Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > New Zealand
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #16
trustme
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 909
I suspect that might be Cam Donald the aussie IOM rider, bloody quick.

I've got both old & new Trumps, never struck the BS you talk of although I am sure it happens. The newer Bonnies are porky, & not as engaging or full of character to ride but you do know you will get there & back reliably. Pity the newer bikes are not a little lighter with a bit more power & some decent suspension, standard suspension is absolute crap . Truth be told your average modern day punter would not put up with an idiocyncratic, leaky barely reliable, poorly put together POS that the 70's Triumph was.

Sure are fun to punt around a race track though.

I have a hankering to build a Daytona 500 powered adventure bike, I have a soft spot for the tr5t Adventurer but it is almost impossible to find. Done right a 500 is a lovely little motor & quite reliable
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:51 AM   #17
Padmei
enamoured

Oddometer: 3,363
Did you see the cafe racer with the lovley alloy tank the City M/Cs boys took up in their van? It has just been finished & I love the look of it.
The owner Ron has a TR5 I believe undergoing the same restoration with high bars etc.

If you have a looksie on Tme you'll see the 2 BSAs they have imported. They are absolutely gorgeous in real life. The scrambler version has apparently never ever been ridden. The tyres are in 'as new' condition but perished & cracked.

Then there's the Ariel square 4...
Padmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:18 AM   #18
Voltaire OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
Did you see the cafe racer with the lovley alloy tank the City M/Cs boys took up in their van? It has just been finished & I love the look of it.
The owner Ron has a TR5 I believe undergoing the same restoration with high bars etc.

If you have a looksie on Tme you'll see the 2 BSAs they have imported. They are absolutely gorgeous in real life. The scrambler version has apparently never ever been ridden. The tyres are in 'as new' condition but perished & cracked.

I saw that and the 1959 Triumph Bonneville....It was on TM last week for 40K? ish
Voltaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #19
innathyzit
AKA Woodman

Oddometer: 817
Quote:

I would love to have one of them BSA Goldstar DBD?(you know wot I mean) 500 singles like Padmei mentioned. Very lovely. You can see I know my classics aye?
innathyzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:04 AM   #20
Voltaire OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by innathyzit View Post
I would love to have one of them BSA Goldstar DBD?(you know wot I mean) 500 singles like Padmei mentioned. Very lovely. You can see I know my classics aye?
only 35K.......

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-524013733.htm
Old 10-25-2012, 01:08 AM   #21
Voltaire OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustme View Post

I have a hankering to build a Daytona 500 powered adventure bike, I have a soft spot for the tr5t Adventurer but it is almost impossible to find. Done right a 500 is a lovely little motor & quite reliable
LOOK!!!!
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-527042782.htm

get RD Jase to pick it up for you...

Must be a pre production model as I'm sure they didn't win Daytona till 1967.....
Old 10-25-2012, 01:32 AM   #22
trustme
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 909
Too old, plain bearing on one side of the crank. I want a late model motor. The fact that a higher authority has been looking over my shoulder has nothing to do with this post
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:24 AM   #23
Voltaire OP
Beastly Adventurer

and now on video...

http://www.livetiming.co.nz/CtasVOD....3&v=BSTTCsub12

Your login is your name: John Comer

Your password is: NLF8075

might work....

thats me jumping the start...got a 30 sec penalty....
Old 10-26-2012, 12:54 AM   #24
Padmei
enamoured

Oddometer: 3,363
Awesme stuff thanks
Padmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #25
innathyzit
AKA Woodman

Oddometer: 817
Cool, That really looks like a lot of fun.
innathyzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #26
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,082
Quote:

NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:24 AM   #27
Voltaire OP
Beastly Adventurer

+=

Quote:
1963 BSA Goldstar Catalina Scrambler the last 500 goldstar scramber to leave the factory shipped in July 1963 to Ontario Canada and is in As New (or better) condition

City Motorcycles are an Authorised MotoGuzzi Dealer and BMW Service agency in Nelson
All our second hand bikes have a 3 Month Warranty and they have all been thru our workshop and serviced where necessary and they will have a New WOF upon sale
or I suppose they could spring for new tyres seeing as its 35K