ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 59 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #271
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,939
Ok, video plays now instead of bombing out after a minute and a half. For whatever reason it wasn't playing earlier today.
Nice to hear the thoughts behind the building of the OAT.
And you are near one section that may need a little work, lot of pavement between Cleveland and where we crossed Hwy 169 north of Nowata. Nice back road pavement really but there were some thoughts that maybe a bit much?

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale

Shawnee Bill screwed with this post 06-17-2013 at 06:08 PM
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #272
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

Oddometer: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee Bill View Post
Ok, video plays now instead of bombing out after a minute and a half. For whatever reason it wasn't playing earlier today.
Nice to hear the thoughts behind the building of the OAT.
And you are near one section that may need a little work, lot of pavement between Cleveland and where we crossed Hwy 169 north of Nowata. Nice back road pavement really but there were some thoughts that maybe a bit much?

good bad or ugly, i'm glad to hear some insight into the OAT. Osage county is next door so i will definitely put that on my hit list of things to work on.
OKlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #273
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

Quote:

I have a question, do you always talk to us when you ride?

Only if i'm purposely recording a vlog. My channel on youtube is dedicated to motorcycle stuff, and when i don't have anything interesting i've recorded or i have something on my mind i do a vlog.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #274
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKlr View Post
Only if i'm purposely recording a vlog. My channel on youtube is dedicated to motorcycle stuff, and when i don't have anything interesting i've recorded or i have something on my mind i do a vlog.
I've watched most of your stuff and that was just an observation I had. I talk to people when I ride sometimes, except I'm really glad none of it gets recorded

Either I missed it or I have forgotten, do you detail anywhere your voice recording setup?

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Old 06-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #275
Dadayama
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post
Leaving Lake McMurtry at 8am Friday morning... Northeast Oklahoma Friday night... Southeast Oklahoma Saturday night. ETC.... will keep you all updated...
Here is the Ride report and some pics...LINK
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #276
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

Quote:
I've watched most of your stuff and that was just an observation I had. I talk to people when I ride sometimes, except I'm really glad none of it gets recorded

Either I missed it or I have forgotten, do you detail anywhere your voice recording setup?

Gopro hero 3 white, gopro audio adapter, audio-technica atr3350 mic under right cheekpad.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #277
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post
Glad to see everyone made it back in one piece. Liked the ride report, i added it to the first post.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #278
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Gopro hero 3 white, gopro audio adapter, audio-technica atr3350 mic under right cheekpad.
How do you connect that mic to the GoPro?

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Old 06-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #279
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

This is my current setup:

Old 06-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #280
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

Is anyone in south eastern oklahoma that can help with a reroute? The group that went out over the weekend ran into a closed gate. Needing to know some options. Anyone know if the k trail is open? I've heard that one half is easily passable, but the other half is pretty tough. i've never rode it though.

here is the location of the gate that was closed. N34 36.198 W94 47.844

OKlr screwed with this post 06-18-2013 at 07:31 PM
Old 06-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #281
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
This is my current setup:

I was afraid you would have a hole in the camera housing, I really don't want to do that. I use my GoPro on kayaking trips so I need waterproof.

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Old 06-19-2013, 07:37 AM   #282
cropear
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Gates in the SE

Quote:
here is the location of the gate that was closed. N34 36.198 W94 47.844
When me and kilted ran threw there back in December. We bypassed this as it appeared to be a short cut. We went down to the original route that had a lock gate to the south of 144. I remember that off the road this was very washed and rugged.
From

Of course it was in the prime of hunting season. The gates we had seen open, somehow we had figured out that there is going to be a gate on the other end that is locked.
My assumption was. If you have posted land you do not want to make it so a person can drive all the way through it. If someone goes in they only have one way to come out. Maybe this helps Game Wardens as well. I remember there being a few times were looking in our rear view mirror we saw that we had gone through a gate and did not realize it. We then rerouted accordingly.
I think the general rule in SE oklahoma is seasonal for routing. What may have worked in July may not work come October.
cropear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:13 AM   #283
kiltedcrawford
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by cropear View Post
When me and kilted ran threw there back in December. We bypassed this as it appeared to be a short cut. We went down to the original route that had a lock gate to the south of 144. I remember that off the road this was very washed and rugged.

Of course it was in the prime of hunting season. The gates we had seen open, somehow we had figured out that there is going to be a gate on the other end that is locked.
My assumption was. If you have posted land you do not want to make it so a person can drive all the way through it. If someone goes in they only have one way to come out. Maybe this helps Game Wardens as well. I remember there being a few times were looking in our rear view mirror we saw that we had gone through a gate and did not realize it. We then rerouted accordingly.
I think the general rule in SE oklahoma is seasonal for routing. What may have worked in July may not work come October.
The gate these guys ran into was not one we encountered, so I'm no help there.

And, I'll disagree with Cropear. In his pic above, the route we actually rode is gray. The red were areas that were on the route but gated. So, I'm pretty sure the route we rode was gate-free, through this area at least.
kiltedcrawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #284
zekester63
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 480
Some of the guys over on the OK BS Thread are pretty familiar with that area in SE OK, and usually have an annual ride there, staying at the Clayton Lake State Park I think, which is near the west end of the K-trail. I remember seeing some talk about gates, but supposedly there are is than one way to get in and out of there.

I've ridden the east end of K-trail and some of the forest roads in that area, but not all the way through, nor the specific area mentioned with the gate.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against hunting at all, but it sure is a shame that area gets closed off sometimes. It's an awesome area with miles and miles of excellent roads to ride. A couple years ago we were there riding, and the local Park Ranger told us that more and more of those roads are being closed off because of environmental groups wanting to save wildlife. Supposedly there is some species of fish there that is endangered...not really sure. He predicted that within a few years most of it would be closed off. Oh, and he checked all our bikes for spark arrestors as well (we happened to all be on dirt bikes that weekend).

And for those of you interested in riding single track while you're in that area, there's a trail called the CNT (Choctaw Nation Trail) that goes between Talimena State Park and Billy Creek Campground, just off of hwy 63 near Muse, OK. Billy Creek is an awesome little primitive camping area (with water) that has been nearly empty every time we've been there. With the creek just below the camp sites, and decent temps, it makes for perfect camping. Be forewarned though, the CNT isn't big bike friendly at all, and will definitely challenge you. But coming from a background of dirt bikes, I think it's an excellent trail and can't wait to go back and ride it again.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #285
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

talked to dadayama and i think we are just going to route it west on the k trail. The east side of the k trail should be open year round since the private property is usually off the side of it.