ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 47 votes, 4.98 average. Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #61
cropear
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
NorthEast OK 1

From November 20, 2012
cropear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #62
airdale7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
I just have to ask ....Why the detour thru Arkansas? I live in Cherokee County and think its some of the most scenic area in Oklahoma. Check the route for The Last Ride of the Year.

I'm just sayin'

Every day is a new adventure!
airdale7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #63
kiltedcrawford
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by cropear View Post
From November 20, 2012

This is SE OK. Areas of Red are area that are either gated or contested. At least two of the red lines should be removed as they where gated with the word "Hunting Club" in the title.
I told Cropear I'd provide the narration, so here goes. As he said, all the red lines on this map, except one, were gated.
The ungated red line was the northernmost route which OKlr has since rerouted to the Clayton Trail. Since we didn't know that at the time, we took the highway up and around to Muse.

We did not scout out the alternate path.
kiltedcrawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #64
kiltedcrawford
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
The red line here, south of Heavener, we intentionally skipped and was not scouted. We were coming in from the trail in the Talimena Drive area, we didn't know the area and it was getting dark, so we headed straight into Heavener.
The next morning, due to time concerns, we decided to skip that loop and head NW out of Heavener.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #65
kiltedcrawford
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
This is another case of not having the current route. The track we followed, along the IIlinois, has been routed to the south. I don't know what that route's like, but the one we took along the Illinois was very nice.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #66
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

Oddometer: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale74451 View Post
I just have to ask ....Why the detour thru Arkansas? I live in Cherokee County and think its some of the most scenic area in Oklahoma. Check the route for The Last Ride of the Year.

I'm just sayin'
If you can send me a link to the route i will check it out. If you have any ideas for the route please post up and we will get it figured out.
OKlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #67
haildamage
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 178
haildamage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:20 AM   #68
OKlr OP
Youtube whore

Oddometer: 767
I edited the track and fixed the areas you mentioned. I am not totally sure what to do with se Oklahoma since the part i had mapped has not been ridden, so i left it on there:

Green is the route that has been ridden, its mostly 2 lane highways. Red is projected route, teal is shorter version.

OKlr screwed with this post 12-14-2012 at 01:49 PM Reason: removed outdated download
OKlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:43 AM   #69
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,890
Looks good and that SE Oklahoma is some fun riding but is always going to be a bit of a problem. The last couple of years it seems there are always new gates being put up down there. At the Clayton ride in October the report was that there were gates on the K-trail where there had never been gates before.

I'm itching to ride but it's going to be after the first of the year before I can get time to ride that far.

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #70
cropear
Adventurer

From November 20, 2012

North to Tulsa
Old 12-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #71
cropear
Adventurer

From November 20, 2012

Around Perry
Old 12-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #72
cropear
Adventurer

Ne ok

From November 20, 2012
Old 12-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #73
cropear
Adventurer

From November 20, 2012
Old 12-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #74
kiltedcrawford
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
From November 20, 2012

North to Tulsa
The red line in the SE part of the map was covered last time.

We also rerouted at the red line crossing I-44. We wanted to come into Adair from the South to scout for lodging and got off the trail to do so. Finding nothing there, we headed on up the highway through Big Cabin and finally ended up in Vinita. The next morning Cropear headed home via Route 66 and I picked up the trail again at 66. These tracks were not scouted but I have no reason to believe there would have been any problems following it. We had different needs at the time, though.

The last red line at the top has been rerouted in the latest version, I think. There was an open gate with no trespassing signs on the fence. I went in anyway and, after passing by one house, ended up at another. I called it good here, backtracked and found a road headed back East towards Dewey. From there I followed the highway and picked up the trail again west of Bartlesville on Hwy 60.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #75
kiltedcrawford
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
From November 20, 2012

Around Perry
The two little red blips around Stillwater were closed roads that I had to do minor reroutes around. I think the southern one was at the south end of an offroad atv/motorcycle track.

The next divergence to the north, around Lake McMurtry into Perry, I believe is another result of having an old version of the route, as well as the difference in lines west of Perry.

The next difference was me needing gas at Kremlin, so I routed what I thought was straight in (it wasn't), and the next line to the west was due to road construction. I don't think it'd make a difference what roads you took through here.