Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 01:36 AM   #16
redprimo OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
Progress has slowed a bit around the holidays, but Im still making a bit of progress. I had to have a de-comp cable custom made but the good news was that they had a clutch, front brake, and speedo cable in stock and the pice was pretty reasonable. The guys at Motion Pro do top notch work, there was a spot on the de-comp cable that had rubbed on the header and melted the insulation off the stock cable. They noticed it and put a spring on the outside of the cable to keep it from doing the same thing. Unfortunately I forgot to order a throttle cable, I suppose thats just as well until I resolve the intake manifold and the angle of the carb. If I fix the angle I may need a longer cable but the end could be straight where as if I leve things as they are I think Iwill need a j bend on the end. I would love tho hear from anyone running a Mikuni on one of these and find out how others do this.
I still need to finish up the last of the wiring but Im starting to work on the tank and plan for some trick plastics as well as thinking about what I need to order to fab up a custom SS exhaust system. This is where she sits now.
redprimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #17
cyclewizard
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,797
Lookin good mate.......

Powered by CW-Pistons/cams
Wizard manufacturing....
cyclewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #18
kubiak
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,809
super nice honda. looking great!
kubiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #19
Rot Box
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Looks great! Can't wait to see more
Old 01-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #20
redprimo OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
Thanks for the encouragement. Right now the tank is soaking with some evaporust in it to clear up a bit of an acne problem. This coming week I hope to repair the hand full of pin holes in the tank. I posted over in the garage section asking for advice on how to repair the tank and the overwhelming opinion is to use lead solder. I'm still considering silver solder only because I have a lot of experiace with it and very little with lead. from what I can see inside the rust is somewhat localized in a relatively small area around each pin hole.

Next on the to do list is a custom stainless exhaust system. I couldn't find very many threads about fabing up an exhaust so I will be sure to post up lots of pics once I get started.
redprimo is offline   Reply With Quote