ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #76
trblmkr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidrow bum View Post
I can make it for the ride on Saturday. Thanks for putting this together.
Skidrow !!!!!! Welcome to all this craziness round here. We might know each other. We lived in McDonough from 1993 til 2008 and still have property there off of Jonesboro Rd near I-75.
trblmkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #77
trblmkr
Gnarly Adventurer

Wanted to just give you all some things to consider. For the first couple years of riding at CC on atvs my group has tried everything to stay warm and even more important to stay dry. Because of all the water crossing and just simple splashing around trying to avoid all the mud holes up there you are going to get wet. We have found that riding in boot Waders is by far the only way to stay dry and neoprene style waders keeps you warm. The problem for bike riders is the boot style waders does not give you the protection we need like our MX books do. So, I have a pair of neoprene stocking foot waders like these http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...waders&Ntk=All
all I have to do is take my inserts out of my tech 8 boots and these stocking foot waders work. This keeps your feet from getting wet and cold even if your boot fills up with water. The only other problem that might arise is you cannot buckle your riding pants because of the thickness of the neoprene. I have to let out the adjustment straps out all the way on both sides of my pants to make this work for me. If you have the ability to try these on at a store I recommend getting them as small as you can to keep them fitting tight around your body. Neoprene is very stretchy and is comfortable to me.

These do work also for the just splashing around, but just do not come up high enough if you get splashed enough times up and over the top of your boot or have to put your foot down while crossing a just realized deep mud hole or water hole. http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...+socks&Ntk=All

I know this trip is going to be expensive for us all and not trying to cause more expense. All I am trying to do is make this a good trip and keep everyone educated on some of my past issues up there.
and before you guys ask I do not work at this store I just shop at one often.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #78
Skidrow bum
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
I have lived in Henry County for 28 years. Been a member of GARTRA for 15+ years and ridden (not raced) SETRA and SERA. Love to ride and I look forward to meeting you next weekend.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #79
KJD19892
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Ok finally got word from the boss man I will be there for the ride Friday. Saturday I will still be around but my cousin is going to meet me there and were going to do some exploring on our own. My bike has also has been down graded once again I'm going to be on my crf230 now
KJD19892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #80
trblmkr
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post
Hey Trbl . . . . thanks for the update.
And of course I'm at work now so I don't have my map :(
I'm wondering about what you said. All the trail vids I watch on youtube are guys in jeeps or quads. They have to go slow but I look at the lines they are taking and say "man that is Sequatchie on an easy day"..... usrely we can get thru there a whole lot faster.
Yes, we should be able to move through the trails faster than the quads. The quads are so much more to handle and there were always so many of us so it was just a slower ride.

Hey Trbl...... do you know if (going from memory here).....when you come down (i think) 13 and you meet up with 12 on the right..... if you take 13 straight ahead instead of getting on 12, can you get out of the park and to the store that way? Again.... I might have those trail #s totally wrong...
There is a old road there where 12 starts and 13 ends, but best I can remember it had deep dug out areas to keep people from riding through there. The only place I think we could get out from this area is where 12 and 10 come together, but this means we would have to ride 12 all the way to the other end.

And perhaps just one last friendly reminder...... be forewarned... I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE that some of the guys in this group are known to just "disappear" and leave leave Mr. "cant make it up hills b/c I showed up on slick tires" behind
It is important that everyone has some good rubber on and please check your spokes for tightness. Our tires and wheels will take a beating up there for sure not to mention the leaves that are falling will be hiding all those rocks on the trail.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #81
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,336
WEDNESDAY MORNING UPDATE - I will edit this post as people chime in

This is what I have so far - please let us know if I'm wrong somewhere

Wolfman ... are you riding? what day(s)?

Bugrider is bringing an extra front and rear tube...thanks

I've got tire irons / patch kit / jb weld

Trblmaker has a small compressor....thanks

Every rider needs to make sure they bring tools to take their wheels off (and any other you want).

• My suggestion is "kickstands up" at 8am each day.
  • If you're new to "kickstands up" - that mean the group leaves at 8am - not start getting geared up at 8am
  • Leave at 8am - ride 4 hours with a few breaks - lunch for a while - ride back 4 hours with a few breaks - back at dark

Edit - If there are any Central Time Zone lurkers out there, remember you loose an hour heading to Windrock

Lodging Thursday Night @ Windmill :
IHF
Bugrider
Trblmaker
Spinnitman

Riding Friday :
IHF
Bugrider
Trblmaker
Spinnitman
KJD

Lodging Friday Night @ Windmill :
IHF
Bugrider
Trblmaker
Spinnitman
Jeff

Ride Saturday :
IHF
Bugrider
Trblmaker
Spinnitman
Jeff / SkidrowBum

ihatefalling screwed with this post 11-07-2012 at 09:38 AM
ihatefalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #82
JerryIUP
Team Wanker

