ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #1
hudsen8 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Question Highland Resort

So...Highland resort near Cedartown, Ga. Never been there and did a search on here which resulted in a couple threads 3-4+ years old. Was wondering if anyone has been there recently and had any updates (I'm thinking about going next Sunday the 12th if anyone wanted to join in.) I'm mainly just interested in the trails and not the MX track.

Also wanted to get back into racing harescrambles if anyone had any info on that. But yea just curious about Highland resorts and if anyone had any info on it now days. Thanks, Hudsen

(Also if this needs to be moved let me know, I figured it was just most appropriate in the sub regional forums)
hudsen8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:26 PM   #2
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,955
Never been there personally, but heard good things from several friends that have.

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:41 PM   #3
rush2112_2112
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Tons of double track and single track. You will find something for every skill level there. Go. You will enjoy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2014, 12:04 PM   #4
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 842
awesome place to ride. I'd be there every weekend if I lived just a bit closer. :)

They are doing a hare scramble on the weekend of Oct 26th. if you are just getting back into it or wanting to test the waters it's one of the best ways to do it. the course is pretty easy, lots of fun, easy passing, and just a great way to get your feet wet. Plus they have an ADV class for the 650+cc street legal bikes. I've raced my 950 there the past two years and have had a blast.

the trails are all marked from 2 to 5 diamond so you know what you are getting into (roughly, trail conditions do change, so some 4 diamond trails IMHO are easier than some of the rutted out 3 diamond trails). Great place to ride if you have a group with a wide variety of riding skills as you can meet back at the parking/camping area often if you want. Plus if you have any mechanical issues, they have a well stocked dealership onsite. KTM parts, but they stock some other basic parts for other bikes.

plus you can rent bikes for the day if you want to try out a new two stroke or four stoke and see what you like.

good place. go. you'll be back.
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:52 PM   #5
hudsen8 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Thanks everyone for the replies, seems like I will not be let down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyR View Post
awesome place to ride. I'd be there every weekend if I lived just a bit closer. :)

They are doing a hare scramble on the weekend of Oct 26th. if you are just getting back into it or wanting to test the waters it's one of the best ways to do it. the course is pretty easy, lots of fun, easy passing, and just a great way to get your feet wet. Plus they have an ADV class for the 650+cc street legal bikes. I've raced my 950 there the past two years and have had a blast.
Yea I'm just trying to find a place to ease back into it sense I haven't raced in almost 10 years since I was in high school. So about this race on the 26, I looked on their site and didn't see anything about it, probably overlooked it, but where can I find more information on it? I'll be honest and say I don't have a Face book and don't intend to get another. Thanks again for the heads up on the race, Hudsen
hudsen8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:26 PM   #6
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 842
Check Georgia off road website. I'll get Paul to update the hp website with info. I need to get some more adv riders. Racing against one or two others is boring. :)
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote