ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #91
Spinnit man
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post
Ooooooo, I wonder what the trails will be like.
Light gentle soaker tonight, then an entire day to tack up.
Maybe the trails will be puuurrrrrrfect
I read on a post from last year that some guy named Blue, said there were some really good single track there at coal creek. sounds like a good time exploring. If I know Jason I bet he has already found those single tracks and got'em on the GPS ready go ! ! See ya in ETN ! !
Old 11-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #92
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it

Oddometer: 11,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnit man View Post
I read on a post from last year that some guy named Blue, said there were some really good single track there at coal creek. sounds like a good time exploring. If I know Jason I bet he has already found those single tracks and got'em on the GPS ready go ! ! See ya in ETN ! !
Blue is an old dude... pay no attention to him.

Under construction
Al Tuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #93
Spinnit man
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Tuna View Post
Blue is an old dude... pay no attention to him.
Got it ,, thanks
Old 11-07-2012, 03:37 AM   #94
Alfredo(icelander) OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Well bad news doesnt look like I am going to make it. Messed up my back at work last week and instead of taking it easy I went riding with judobiker in oakey mtn. Man I really wanted to go not happy.That was dum on my part even went to back doc still didnt help much. I tried calling blue to see if he wanted to go.I will try to get ahold of him.
Alfredo(icelander) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #95
Spinnit man
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredo(icelander) View Post
Well bad news doesnt look like I am going to make it. Messed up my back at work last week and instead of taking it easy I went riding with judobiker in oakey mtn. Man I really wanted to go not happy.That was dum on my part even went to back doc still didnt help much. I tried calling blue to see if he wanted to go.I will try to get ahold of him.
Sorry to hear you wont make it, this time, take care of that back and we'll do it again
Old 11-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #96
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer: 2,050
We need to have another one early spring for those who didn't get to go to this one.
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #97
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,243
Sorry about that Alfredo.

Looks like it's whittling down to just a small group of strong riders.

Cool by me .

I've been working on the route and think I have it all figured out.

The beauty of Windrock is, there are so many trails that we can always re-route if we want harder stuff or we end up with time on our hands. We're gunna cover some ground and get in some trouble that's fo sho
Old 11-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #98
BUGRIDER
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Sorry your aren't going to make it Fernando, revenge next time.
BUGRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #99
Alfredo(icelander) OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGRIDER View Post
Sorry your aren't going to make it Fernando, revenge next time.

I cant get you while your riding anyways. cant catch you. I got to get you when your standing still your too dam fast and I am too slow. Will have to make plans for the next one
Old 11-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #100
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Alright doods, no real update except for :

bikes all loaded, gear packed, clothes packed, routes done, windmill inn is expecting us, called the park and they said trails should be awesome this weekend......see yall thur
Old 11-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #101
KJD19892
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Hey I just got word that I'm going to have to work sat and sun so it looks like I'm out for this trip. I'm bummed but that's just part of it I guess. Hope you guys have a great weekend, maybe I will make it back out there before the real cold weather sets in too bad.
KJD19892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:26 AM   #102
trblmkr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
Dang, what is happening here. The first two guys in for this trip are out now ......and KJD is out. I was hoping you guys were going to help me pick out one of those abandoned mines up there for me to live in after what happened Tuesday night. I guess it will be up to the rest of us to take care of business up there.

Alfredo, Go find you a good Chiropractor for your back. I frequent one often for all my issues.

I heard that a certain someone (BUGRIDER) is buying dinner for the ones that get up there by dark so all of you should a least come up for a free meal Oh well, sorry to here you guys can't make it.
trblmkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #103
Alfredo(icelander) OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Bike is all ready to go and I cant. I got a new trials tire, waders, new rear sprocket. Bought this stuff just to look at it sit this sucks. Hope you guys have fun be safe and get some picks. I talked to Blue he is going to be at a dualsport ride in suches this weekend.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #104
Spinnit man
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredo(icelander) View Post
Bike is all ready to go and I cant. I got a new trials tire, waders, new rear sprocket. Bought this stuff just to look at it sit this sucks. Hope you guys have fun be safe and get some picks. I talked to Blue he is going to be at a dualsport ride in suches this weekend.
, What a Great two day ride lead by the great ihatefalling, way to go man ! ! what an honor to meet and get to ride with trblmkr, bugrider, and jeff, not an injury to report, well except for a cracked rig or two ! only break down if you can call it that was a flat on the front, had a tube so that was nothing. Weather perfect, Great guys, what else could you ask for !!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:37 AM   #105
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Ride Update - Man what a ride !

We cover a LOT of ground and rode about every type of terrain possible. Climbed or descended mountains maybe 5-6 times? And I ain't talking about taking the scenic route either.

The weather was super perfect....didn't see very many other riders there at all. Heck, the entire time we maybe saw 20 other vehicles on the trail.

One thing I can say is . . . . .. . . . if you buy one of their maps (which are pretty good)...THE TRAIL RATING SYSTEM CAN BE DECEIVING.

Gravel roads, yea...they are gravel roads.

Intermediate trails - Can range from fast and flowing to some pretty challenging hill/rock sections. I would think twice about running anything over a 500 on the "Moderate" trails. You could do it..... but don't think you're going to be able to ride them all day. In fact, we saw a guy on a KLR that had gone down a moderate trail, hit a big mudhole, turned around to go back..... and got suck in a steep rocky section. I don't see how he could get his bike out without a winch or a quad towing it out.

Difficult trails - Unless you ride woods, I woodn't even think about it. There can be some super steep/rocky descents and climbs.

DOuble black trails - we said to heck with that and never even tried one.

We saw lot's of killer views....the windmills are super cool.

We had a super good time and are all super tired and sore. Bikes took a beating but...... can't wait to go back.