Oddometer: 307
You Bastages have fun. Looks like a great ride about to happen. Cheers from Flatistan.
JerryIUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #83
BUGRIDER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Not sure but I think skidrow is Jeff.
BUGRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #84
KJD19892
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Looks good to me. I'm still a little worried about my fuel situation but if I have to I will just split off when I start running low no big deal. Since I'm driving in fri morning could someone pm me a phone number in case something happens and I'm going to be late or something?
KJD19892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #85
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJD19892 View Post
Looks good to me. I'm still a little worried about my fuel situation but if I have to I will just split off when I start running low no big deal. Since I'm driving in fri morning could someone pm me a phone number in case something happens and I'm going to be late or something?
I think the most we'll do between pumps is 40 miles give or take. I've never known a trail bike that can't go 40 miles of trail on a tank
Old 11-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #86
Spinnit man
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by trblmkr View Post
Wanted to just give you all some things to consider. For the first couple years of riding at CC on atvs my group has tried everything to stay warm and even more important to stay dry. Because of all the water crossing and just simple splashing around trying to avoid all the mud holes up there you are going to get wet. We have found that riding in boot Waders is by far the only way to stay dry and neoprene style waders keeps you warm. The problem for bike riders is the boot style waders does not give you the protection we need like our MX books do. So, I have a pair of neoprene stocking foot waders like these http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...waders&Ntk=All
all I have to do is take my inserts out of my tech 8 boots and these stocking foot waders work. This keeps your feet from getting wet and cold even if your boot fills up with water. The only other problem that might arise is you cannot buckle your riding pants because of the thickness of the neoprene. I have to let out the adjustment straps out all the way on both sides of my pants to make this work for me. If you have the ability to try these on at a store I recommend getting them as small as you can to keep them fitting tight around your body. Neoprene is very stretchy and is comfortable to me.

These do work also for the just splashing around, but just do not come up high enough if you get splashed enough times up and over the top of your boot or have to put your foot down while crossing a just realized deep mud hole or water hole. http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...+socks&Ntk=All

I know this trip is going to be expensive for us all and not trying to cause more expense. All I am trying to do is make this a good trip and keep everyone educated on some of my past issues up there.
and before you guys ask I do not work at this store I just shop at one often.
Hey trblmkr, do you suggest weaingr anything under these, seam to sweat alot with little activity. any thoughts ?
thanks, Mike
Old 11-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #87
Spinnit man
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post
MONDAY NIGHT UPDATE - I will edit this post as people chime in

This is what I have so far - please let us know if I'm wrong somewhere

Wolfman ... are you riding? what day(s)?

Can two guys volunteer to carry an extra front tube?

I've got tire irons / patch kit / jb weld

Trblmaker has a small compressor.

Every rider needs to make sure they bring tools to take their wheels off (and any other you want).

• My suggestion is "kickstands up" at 8am each day.
  • If you're new to "kickstands up" - that mean the group leaves at 8am - not start getting geared up at 8am
  • Leave at 8am - ride 4 hours with a few breaks - lunch for a while - ride back 4 hours with a few breaks - back at dark

Edit - If there are any Central Time Zone lurkers out there, remember you loose an hour heading to Windrock

Lodging Thursday Night @ Windmill :
IHF
Bugrider
Trblmaker
Spinnitman

Riding Friday :
IHF
Bugrider
Trblmaker
Spinnitman
Fernando
KJD

Lodging Friday Night @ Windmill :
IHF
Bugrider
Trblmaker
Spinnitman
Fernando
Jeff

Ride Saturday :
IHF
Bugrider
Trblmaker
Spinnitman
Jeff
Fernando
SkidrowBum
You are right on far as I as I am concerned ! Probably want have a chance to pick up a tube. stands up at 8 is ok with me, maybe a little cold but what the heck. Lookin forward to the whole thing and meetin new riders.
Mike 615-415-5695
Old 11-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #88
BUGRIDER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
I will have front tube, rear tube, tire tools, co2 cartridge, and ktm tool kit on bike.
BUGRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #89
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Ooooooo, I wonder what the trails will be like.
Light gentle soaker tonight, then an entire day to tack up.
Maybe the trails will be puuurrrrrrfect
Old 11-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #90
trblmkr
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnit man View Post
Hey trblmkr, do you suggest weaingr anything under these, seam to sweat alot with little activity. any thoughts ?
thanks, Mike
I usually wear these under all my gear when the weather turns cool and they do control the sweating for me. This is the bottom base layer http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...%C2%AE&Ntk=All and this is the top base layer http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...%C2%AE&Ntk=All

If you get some of these waders make sure you can still wear your riding pants over the neoprene because they will not hold up well by them self.

Here is the most current weather report http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...%20TN%2C%20USA

Lets ride....