ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #241

Oddometer: 5,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme23005 View Post
I've been considering taking a trip to NYC or jersey.. I wonder if there would be enough tree work left, to justify going...

This snow is still bringing them down here on the island so you can probably scrape up some work.

We also have the transformer light show going on again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeflow
conformity makes better taxpayers.
13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #242
ktmjohn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
It's great that we have guys from all over the country. I saw Colorado plates near my home today.
I spoke to a crew from Michigan today at the gym. They are using the locker rooms for showers, etc.

They were PISSED that they could not vote. Too late for absentee ballots and their county clerk was no help. Card carrying NRA members too.

This is something the news should have picked up on.... 1000's of guys working on this natural disaster who were prevented from voting.

Still nowhere to buy gas. Lines or not. Never seen storm damage like this.

www.lirtc.org | www.occr.net

ktmjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #243
racermx66
Husqvarna

Oddometer: 387
Lineman from Alabama were working on the power in my neighborhood. If I waited for JCP&L to repair all the down wires, it would be Christmas before we saw lights.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #244
hvman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
I know of 2 crews from Clark County, Washington that have been working in New Jersey!
hvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #245
z0ne
~santoku samuri~

Oddometer: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvman View Post
I know of 2 crews from Clark County, Washington that have been working in New Jersey!
I'm positive everyone is thankful for all crews from all over the country have come to help out. I helped two guys with chainsaws from Minnesota clean up my parents and neighbors' yards. 8-18" branches and trunks had been scattered all over town from oak trees.

'93 CB750
z0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:46 AM   #246

1-3 my ass.

Quote:
Old 11-08-2012, 05:10 AM   #247
justme23005
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
justme said "I've been considering taking a trip to NYC or jersey.. I wonder if there would be enough tree work left, to justify going..."

They've been hiring tree crews from all over the country, got any experience with getting trees off of power lines?

Seriously, Long Island Power Auth. still has 160K customers without power. You might want to contact them or Con Ed, which still has 90K customers in Westchester without power.

I could have used your services myself, cut up 6 fallen trees yesterday on my property in Westchester. I'm sure there are many others in the area who don't know which end of a chainsaw to hold. Thousands of trees down in Westchester.
Getting trees off power lines is a lot easier than taking trees off houses. (which we do a decent amount of) I'll send out some emails & see if we can line up some work.. I'm not trying to get rich, but it would be nice to at least make enough to cover expenses.
justme23005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:30 AM   #248
rob23
on the pipe

Oddometer: 1,811
MCI (Motorcycle Competition Inc.) has announced that all proceeds from this year’s Stump-Jumper Enduro will be donated to local charitable organizations assisting families affected by the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.

Press Release:
http://motocrosspress.blogspot.com/2...cross+Press%29

Entry Form and Info:
http://www.ride-mci.com/enduro
rob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #249
outlaws justice
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,005
http://youtu.be/ZCAkh5QbYWI
Old 11-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #250
outlaws justice
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,005
Well said Chris!
Old 11-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuman View Post
You know, I'd agree with you if it all wasn't orange.

Thats some funny shit.

Quote:
Old 11-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #252
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 476
I was down in jackson ripping it up tuesday,didnt see one soul on a bike.Screw the 2 party race I went riding.I vote everyday should be a riding day From seeing the way my neighbors talk it dont take a rocket scientist to see the majority of people are brainwashed to vote for the 2 party system maybe braindead is a better word.I mentioned gary Johnson and my neighbors gave me the how dare you not vote for obama look.People cant forward think or think out of the box anymore or for themselves for that matter.We have become sheep,maybe its the floride in the water that has dumbed this country down an made us docile.People dont seem to ever get enraged and outspoken anymore?
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #253
Canuman
Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer: 4,528
Not much snow here. actually, but that will change soon enough. I had to drop the van off at the glass shop to get the windshield replaced -- my little memento of Sandy. Couldn't hook up with a return ride, so I threw the KLR on the trailer and rode that back.

Plenty of people were looking at me like I had three heads. I had a great ride. Did about half on gravel, and got back before anything major hit. There's about an inch in the drive just now. I hope to ride to get the van tomorrow.
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:00 AM   #254
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

Oddometer: 12,748
Hurricane pictures?

Anyone have any more of them? Don't think we are going to solve the political divide in this country on the "Hurricane Sandy Pictures" thread.

Chris, you are one of the best big bike and baby dirt bike riders I know. Almost as good as Tribeless:

But your political opinions (and opinions about people who are different) are pretty distasteful. There is enough hate in this world without airing it on a friendly motorcycle forum. Please, back to motorcycles!
Old 11-09-2012, 07:06 AM   #255
Schickmeister
Youngin'

Oddometer: 2,662
I like motorcycles. And America.

Who needs a hug?