ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #31
the kawasaki kid
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Really hope this doesn't get bad. Stay safe out there.
the kawasaki kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #32
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikehigh View Post
Then there's this guy who was attaching his prize to his car with the thinnest bungy cords possible.
Jeebus, he spent HOW much on a generator but couldn't be bothered to buy some ROPE or tiedown STRAPS?
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #33
bdb1513
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Looks like it's not really starting up in north jersey until early tomorrow morning. I think I'll be getting out on the bike for a little while after work tonight before I spend the next 3 days at the firehouse lol
Old 10-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #34
viverrid
not dead yet

I went riding this afternoon. Since there was a little mist in the air and it looked like rain any time, I didn't go far from home. But then since it didn't actually rain, I kept circling around and around. Ended up stopping for lunch too.

When I got home after lunch it still wasn't raining so I checked some of our gutters. Good thing I did, they were clogged with pine needles and leaves.
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.

viverrid screwed with this post 10-28-2012 at 03:21 PM
Old 10-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #35
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

Oddometer: 13,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by loph917 View Post
I am out riding. Pussies
Me too. Was kinda quiet in NYC this morning:

Old 10-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #36
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,846
OK, i am prepping for storm.

Actually, I did all I could yesterday to get things ready. Loose things around yard lashed down or put in shed, gutters cleaned out, cars gassed up, and chainsaw fixed/ready to go in case any trees come down. Camping stove pulled out, checked grill(BBQ)for gas, freezer stocked with ice to keep things cold, and oil burner tuned and started up..for when we do have electric, to heat house if it gets cold. Bout all we can do...its gonna be what its gonna be.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #37
viverrid
not dead yet

I tied our balcony furniture into one unit and then tied it to the railing. Furniture bondage! The little side tables even have their legs in the air, lol.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #38

Oddometer: 5,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobonli View Post
It amazes me how people spend $$$ on perishables right before a power-outage but the canned food aisle is fully stocked and untouched!

Meat is usually being sold at a great price. I have a generator. I stock up right before storms roll in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeflow
conformity makes better taxpayers.
13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #39
Bikehigh
Not Dead Yet

Oddometer: 3,942
I'm making a big pot of sauce and meatballs. I put the meatballs in the sauce raw, and they're very loose. I put a lot of egg in them, and they're not firmed up enough to stir yet. I sometimes put a lot of eggs in the meat, ever since seeing an episode of "Throwdown With Bobby Flay" where the chellenger who won used four eggs for every pound of meat. This is gonna be good!

Bikehigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #40
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,629
I was out on the DARC VI ride this morning. Storm prep at the apartment consisted of taking the chairs in off the deck. Woo.

The shipyard is another matter, we've got to sandbag the shop in case the storm surge is as high as they're saying...
Twilight Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #41
06wrx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
OK, i am prepping for storm.

Actually, I did all I could yesterday to get things ready. Loose things around yard lashed down or put in shed, gutters cleaned out, cars gassed up, and chainsaw fixed/ready to go in case any trees come down. Camping stove pulled out, checked grill(BBQ)for gas, freezer stocked with ice to keep things cold, and oil burner tuned and started up..for when we do have electric, to heat house if it gets cold. Bout all we can do...its gonna be what its gonna be.
How are those BL Platinums? I've seen it, but still have yet to have one.

I've got about 30 gallons of gas on hand for the generator, cars are full, the DRZ is full. Got another 2 gallons of premix for the chain saw ready.
I'm right outside of Sea Isle. We've had .55" of rain so far today. Winds are definitely picking up more, have had some gusts up to 30mph.

06wrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #42
Schickmeister
Youngin'

Oddometer: 2,672
I'm drunk on whiskey. Yay storm.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #43
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06wrx View Post
How are those BL Platinums? I've seen it, but still have yet to have one.
Pretty dang good. My new favorite beer for now. I am usually a Heineken/Beck's guy. Bat at a recent company BBQ, I had one and thought it was pretty good for a domestic beer. I'd say try it. Six pack is only $7.

I also asked them if they has a small bottle of Maker's Mark at store, but they did not have the really small flight size bottles. I wanna try getting into bourbon, but not spend the money on a whole bottle if I do not like it.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #44
Schickmeister
Youngin'

Oddometer: 2,672
Quote:
Pretty dang good. My new favorite beer for now. I am usually a Heineken/Beck's guy. Bat at a recent company BBQ, I had one and thought it was pretty good for a domestic beer. I'd say try it. Six pack is only $7.

I also asked them if they has a small bottle of Maker's Mark at store, but they did not have the really small flight size bottles. I wanna try getting into bourbon, but not spend the money on a whole bottle if I do not like it.
Whats not to like?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #45
salsashark
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:

$7 for a sixer of bud?! Damn... that hurts! AB InBev is going to destroy that company.

Picked up Guinness for $7.50/6 this morning. My Sandy prep is done.
salsashark is offline   Reply With Quote