ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
caycek5 OP
Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer: 1,823
Cayce South Carolina Tag-o-rama

Welcome to the Cayce South Carolina Tag-o-rama!

I've created this local tag game in the hopes of creating a fast paced game with the opportunity for multiple tags and grabs in a week. Also my bike is in pieces, so at least this way I might be able to push it to a tag site.

The idea behind this game is to get people out riding in a way the works for real life. Most of us don't have the time for long rides during the work week. Hopefully this local game will allow people to grab tags on lunch brakes and after work.

This is a new tag game and as such is redundant as well.

The game is simple, the rules are easy, and the goal is to get people out riding.

With that goal in mind, please don't make the clues so hard that we have to surf longer on the net than we have to ride to get the tag. Heck, you can go ahead and tell people exactly where the tag is if you want, but do be aware that some people like a clever challenge.

Here are the rules. (And, yeah, they're mostly plagiarized from other tag games. Along with most of this post.)

1. File photos can be used to place a tag; they can't be used to claim a tag. Tags must be placed in Cayce city limits.
2. Try to duplicate the tag-placement photo as closely as possible with your bike when you claim a tag. The "grab, "claim," "I got it," whatever-you-call-it photo of the tag should be as close to the previous tag as possible. The tag placer needs to make sure that the photo can be shot be anyone on any bike. The tagger's bike needs to be in the photo. A road that is maintained and legal to ride is fair game. Gravel or not.
3. When you claim the tag, tell us where the tag was.
4. NO WHINING ABOUT IT BEING TOO FAR.
5. The tag must be findable. If a tag is standing for too long, you will be asked to post a clue or a new tag.
6. The new tag must be posted no later than one hour of the posting of your grab, or you will forfeit your tag to the previous tagger. Let's keep the game moving. We determined it was fast paced earlier right?
7. HE WHO POSTS FIRST WINS. It doesn't matter if you got to it first, the person who posts first wins the tag. (Laptops with cell modems and smart phones and other whiz-bang gizmos really help here.)
8. A working link to a photo is acceptable for short periods of time. It's sometimes hard to code HTML on the side of the road, so if you post up a link to a working picture, then it counts. Next time you're at a real computer, please edit it so that the picture shows up in the thread.
9. The OP [caycek5, and only caycek5 (I've been refered to as the before in the tag game so why not embrace the title)] is permitted to use file photos for a tag grab.
All rules are subject to change if I believe they should change and/or there is a darned good reason to change them. It's good to be King.

That's pretty much it.

Remember, the Cayce South Carolina Tag-o-rama is played in the city limits of Cayce only.

Have fun and ride safely.

Let's go play TAG!!

caycek5 screwed with this post 11-04-2012 at 08:33 AM
caycek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
caycek5 OP
Bionic Man, got Ti

1st Tag

Here is your first tag. It has been used in the State game, and the Midlands game. Good luck and happy tagging.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,721
I thought that place was raided as a meth lab.
kalonji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
caycek5 OP
Bionic Man, got Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalonji View Post
I thought that place was raided as a meth lab.
You're thinking of the Regency Inn up a block a few years back. It's safer now that the problem partial moved across the street to the Masters Inn. It's not like it is next door to a high school or anything like that.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
Me and my monkee
Out makin' Monkee Maps

Oddometer: 973
I'm thinking this is a piss take.
For the love of God I hope this is a piss take.
Me and my monkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:51 AM   #6
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Oddometer: 1,140

I expressed my sentiments over here.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:14 AM   #7
caycek5 OP
Bionic Man, got Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me and my monkee View Post
I'm thinking this is a piss take.
For the love of God I hope this is a piss take.
Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.
It just seemed ridiculous to start a fifth tag game, which lead to the creation of this sixth game. There was the debate/arguement when the regional games were created. They have seemed to run ok, although I hate that the state game tends to get neglected a bit more now (I also wasn't playing much, even before I wasn't able to ride). It seemed silly to me to start a new game because one's perception was the turn around wasn't fast enough. Go grab the tags, or gather some file photos, or heaven forbid actually just to for a ride with no destination.

Now is anyone going to grab this tag?
Old 11-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
Me and my monkee
Out makin' Monkee Maps

Oddometer: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura0107 View Post

I expressed my sentiments over here.

I believe I voiced a similar opinion when the North GA tag thread was created a couple of years back, and when the various SC tags threads started popping up I just quit playing altogether. I mean, our states are not that big to need multiple games. I guess some people just don't want to actually ride, as CacyeK5 satirized right here.

BTW, I clicked on your link. For some reason I feel like going out for a little Indian right about now...
Me and my monkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #9
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me and my monkee View Post
I believe I voiced a similar opinion when the North GA tag thread was created a couple of years back, and when the various SC tags threads started popping up I just quit playing altogether. I mean, our states are not that big to need multiple games. I guess some people just don't want to actually ride, as CacyeK5 satirized right here.

BTW, I clicked on your link. For some reason I feel like going out for a little Indian right about now...
The Indian is a cutie, isn't she? Unmarried, but in a relationship.

I knew Caycek5 was funnin', but the C-town guy started a 5th SC game for real.

Laura0107 screwed with this post 11-02-2012 at 01:54 PM
Laura0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #10
caycek5 OP
Bionic Man, got Ti

Quote:
I knew Caycek5 was funnin', but the C-town guy started a 4th SC game for real.
Not nitpicking, but the other new tag game is the 5th one for the state.

Just waiting for someone to grab my tag. Why won't anyone play my game?
It's fast paced, only one hour between a grab and a new tag. Should I change it to 15 minutes?
Old 11-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #11
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by caycek5 View Post
Not nitpicking, but the other new tag game is the 5th one for the state.

Just waiting for someone to grab my tag. Why won't anyone play my game?
It's fast paced, only one hour between a grab and a new tag. Should I change it to 15 minutes?
Yah, I caught that and edited my post 2 minutes before yours. Not nitpicking or anything.

Trying to decide now whether I might slip up the kitty kat trail tomorrow to the state lunch.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #12
caycek5 OP
Bionic Man, got Ti

Quote:
Trying to decide now whether I might slip up the kitty kat trail tomorrow to the state lunch.
Yes, you should. You can ride Old State Rd, it's usually a nice ride.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #13
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by caycek5 View Post
Yes, you should. You can ride Old State Rd, it's usually a nice ride.
I prolly will! Yup, Old State is on the northernmost part of the MEOW. Hope to see you, the Mrs., Hurc & Pink Lady tomorrow! Can't promise I'm gonna go for that tag, tho.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #14
caycek5 OP
Bionic Man, got Ti

A couple of pictures from the state lunch today. Look closely in the background.

Hurc838

scooterGdawg and BigWrench's rides

Why won't anyone grab my tag.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:56 PM   #15
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,721
Gdawg, where are the ape hangers and when did you start riding with a pink helmet?
kalonji is offline   Reply With Quote