimme 2
Team slo ass

Oddometer: 1,974
Quote:
I dunno. We talk about doing another Condo all the time but something always gets in the way. Next purchase though is a mini bike (570 or some such) but I keep having to put it off due to an unhealthy fascination with boats and fishing.
What does BOAT stand for again?
Gimme 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:46 AM   #81
ROKIT_71
Gone Orange

Oddometer: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme 2 View Post
I rekon this is a great idea, send me the dimentions and i'll make em up for anyone who wants one for a fair price. I got the tools ,skills ,time and the space.
I'll be doing my first condo this year , just paid my entry the other night and the other half is back up crew.

Awesome. PM sent.
ROKIT_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:35 AM   #82
GTinAus
nutsplitter

Oddometer: 1,250
The Condo 750 is truly an unique event.

I have been competing in it, on a motorbike for 9 or 10 years, the last couple of years as the oldest rider.. I am already starting to feel withdrawal pangs, that I will not be competing again this year, but am honoring a promise made last year to be the Clerk of the Course, for the Autos, I am going back to my roots, back to the cars.

I have competed in many events over the years, both in Autos, both rallying, and in the safari, and on Motos, but can honestly say, only the Condo750 on a motorbike, gave me the biggest thrill.

Whilst in a Auto, the sheer thrill of speed, both as a driver, and as a navigator, cannot be overlooked, in an Auto, you are part of a team.

On a motorbike, it is you against the rest. You can go as fast as you like, depending on your ability, but you still need to be able to take your eyes off the ever-changing surface, to check your ICO and route instructions.

At 150KpH, to take your eyes off the road, and check your instructions, may take 3 seconds. You have just traveled about 130 meters.

You may do what I did the first year I competed on a bike, check the instructions 1 second before road turns very hard right before fence, at about 120.

Road may have turned right, I didn't. Pick bike up, remove wire from back wheel, continue. Learn to check instructions in stages of about 1/2 of a second each.

Hint, carry a good set of side cutters somewhere handy.

Despite breaking my collarbone later on the second day, I couldn't wait to give it another go, and it has been like that ever since.

Running in the Condo may not float your boat, but you will never know, unless you give it a go.

You are probably not going to win, but you will have some great memories, to keep for the rest of your life, and with a bit of luck, a couple of great photos, if Sylvia comes out again.

Just a little footnote, the wooden map roller is great, but you may like to think of some water protection, in case of rain, or even a bit of water on the track....wet paper is not very strong.

Finally this is what its all about, coming over a triple caution at full noise, I didn't see until too late, due to showing off in front of spectators at the previous corner, all captured by Silvia.

GTinAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #83
geoz
Orange rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTinAus View Post
The Condo 750 is truly an unique event.

I have been competing in it, on a motorbike for 9 or 10 years, the last couple of years as the oldest rider.. I am already starting to feel withdrawal pangs, that I will not be competing again this year, but am honoring a promise made last year to be the Clerk of the Course, for the Autos, I am going back to my roots, back to the cars.

I have competed in many events over the years, both in Autos, both rallying, and in the safari, and on Motos, but can honestly say, only the Condo750 on a motorbike, gave me the biggest thrill.

Whilst in a Auto, the sheer thrill of speed, both as a driver, and as a navigator, cannot be overlooked, in an Auto, you are part of a team.

On a motorbike, it is you against the rest. You can go as fast as you like, depending on your ability, but you still need to be able to take your eyes off the ever-changing surface, to check your ICO and route instructions.

At 150KpH, to take your eyes off the road, and check your instructions, may take 3 seconds. You have just traveled about 130 meters.

You may do what I did the first year I competed on a bike, check the instructions 1 second before road turns very hard right before fence, at about 120.

Road may have turned right, I didn't. Pick bike up, remove wire from back wheel, continue. Learn to check instructions in stages of about 1/2 of a second each.

Hint, carry a good set of side cutters somewhere handy.

Despite breaking my collarbone later on the second day, I couldn't wait to give it another go, and it has been like that ever since.

Running in the Condo may not float your boat, but you will never know, unless you give it a go.

You are probably not going to win, but you will have some great memories, to keep for the rest of your life, and with a bit of luck, a couple of great photos, if Sylvia comes out again.

Just a little footnote, the wooden map roller is great, but you may like to think of some water protection, in case of rain, or even a bit of water on the track....wet paper is not very strong.

Finally this is what its all about, coming over a triple caution at full noise, I didn't see until too late, due to showing off in front of spectators at the previous corner, all captured by Silvia.

looks like you are doing fine here.
when did it all go south?

great pic btw Sylvia

hg
Old 02-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #84
Bluetonguejak
Adventure Seeker

Oddometer: 84
TT Sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoz View Post
Paid entry fee & sent registration form - no going back now.

Got the F2R integrated switch - very cool piece of kit

Scotts steering damper is on its way, mousse is next.

Rebuilt the MD & will get on to the Roadbook / IMO holder this weekend - just a piece of bent aluminium after all.

I wish the Touratech guys would get me my replacement sensor lead so I can work out the best way to mount it. I'm thinking of drilling the brake caliper support to ensure it's out of harm's way.

Geoz,
Used TT IMO/ICO last year. Used the bracket supplied to pick-up existing magnet.

Just mounted to fork protector - was plenty strong enough.
Was concerned about it being exposed, but i spent more time off-track than on and the sensor wasn't moved/damaged.

Used both the original speedo/trip with Tripmaster switch (as back-up) and TT with integrated buttons.

Hope this helps
Cheers Jak
Bluetonguejak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #85
geoz
Orange rules

That looks good, very clean setup and close to what I'm aimin for. I'll use the IMO and a Voyager as backup.

Still thinking about getting the HDB tower to be able to mount the MD & IMO further forward.

hg
Old 02-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #86
Sylvia
vir sapit qui pauca loqui

Oddometer: 3,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTinAus View Post

Coming from you GT that quite an endorsement

GT - Condo 2012.

Sylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #87
DRjoe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,022
hey GT did you ever trace down that ignition problem you had?
DRjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #88
tprtel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
My entry is in for my first attempt, Bike is pretty much sorted apart from needing to find replacement drive rubbers for the MD maproller somewhere.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:35 AM   #89
geoz
Orange rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by tprtel View Post
My entry is in for my first attempt, Bike is pretty much sorted apart from needing to find replacement drive rubbers for the MD maproller somewhere.
vince strang has all the spare parts. i ordered my rebuild kit from him.

hg
Old 02-09-2013, 02:23 AM   #90
ROKIT_71
Gone Orange

Oddometer: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetonguejak View Post
Geoz,
Used TT IMO/ICO last year. Used the bracket supplied to pick-up existing magnet.

Just mounted to fork protector - was plenty strong enough.
Was concerned about it being exposed, but i spent more time off-track than on and the sensor wasn't moved/damaged.

Used both the original speedo/trip with Tripmaster switch (as back-up) and TT with integrated buttons.

Hope this helps
Cheers Jak
Hey Jak,

You going to have another crack this year?
ROKIT_71 is offline   Reply With Quote