Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #91
VietHorse OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrff View Post
Really awesome report! Read the whole thing! It has been nice to meet you through advrider and I am so glad to see you enjoyed NC. It is always nice to have such great friends to share the fun. Thanks for sending me the link to this. In your report, you recall Lake Logan I am sure...well...I live two minutes from there so if you get back this way, I would love to show you around as there are many, many roads as nice as the Dragon, not as well known, but lots of fun and very scenic. I am getting older now so I stop often for photos or just to think I have been riding in these hills for about 50 years( or more as we had dirt bikes as kids) so there are a few places I could share. Take Care! Ed
Thanks Ed, It's really my great time. Up to now, it's my ride of the life time. Ride on great roads, see all the beautiful landscape, meet great riders... what else I should expect?!
If knowing you before the trip, definitely I would pass by for at least a visit. I was very impressed by the Lake Logan. It’s really beautiful. If I was there earlier, I may be able to see some fog hanging on the water. That would be awesome scene.
Talking about great roads, I have ridden on few of the best (twisty) roads at NC, which could be considered better than the Dragon. However, as you and many people know, Dragon is a very well known place, and it worth it for a foreigner like me to come, ride, and ... of course, take photos. LOL... However, if having you there, I would know the best roads around as I believe your 50 years riding there could tell a lot.
I got your location already, really hope we can have dinner at El Pobre restaurant some day.

Link to All about VietNam

VietHorse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #92
VietHorse OP
Beastly Adventurer

One year from this trip now. .
When could I come back for a longer ride....!!??

Old 03-30-2014, 09:40 PM   #93
VietHorse OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietHorse View Post
Then I myself headed to the Dragon. It was almost no traffic on the Dragon. This time, I done the Dragon for two times without any issue.
I put my team's logo (ACE MTSG) here:

Thank you very much Tex76 for the photo.
TWT and ACE MTSG stickers are still there after almost 2 years .

Old 08-17-2014, 04:44 AM   #94
ToasterTech
Working for the Man!

Oddometer: 34
Excellent ride report, just finished reading!

Heading to Tellico Plains, TN this coming weekend. I live in Nashville,TN so I have ridden a lot of the roads you rode. But I have been wanting to ride to Highland NC for a while now since I have never been, so I enjoyed your report and perspective on the area. I plan to ride to Highland this coming trip!

I visited Vietnam in 1974 for a couple of days when my dad moved us to Thailand for 4 years and really liked it. I first started riding motorcycles in the jungles of Chang Mai Thailand on a Honda trail 70. I have never been back since, but would really like to come back and ride SE Asia on a motorbike, I know it has changed a lot in the last 40 years but it is there where my love of motorcycles began.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:47 PM   #95
VietHorse OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToasterTech View Post
Heading to Tellico Plains, TN this coming weekend. I live in Nashville,TN so I have ridden a lot of the roads you rode. But I have been wanting to ride to Highland NC for a while now since I have never been, so I enjoyed your report and perspective on the area. I plan to ride to Highland this coming trip!

I visited Vietnam in 1974 for a couple of days when my dad moved us to Thailand for 4 years and really liked it. I first started riding motorcycles in the jungles of Chang Mai Thailand on a Honda trail 70. I have never been back since, but would really like to come back and ride SE Asia on a motorbike, I know it has changed a lot in the last 40 years but it is there where my love of motorcycles began.
So now you must have a trip report, and you could show us more detail about Highland, the little nice town which I wish to spend a night there.
Come back here for a visit. Sure you gotta back after that many many times.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:07 PM   #96
TonsOfFun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
I enjoy you're ride reports VietHorse, glad you got to experience that part of the USA during the fall colors.
There's so much more to see, hope you come back.
Thanks for sharing it.

TonsOfFun screwed with this post 08-29-2014 at 09:03 AM
TonsOfFun is offline   Reply With Quote