Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2014, 07:54 PM   #196
cejnys
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Nomada for 990 ADV

Hey Jason,
I am looking for a pannier system for my 990 ADV and just spotted your cases. Do you have available 45l at this moment and is the powder coating done also from inside of the cases? What is the difference between the pro and non-pro version - on your web there are last four photos showing the non-pro version and I kind of like it?
Thank you, Radim

www.aroundsouthamerica.info
cejnys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:10 AM   #197
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 615
Hey Radim - thanks for your interest! Although I don't happen to have a 990 system in stock at the moment, it's not a problem to pre-order one for you. Cases are powdercoated both inside and out if you select the optional full powdercoating.

We have typically only brought in the Pro II panniers as there is very little difference in price between the Pro and standard models. The standard panniers have a more squared-off lid and floor versus the beveled top/bottom of the Pro, and (if I recall correctly), don't have the new hinging latches which allow you to tilt the lid open from either end. If you are interested in the standard panniers, let me know and I'd be happy to check availability and get you a price.

Thanks!

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:00 AM   #198
cejnys
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Hi Jason,
Thank you for your fast response! How quickly can you get the Pro II or Non-Pro panniers? What is ths price for Non-Pro? I am leaving for a long bike trip at the end of September and would like to have the panniers with me around mid of August.
Thanks, Radim

www.aroundsouthamerica.info
cejnys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 07:16 PM   #199
SpeedySteve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
What other pictures do you have of this swingarm guard? I am curious how far back it protects the swingarm underneath. Ideally, this covers everything. How does this affect final drive fluid changes - must this guard be removed?

Some shots of the underside may really entice me to ditch my current guard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryracer View Post
Designed by DS Bike Protection to fit the R1200GS and Adventure, this final drive guard/skidplate will protect your final drive from damage.
  • Protects your final drive from damage on the trail.
  • Laser cut from 4mm aluminum with rubber inserts to cushion direct contact with the final drive.
  • Installs easily with included hardware
  • The black nylon crash bung/slider is available separately
R1200GS / Adventure Final Drive Guard - $59.99 -

Old 08-04-2014, 07:37 AM   #200
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedySteve View Post
What other pictures do you have of this swingarm guard? I am curious how far back it protects the swingarm underneath. Ideally, this covers everything. How does this affect final drive fluid changes - must this guard be removed?

Some shots of the underside may really entice me to ditch my current guard!
Hi SpeedySteve - I don't have a GS1200 with one mounted currently, but will definitely send you some pics of the guard itself. Removal and install is pretty simple using the included hardware...a long screw is used to insert the T-fitting in the drive housing and hold it in place while a shorter screw is installed in the second hole and snugged down. When that one is tight, the long screw is removed and a second shorter screw is installed in it's place.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:23 AM   #201
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Just a quick thank you to all of the inmates that helped make this season our best ever....yes, here in sunny Rochester, they're predicting snow this weekend, so the riding in the Northeast is definitely winding down.

We're working harder than ever to make ADV Motorrad your "one stop shop" for all your adventure touring needs. A few cool milestones and/or projects we're working on:
  • We moved into new, dedicated shop space in July which gives us a ton more storage and a more efficient workspace, allowing us to get orders packed and shipped faster.
  • With the new shop, we're able to keep more stock on hand of some of most popular applications from Holan, BUMOT, Rockfox, DS Bike Protection, and more.
  • We've added (or are in the process of adding) new ADV-focused products from adventurePOCKETS, 2WheelRide / Go Cruise, Arrow Exhaust, REMUS Exhaust, Fastway Performance / Pro Moto Billet, and few others that we can't talk about just yet...
  • A significant upgrade is on the way for our webstore to improve accuracy of real-time stock and availability, customer/technical support, and more
The one thing that hasn't changed....we love to talk bikes. If you have any questions or just want to pick our brains on your desired farkle plan, give us a call at (585) 310-ADVM or shoot an email at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com.

Thanks!

Old 11-15-2014, 01:07 PM   #202
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Dustriders Motorcycle Hoist - Available through ADV Motorrad!

We're excited to announce our partnership with Dustriders Motorcycle Accessories as the North American distributor for their innovative motorcycle hoist. We are finalizing details to get our first shipment from South Africa on it's way ASAP via air freight, and will maintain stock on hand at our shop in Webster, NY on a go-forward basis. As Amanda mentioned in her note above, we are also the North American distributor for Rockfox Adventure Systems based in Cape Town, so we have good experience with importing products from South Africa and established relationships with freight companies. Many of the products we sell - crashbars, skidplates, etc - help protect your bike when it goes down....this will be a great addition to help your bike get back up on two wheels again!

The hoist is listed on our site now and available for pre-order by clicking the link below:

For those that weren't able to get in on the first group buy hosted by SpecialAgentNancy, there's an ADVrider inmate discount off our regular price through the end of November 2014. The coupon code is DRHOIST20 and will get you $20 off the $249.99 price plus free economy ground shipping in the continental USA. For our friends and neighbors in Canada, Mexico, or outside the "Lower 48" (Alaska/Hawaii) please PM or email me at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com and I'll apply the discount and get you the best shipping price possible. After you add the hoist to your cart, click the "Enter Coupon Code" radio button, type in DRHOIST20 (all caps), and it will apply the discount and remove the shipping cost.

Any other questions, feel free to PM, email, or call the shop at (585) 310-ADVM.

Thanks!

Old 11-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #203
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Dustriders Motorcycle Hoist - $249.99 -

Today's adventure bikes continue to grow in capability, but also in weight. Odds are good if your bike falls on a perfectly flat surface of grippy tarmac, you can probably lift it using the "reverse walk" method and (hopefully) not injure yourself. Add in an off-camber dirt road with loose gravel, fully loaded panniers, a full tank of gas, and a bit of rider fatigue after a full day's ride, and it can be a much different story. The Dustrider Motorcycle Hoist is the perfect solution for solo adventure touring and adds peace of mind that you will be able to pick your bike up by yourself safely and easily if it goes down. The hoist disassembles to a convenient size and the included carry pouch allows it to be strapped down to a luggage rack, passenger seat, or top case for ease of access.

In addition to lifting a fallen motorcycle, the hoist can also lift either end of an upright bike to facilitate removing the front or rear wheel. It can also help with tire changes by acting as a heavy duty breaker. It will even lift your four-wheeler or quadbike!

The disassembled hoist measures 19.3" x 8.3" x 2" and weighs approximately 9.5 pounds.

Here is a video showing the hoist in action lifting an R1200GS:

And some pictures of the hoist in action:

And a few more showing additional uses for the hoist, the included carrying bag, and an overall shot:

Our first shipment will be leaving South Africa the week of 11/17 and shipping to us via air freight. If you are interested in reserving one from this shipment (probably the last one we'll get before the holidays!), please place your order directly on our website using the links above, or call us at (585) 310-ADVM and we'll get you taken care of.

Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Old 11-25-2014, 10:57 PM   #204
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

R1200GSA as trials bike? Sure, why not...

Old 12-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #205
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Hi guys - for those that have procrastinated telling their significant other what they want for Christmas....there's still time left! We'll be cranking out orders through the weekend and can provide faster shipping options to ensure if we have it in stock, it will arrive before the big day. If you're concerned about available shipping options listed on our site, or want to confirm something is in stock, please feel free to call us at (585) 310-ADVM or email us and we'll get back to you ASAP!

Happy holidays!