User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
cartejo5 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Buying advice needed 78 T3 cali with 9()k miles

Afternoon folks, I'm considering buying a MG T3 cali 3 owners from new with 90,000 miles on it. The present owners had it for 13 years its supposed to be well maintained and pretty much original for 3300 gb pounds or $5200 dollars.

Does this sound reasonable and more importantly with that sort of mileage is there anything I really need to be looking for or is it overpriced and potentially a money pit?

Thanks
John
cartejo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
JonnyCash
turd polisher

Oddometer: 1,488
I don't know what they go for over there, but it does sound high to me. Seems like here, they go up to about $4000-$4500 for one that's really nice. I know they're very durable and all, but 90K is a lot of miles.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
cartejo5 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Thanks, I must admit I thought it was a bit rich but T3 calis tend to go for a premium price over here.
cartejo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:12 AM   #4
chris a
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Seems pretty steeply priced to me but then it all depends on the service history and condition.
At that kind of mileage I would check whether the clutch releases and engages smoothly...if it is harsh and "kicks' then you are probebly looking at a new clutch/flywheel as the splines get buggered.The UJ should also be checked, usual checks on valve and valve guide condition and a compression check to see if the bores are still ok .If original 850 it will have chrome ones not Niksil and potentially may be flaking.
Guzzi's are pretty much rock solid but like any other machine will wear out and that can prove to be expensive.. it all depends on the beast but unless it has been recently sorted I'd still say it's overpriced.Later 80's and 90's models should be cheaper, have good updates from the factory already incorporated .
chris a is offline   Reply With Quote