ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
drew2 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Bike Stolen in DC: Honda NX125

I know it's a longshot but my bike was stolen from Mt Pleasant/Columbia heights sometime during the night. It's a 1988 Honda NX125. It was parked on the sidewalk in front of my house, locked to a tree. The steering was also locked. They cut the lock and I'm guessing loaded it into a truck/van.

The bike is white with a blue seat and gray frame. It did not have the side pieces of the fairing on it. Bike had PA plates. I have filed a police report so if you see it around DC please call the police!

I will add a pic shortly.

drew2 screwed with this post 10-09-2012 at 10:29 AM
drew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
XC Rider
Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer: 2,893
Damn that sucks; I'll keep an eye out for it.

Hope you can track it down before it acquires too much damage.
SpotWalla: WHERE IS XC RIDER!?
XC Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
drew2 OP
Adventurer

Old 10-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
The Evil Twin
Boxer Freak

Oddometer: 474
Aw geez that sucks! I get around the area and will keep an eye out. There have been an alarming number of bike thefts lately around the DMV. Bikes with chains, disk locks and alarms have gone missing. Keep an eye on the classifieds sections, yours might turn up. Good luck, man.
CCS #132 Sponsors: DC-Moto.net, Amsoil, Manassas Honda Kawasaki, MARRC
2014 RCGT #1, Superbike #2 OA Mid Atlantic
2013 Amateur of the Year
2013 RCGT #6 OA Mid Atlantic
The Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
drew2 OP
Adventurer

Yeah the police said that there have been a number of thefts recently in the Columbia Heights area and they haven't caught anyone. Insurance guy said that chance of recovery is below 5% and below 1% if the bike was specifically targeted.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #6
motocopter
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew2 View Post
I know it's a longshot but my bike was stolen from Mt Pleasant/Columbia heights sometime during the night. It's a 1988 Honda NX125. It was parked on the sidewalk in front of my house, locked to a tree. The steering was also locked. They cut the lock and I'm guessing loaded it into a truck/van.

The bike is white with a blue seat and gray frame. It did not have the side pieces of the fairing on it. Bike had PA plates. I have filed a police report so if you see it around DC please call the police!
People can suck for sure! I do understand the feeling of having something stolen. It just sucks. What next, right?

(as I step up on the proverbial soap box) We have people around the world who wake up in the morning wanting to kill Americans, yet we have to live with the petty theft and the gauntlet of crimes we hear in the news. I, as thousands of other US military veterans find it despicable that our efforts to keep the world's greatest county on top, only to learn others choose to use their unappreciated freedom to perform these acts against their fellow neighbor. People can suck. (off proverbial soap box).

Back to the Titans and Steelers. (half-time)

My only ride report | IBA member | AMA member
motocopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #7
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash

Oddometer: 2,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by motocopter View Post
People can suck for sure! I do understand the feeling of having something stolen. It just sucks. What next, right?

(as I step up on the proverbial soap box) We have people around the world who wake up in the morning wanting to kill Americans, yet we have to live with the petty theft and the gauntlet of crimes we hear in the news. I, as thousands of other US military veterans find it despicable that our efforts to keep the world's greatest county on top, only to learn others choose to use their unappreciated freedom to perform these acts against their fellow neighbor. People can suck. (off proverbial soap box).

Back to the Titans and Steelers. (half-time)
and while all this goes on our government (robinhood of the world) takes a portion of your pay (taxes) to give to the same loser who choose to steal rather than work (welfare). No wonder the world is so F up. We penalize the hard workers and reward the losers. Its no wonder to me why they think its ok to lie, cheat and steal...........it pays well for them............not that my own family doesnt have a few of the type I described as I am sure most everyones does.
5punksdad is offline   Reply With Quote