Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,501
AMA Pro Roadracing: Road America (Cheesy Spoilers)

Well, the AMA Pro Roadracing season resumes after a looonnngggg hiatus at Road America, located in the lovely verdant hills of the Kettle Moraine, not far from Elkhart Lake WI. I'll be there, as I have every year since 1985. Got my Lipidor packed, anticipating Bratwurst overdose...

Television coverage begins at 2:30 PM on Saturday and at 3:00 PM on Sunday on the CBS sports network. The only strictly "live" coverage will be the Superbike races, which still beats the fuck out of SpeedTV's practice of airing the races at midnight.

Day one racing will be re-run staring at 1 PM on Sunday and race 2 coverage will be re-run Sunday Night staring at 9 PM. (All times EST)

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,482
Looking forward to this weekend. RA is a great track that always produces exciting races.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,368
Less mechanicals for the Triumphs wouldn't break my heart.

Hopefully these races will make in online at some point soon after the race since I don't bet cbs sportsnetwork.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:15 AM   #4
Kaanan
Knee deep in snow.

Oddometer: 591
I'll be at campsite 83.

+1,000 on beer and brats!
Kaanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #5
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

TV schedule:

Quote:
This weekend will mark the debut of GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing's television broadcasts on CBS Sports Network as part of the CBS Sports Spectacular. This weekend's coverage includes same-day delayed broadcasts of both AMA Pro GoPro Daytona SportBike races, and will begin Saturday, June 1 at 2:30 p.m. ET/11:30 a.m. PT with an all-new weekend Preview Show. Coverage of GoPro Daytona SportBike Race 1 will follow the Preview Show on Saturday, June 1 at 3:00 p.m. ET/12:00 noon PT with Race 2 scheduled for Sunday, June 2 at 3:00 p.m. ET/12:00 p.m. PT. Fans can find CBS Sports Network on their TV by using the channel finder at http://www.cbssportsnetwork.com/channel-finder.

This weekend will mark the debut of GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing's television broadcasts on CBS Sports Network as part of the CBS Sports Spectacular. This weekend's coverage includes LIVE broadcasts of both AMA Pro National Guard SuperBike races, and will begin Saturday, June 1 at 2:30 p.m. ET/11:30 a.m. PT with an all-new weekend Preview Show. Live coverage of AMA Pro National Guard SuperBike Race 1 will air on Saturday, June 1 at 4:00 p.m. ET/1:00 p.m. PT with Race 2 slotted in for Sunday, June 2 at 4:00 p.m. ET/1:00 p.m. PT. Fans can find CBS Sports Network on their TV by using the channel finder at http://www.cbssportsnetwork.com/channel-finder.

In addition to the live broadcasts on CBS Sports Network, AMA Pro Live will be live streaming multiple channels of behind-the-scenes video of the weekend’s activities alongside Live Timing & Scoring. AMA Pro Live puts fans in the director’s chair, allowing them to choose from a variety of viewpoints including track cameras, paddock cameras and a press conference channel. Streaming will begin with coverage of the weekend’s practice and qualifying sessions on Friday, May 31 at 1:00 p.m. ET/10:00 a.m. PT at http://www.amaprolive.com.

DogBoy screwed with this post 05-30-2013 at 12:21 PM
DogBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Live streaming video is up

http://www.amaprolive.com/rr/

Practice has started.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:57 AM   #7
viajero
Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer: 2,268
Just ten riders in Superbike?

Looks like Hayes has them covered, so far.
viajero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:17 PM   #8
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by viajero View Post
Just ten riders in Superbike?

Looks like Hayes has them covered, so far.
Close. There are 25. You can scroll down the live timing or click the button that says "expand to show the whole field" or something like that.

I have to give AMA Pro Racing credit for really using the internet. I'm watching live streaming on-board from JD Beach's DSB R6 right now. With sound. For free. The webcams, live timing, results (including section times) and archives are excellent.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #9
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
They definitely get credit for moving in the right direction. I hope the response is eye opening for them.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #10
viajero
Too old to be a nOOb

Oddometer: 2,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
Close. There are 25. You can scroll down the live timing or click the button that says "expand to show the whole field" or something like that.

I have to give AMA Pro Racing credit for really using the internet. I'm watching live streaming on-board from JD Beach's DSB R6 right now. With sound. For free. The webcams, live timing, results (including section times) and archives are excellent.
Ok, got it. Thanks.

I wish Beach's camera was pointing forward, though.
viajero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:32 PM   #11
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
They definitely get credit for moving in the right direction. I hope the response is eye opening for them.
Me too. Spread the word so people will know about it. Best part is its FREE. (Don't tell the AMA I would probably pay to watch a bunch of streaming on-board cameras.)
Old 06-01-2013, 06:12 AM   #12
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

AMA Pro Motorcycle-Superstore.com SuperSport Race 2 to Stream Live from Road America

Old 06-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #13
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Huge crash on SS restart

Old 06-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #14
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Quote: