Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 07:54 AM   #31
ezrdr55 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britome View Post
If you have the touratech video and butler maps, i'm in the market.
Sorry, but I'm keeping both. That reminds me I need to get the map and DVD for WABDR...
Old 04-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #32
haileypooch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Nice post, I may have a window next couple weeks and feeling the urge to blast some mileage and get into the desert. I started another thread asking for opinions but thought to contact you directly. Any thoughts or concerns tackling this solo? As has been suggested, I may do the southern section from Price on down due to snow at higher elevations. PM me if you like.

Thanks

Mark
Old 04-23-2013, 06:13 AM   #33
ezrdr55 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by haileypooch View Post
Nice post, I may have a window next couple weeks and feeling the urge to blast some mileage and get into the desert. I started another thread asking for opinions but thought to contact you directly. Any thoughts or concerns tackling this solo? As has been suggested, I may do the southern section from Price on down due to snow at higher elevations. PM me if you like.

Thanks

Mark

Because @57y/o and solo and on my Wee-Strom I rode a bit more conservatively than I would have normally. As a result I got to see a bit more of the beautiful scenery and I stopped more often to take pictures and rest. I enjoyed this UTBDR so much that in September I'll be doing the WABDR and I'll be a year older and solo and riding my Wee. The only difference will be that I'm 40 lbs lighter and in a little better shape so I'll probably be riding better than I did a year ago, at least that's my motivation for losing the weight. One other change will be to remove the K60s and go back to the TKC80s even if I have to change the rear tire halfway through the trip.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:14 AM   #34
Doug329
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Thanks ezrdr55 for the RR and beautiful pictures.
Glad the Vee did you well.
I had an 05 DL1000, loved it. Went for a 2012 Yamaha Tenere after DL. I run Dunlop 606's on both my Tenere and KLR 650 (08) and love them.

Ride safe. Will be watching for your next "adventure".
Doug
Doug329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #35
LeSprinter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Very nice report and photos. I've ridden my WeeStrom all over Colorado and Utah including some pretty rough stuff. It's more capable than most people think.
LeSprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #36
ezrdr55 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeSprinter View Post
Very nice report and photos. I've ridden my WeeStrom all over Colorado and Utah including some pretty rough stuff. It's more capable than most people think.

Thanks and I obviously agree with you about the Wee being able to go wherever the rider has the talent to take it. Last year I added 30mm to the front and rear suspension to increase the travel and ground clearance. 30mm may not sound like much but it really made a huge difference. I just changed out the shock to a "new" DL1K but I still need a stiffer spring to get the sag set right. This along with some highly modified Ricor Intiminators and a fork brace have made the suspension quite acceptable. I like being able to do 1K mile days if necessary, and still be able to go just about anywhere once I get there.