Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2013, 06:02 AM   #61
Åmme
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
Day 2

Special 490 km
Transport 10 km

The stage started with a sand dune areas for approximately 50 km and I got lost totally in the beginning and I there blaming/ swearing to myself, found the first WP and no tracks, no signs of other riders, went back to a point there I recognized myself in the RB and made a new try with the same result gave up and headed for next WP, trying to identify myself in the RB after some time some other riders followed me who started 15 min later, finally I started to recognize myself, but I there way down in the field. This a problem I have if I'm not 100% convinced that I'm right in the RB I really loose speed.

During the rest of the stage to RCP who there at 250 km I picked up some riders, but needed to slow down the last 50 km as I there on the limit with fuel, came in to RCP extremely disappointed on myself, but there told by my brother that I only came in 5 min after him.

Right before RCP rider 17 crashed at a high speed and we have to wait at RCP for additional 1 hours as the helicopter needed to bring him to UB for medical treatment.

Right after RCP we should cross a river, with very high water flow, one of the cars there stuck in the middle of the river and started to drift due to the water flow , well we decided to help each other over the river and a few local joined us, we started with the 660 and with the high exhaust we could use the engine and with the strength of 3 people we managed to get it over without drowning it.

Totally exhausted we started to walk back to collect the 570, here we plugged the exhaust and pushed the bike over and finally we managed to reach the other side of the river.

Due to this I lost some motivation and there quite exhausted to continue push for the rest of the stage.

At the end of the stage I raced together with a local rider, but he forget the rules that you stop racing a the time sign and slowdown before the reaching the time keepers, he crashed in to me at the time keepers and as I there quite disappointed with my day I told him a few thing that I normally don't and smashed his helmet a couple of times, finally I cooled down and we agreed to shake hands.

11 position and dropped to 9th in the total and my brother in front of me both in stage and total
Åmme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:06 AM   #62
Åmme
Gnarly Adventurer

Some race pictures and the suspension is used to 100%
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2013, 06:08 AM   #63
Åmme
Gnarly Adventurer

End of stroke
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #64
GezwindeSpoed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Great to read about this special rally!!!
Old 09-27-2013, 02:24 AM   #65
Vicks
I love sand !!!

Oddometer: 2,962
Mikael & Anders,

thanks for the updates, you both seem to be enjoying every moment of the rally in spite of the minor set backs... keep the spirit up !!!

like the pictures very much

cheers
No beautiful body soft and warm to the touch but, i have a very small desire
Give me a dark... long... winding road, three gears to go and my Hellas on fire !!
Vicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:59 AM   #66
Mike The Swede OP
Mike, The Swede

Oddometer: 45
Come on bro! Where is the rest of the story?
Attached Images

Mike The Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:25 AM   #67
Åmme
Gnarly Adventurer

Relax I have post rally syndrom
Old 09-28-2013, 12:35 AM   #68
Åmme
Gnarly Adventurer

Day 3,

Special 530 km
Transport 40 km

Wow the first part of the stage to RCP must have been the stage of my life, absolutely stunning surrounding, small valleys a lot of small river crossings with crystal clear water, spot on navigation.

Today we started with reversed start order and just before the climb to Sugawara pass at 3000 meter I found my brother behind me and we stayed together to RCP who there located at a gas station during fueling of the 660 the power dropped and they started up a generator who also run out of fuel, some chaos before a rumor told us that another gas station across the village there open and we made it back to starting time.

Afternoon there really hot and we stayed together most of the stage, unfortunately did we again manage to make a navigation mistake close to a lake and we lost 15-20 minutes on that mistake, made another smaller mistake closer to finish line and lost additional time.

Made a effort at the end of the stage to pull a gap to brother but managed only 52 sek and lost the stage with 8 seconds, this last effort made me totally exhausted and during the last transport of 40 km I where really suffering once in the bivouac we needed to wait for luggage truck to late night and we did bike service in longjohns must been a exotic view for the locals.

29 bikes out of 40 are still in the competition.
Brother 6 position in total and I just behind him in 7th position.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:20 AM   #69
Åmme
Gnarly Adventurer

A few pictures just before finish line day 3
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2013, 03:21 AM   #70
Åmme
Gnarly Adventurer

Myself
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2013, 03:31 AM   #71
Åmme
Gnarly Adventurer

A few more pictures from day 3

1 dead 1 alive
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2013, 03:34 AM   #72
Åmme
Gnarly Adventurer

Night service
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2013, 03:37 AM   #73
Åmme
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm not tired just exhausted
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2013, 12:02 AM   #74
Åmme
Gnarly Adventurer

Day 4

Day 4
Kind of a rest day only a short stage of 100km with start 12:00

Did the service of the bikes in the morning, the 570 there easy just a oil & filter change and new rear tire, on the 660 we found a lot of metal particles on the oil plug not really much else to do then changing oil and filter and cross the fingers that the bike will make it to the end.

The 3 top rider did have a tracker today to make sure that they followed RD and this created some confusion on the course, brother did have a blast today and got confused at one point as he did not find any tracks, my comment to this at the finish line there quite logic if you are first in the pist you don't see any tracks from other riders.

Myself struggled with CP 1 together with a few other riders and lost 5-10 minutes before I found the course again, missed a washout warning, but I have learnt the lesson from Morocco don't brake give throttle and aim to get the front wheel over, It will still hurt but far less then hitting the washout wall with your front wheel.

Brother made it to the podium today with a second place I came in as normal in 7th position.

We are still 6&7 in total I'm now 6 minutes after brother in the total.

Some more life supporting actions on the 660 in the evening to keep the bike running the last few days.

We did get a sandstorm in the evening and I spent 1 hour outside in goggles and long john holding my tent.

Top speed test of 660 Rally still make + 150km
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2013, 12:06 AM   #75
Åmme
Gnarly Adventurer

Myself following in the dustcloud of the faster riders
Attached Images