Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 02:56 PM   #91
ADV Shark
Banned

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie Preacher View Post
Can't speak to the whole line, but my experience of a K60 on the front end was that it whined like a spoiled middle-school girl.

Have stuck with a K60 rear and TKC 80 on the front and couldn't be happier.
im running heid's on front and rear on 09' gsa and normally get 2 rear tires to 1 front how does it work out when running the TKC 80 on the front. I cant imagine a TKC 80 being quitter than a K60
ADV Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #92
jigginjim
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
I used the K76's last winter (in the UK) and I drive along predominantly 'B' roads, which to you yanks are single lane roads with a 60 mph limit. Value wise the Heidenaus were great but I wouldn't describe them as in the same class as the Tourances. I found the back tyre vague and tended to lose grip on shiney patches of tarmac and it was well and truly dead after 3000 miles. Got about twice that from the front. Id rate them in the same class as the Conti Trail Attacks which ive got on at the moment. I had a set of Dunlop Roadsmarts and they were fantastic, stuck to the road like glue in the wet and cold but they were way too expensive last time I needed tyres.
jigginjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:51 PM   #93
Mosher
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
I'm on my second set of Heidi's and haven't notices any loss of tractor. Twisties were fine. My wife and I live near Tail of the Dragon and rode that on a cool December day without any noticeable slippage, dragging pegs through many turns. Last set got 16-17k miles before I decided to throw the new set on. My only complaint would be the front tire started to cup and small cracks formed around each nub which is why I decided to swap both out. I've ridden 90/10 road to off road on them and see no reason to switch brands the next tire change. Also the GS looks better with aggressive tires IMO.
Mosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:55 AM   #94
bikeroz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 371
I'm in 2 minds about the K-76 and the Conti T/A 2.
Seems like the mileage from both are more or less the same, except the Heidenau K-76's are more noisy.

Personally only had the Conti TA (came with bike) and no problems whatsoever with the rear. The front is a different story.
bikeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:11 AM   #95
jigginjim
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeroz View Post
I'm in 2 minds about the K-76 and the Conti T/A 2.
Seems like the mileage from both are more or less the same, except the Heidenau K-76's are more noisy.

Personally only had the Conti TA (came with bike) and no problems whatsoever with the rear. The front is a different story.
Whats the difference in price? The Conti's feel much more road biased than the K76's so I suppose its worth considering what kind of surfaces you'll be riding on?
jigginjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:36 PM   #96
Sclodion
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Running K60s on my GS1200, approx 50/50 road and varying off road terrain.

I run 30F 34R carrying light equipment and this seems a good compromise for all terrain as I'm not a fan of adjusting pressures every couple of hours.

They are a bit noisier than the Anakee2's I was running previously and certainly give a different feeling on road corners. But I get the pegs down with no grip issues nor have I felt a lack of bite from the front while trail braking into corners or the rear when gassing it out of them.

They are very confidence inspiring in the dirt, especially sand, something I couldn't say about the Anakee's but that's to be expected.

All in all I'm very pleased. Will I buy them again? Possibly, but I'd like to give the Sava MC60s a go next.
Sclodion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:50 AM   #97
bikeroz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 371
I did not look at price yet.
Seems like my service shop don't have the Conti's, but they do the Heidenaus.
Thus far I mostly did road (work, long distance, etc), but would like more dirt which I have done in the past under my own duress on the Conti's.
I developed a love for twisties on the black top and hence my indecision.
Having said that, speed limit is 'generally' 100-110 Km/h (62-68 mph) down under. So I am technically unable to do corners at 160km/h

Heidi K60 Scout kinda off the list due to tire noise, poor wet black top grip and squaring off which might compromise corners later in life.
K76 is on the list - will probably try them and see how they go.

Still open to advice/suggestions
bikeroz is offline   Reply With Quote