Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #16
PacificPT
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 982
Looks like you made the most of the time you had; Thanks for sharing it with us.

There's roads and there's roads and they call, can't you hear it? Roads of the earth and roads of the spirit. The best roads of all are the ones that aren't certain. One of those is where you'll find me till they drop the big curtain. Bruce Cockburn
PacificPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:19 AM   #17
n16ht5
ride the night

Oddometer: 2,276
nice pics
n16ht5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #18
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
What he said....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n16ht5 View Post
nice pics!
If you decide to come this way again give us a shout. Lots of inmates here with great alternative route suggestions. Saw you downtown and almost asked if you wanted directions. I'm glad you picked your own route and shared the wonderful photos and your impressions. If you're looking to camp in Port Townsend, the county fairgrounds, just outside Ft Worden, are $10 or $12 with showers and restrooms. It's just a big grassy field only a 5 minute walk from Artillery Hill or the Parade Ground and Officer Row.
Thanks again for the RR, Dave
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
dammitdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #19
ADVNCW
Banned

Oddometer: 341
Thumb Thanks for sharing

Nice to see and read of your WA adventure. I or my family and I visit those places sometimes as well (from the other side of the mountains). I enjoyed the ferry and the motorcycle rumble through the tunnel twice in September!

Tha last time I was in Bremerton, an adv rider type waited by my motorcycle in the lot at Fred Meyer. He told me how to tour the Forest Roads of the Olympic Forest. Worth doing next time that you are in the area. I toured the Hood Canal then up to the Forest Roads toward the Pacific Coast. I happened to run into a guy on a Honda at a gas station who showed me how to cross directly on logging roads to Pacific Beach instead of the paved route that went the wrong way and back. Very fun riding, especially when the weather is nice. But that is the only time we visit west of the mountains, with nice weather!

Another visit that I enjoy is the submarine museum in Keyport

If weather is clear camping at Pacific Beach State Park is nice, right on the beach; but competitive to get a spot (go online days ahead to reserve) and the cost, as you mentioned. In Sept. with the off season I found a room just above the Pacific Beach SP that was only about 40 % more $$ than paying for the campsite plus 2 bundles of firewood. Unfortunately, having spent about 3 weeks on my motorcycle on the WA/OR coasts in Aug/ Sept, I discovered that ocean views are had by renting a room, few with camping, at least what I found thus far. Perhaps there is more camping with a view, other than surreptitious camping I did not find much...
ADVNCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #20
timmie415
n00b poster but not rider

Oddometer: 88
Nice RR mate,
Good to see my old stomping grounds again through the eyes of someone close to my current stomping grounds.
timmie415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:52 PM   #21
wachs
just passin' through

Oddometer: 4,782
Nice report - funny about the raven on Hurricane Ridge. Those birds are very smart. We never leave any food in our packs while skiing as they have figured out how to open zippers, snaps and velcro Came back to the top of the chairlift on Mt Hood once and they had absconded with everything but my apple which had a bunch of beak holes poked in it.

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...rch/hemisphere
wachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:53 AM   #22
Wy'east
Dust in the wind...

Oddometer: 128
Glad you had a good time. Makes me miss home all that much more. Sorry you couldn't see more of the Columbia Gorge, maybe next time - it's not going anywhere!

Obviously I'm a bit biased, but I think most people really don't know what variety lies out there in the PNW. You just managed to literally scratch the surface.

Take care...