ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Amendment 64: The Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act of 2012
Yes 102 73.91%
No 36 26.09%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #211
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer_C View Post
Living here in Utard, where the majority of folks seem to hate government intrusion and paying taxes, I've found that most of them want big government in their face constantly. They want the government regulating marriage (just leave the polygamists alone), they want the government involved in women's health issues, they want the government incarcerating pot smokers, they want the government controlling the liquor industry. Hell, not too long ago they wanted big government to protect them from cable television.

Newsflash: All of this in your face government costs you plenty, so quit whining about big government if you support these intrusions.
Yes, Utah Mormons are some of the biggest hypocrites around as evidenced by the one that is running for president.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #212
MeterPig
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
I was asking serious questions. Wasn't trying to talk about fear or boogey men.
Just wondering if the amendment as written would literally regulate pot just like alcohol.
As in can you walk into a weed store and buy as much as you want. Can you light up anywhere beer is allowed (other than inside restaurants). Also was wondering if deceriminilization is the goal for so many, then why not just decriminalize it?
Do you know the answers to any of these? I'd kind of like to know what things would be like if this were to pass. I feel a lot of were mislead about the MMJ bill when it passed a few years ago. Life after that bill was different than what was advertised during the campaign season.
Just curious what others think things would actually be like if this passes.
Can you take oxy in quantity in the men's bathroom to feel the rush? Probably. Smoke it, probably not. There is more than one way to consume cannabis. Smoking being the most offensive to others.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:19 AM   #213
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeterPig View Post
Yes, Utah Mormons are some of the biggest hypocrites around as evidenced by the one that is running for president.
Very classy way to make your point in this discussion
TNC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:05 PM   #214
MeterPig
Meh

http://seattletimes.com/html/opinion...odopedxml.html

Another state, another endorsement towards moving away from prohibition.

MeterPig screwed with this post 10-31-2012 at 02:12 PM
MeterPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:50 PM   #215
Myfuture_yourdebt
Banned

Oddometer: 372
TheDude said he was going to vote two days ago and was leaning towards voting yes on 64.

Yet he didn't even know the amendment includes a possession limit of one ounce per person at least 21 y/o, until someone on this very forum informed his sorry ass

Why is he posting in a thread about an amendment he doesn't even know the basic tenets of...? From his posts I'd say he thinks that this thread is here for the explicit purpose of informing him about this amendment.
Myfuture_yourdebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:06 PM   #216
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfuture_yourdebt View Post
TheDude said he was going to vote two days ago and was leaning towards voting yes on 64.

Yet he didn't even know the amendment includes a possession limit of one ounce per person at least 21 y/o, until someone on this very forum informed his sorry ass

Why is he posting in a thread about an amendment he doesn't even know the basic tenets of...? From his posts I'd say he thinks that this thread is here for the explicit purpose of informing him about this amendment.

You undeer estimate me grasshopper.

I read the entire amendment before I voted, Because I actually readt this) and I knew the answers to each question I asked in post #208. I wasn't asking for myself, I was just asking. I was curious how many people here knew the answers. They are easy enough to find. The answer to how much you can buy at any one time is "one ounce". The answer to how much you can posses or transport is one ounce. The answer to smoking at a Rockies game is " (d) CONSUMPTION OF MARIJUANA, PROVIDED THAT NOTHING IN THIS SECTION SHALL PERMIT CONSUMPTION THAT IS CONDUCTED OPENLY AND PUBLICLY OR IN A MANNER THAT ENDANGERS OTHERS.". So, no you can't smoke a fatty at a Rockies game. Not one person got that one right.

My point was to point out how little those who are voting in favor of this ammendment actually know about it. The info is easy enough to find, yet only one person pointed out the one ounce provision, no one pointed out the "openly and publicly" clause and you MyStalker_youbet once again pointed nothing out at all.

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:08 PM   #217
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Another question: If someone 21 years old can posses one ounce, can someone 42 posses two ounces??

2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
Old 10-31-2012, 04:20 PM   #218
Myfuture_yourdebt
Banned

No one even said "yes, you would be able to smoke a joint at a Rockies game". One person joked that they'd want to, that's it. No one openly referenced the public consumption restriction, so what? Most people have the common sense to know that public consumption would be illegal, they don't need to go looking for that info. You do, though, don't you.

But don't let me get in the way of your public education efforts. I'm sure we all appreciate it without even knowing.

Have you pointed out even one person who said they'd voted Yes yet admitted or demonstrated that they know nothing about 64?

No you haven't. In all your "educational posts", you've managed not to do that at all, yet you claim you have, no surprise! At least I've pointed out your uselessness.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #219
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfuture_yourdebt View Post
No one even said "yes, you would be able to smoke a joint at a Rockies game". One person joked that they'd want to, that's it. No one openly referenced the public consumption restriction, so what? Most people have the common sense to know that public consumption would be illegal, they don't need to go looking for that info. You do, though, don't you.

But don't let me get in the way of your public education efforts. I'm sure we all appreciate it without even knowing.
No one said public consumption is prohibited. Which was the correct answer and easy to find.
This amendment will probably pass (which is fine by me), but it's interesting to see how many people who voted didn't take the time to read it.

2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
Old 10-31-2012, 04:33 PM   #220
Myfuture_yourdebt
Banned

Quote:
No one said public consumption is prohibited. Which was the correct answer and easy to find.
This amendment will probably pass (which is fine by me), but it's interesting to see how many people who voted didn't take the time to read it.
Where are these people?
Old 10-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #221
Myfuture_yourdebt
Banned

http://www.governing.com/blogs/polit...al-states.html
Old 10-31-2012, 07:10 PM   #222
Elmer_C
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
I got to this thread late, but it seems there is only one person here that selectively deleted almost all of his posts---and by his own admission. Worse yet, he deleted them after the moderator refused to move the thread. That says a lot. Having spent four years on the debate team in college I can say that Dude, you are not abiding.
Elmer_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:34 PM   #223
1Gopokes1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
legal mary jane

The "war on drugs" has been a utter failure

A certain % of the population likes to alter their reality through various means, alcohol, excessive exercise, food, pot.religion, , cocaine. making one illeagl while another is legal is insane. It is like saying some relegions are good and some are bad and banned, ( jews are Ok baptist are evil and illegal)

There will always be some chemist combining a new combination of elements to give people a buzz. faster than laws can be made to outlaw those compounds. If the newest rage is mainlining windex will windex be outawed??

All that $$ is going to cartels and organized crimes, could be going to tax dollars

Cops are lazy it is easier to arrest drug addicts than, gun runners, rapist, white collar criminals, bank robbers etc.
The system creats a permant under class, or repeat offenders. local users/ get out of jail, in this economy they can't get jobs. What do they do, deal drugs, If you deal drugs ( you aren't protected by the law, so they are armed) they get arrested and now it is a federal cae ( felon with a gun) now they do fedral time ( taxpayers pay for all this)

Could you image if everyone who had a burbon, beer, glass of wine. Could be arrested, loose their home, kids, jobs

A ot of pepople use various subsatnces at various times in their lives if they happened to get caught should it ruin their entire life ( El presidenta admits using pot and Cocaine in his book. if he had gotten busted what would be be shoe shine boy???)

this will be like state gambling in the 80's when one state does the rest will see the tax $$$$ and join the flow

If you don't like it don't do it??????????????
1Gopokes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:34 PM   #224
wzd1a
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,297
The war on drugs strikes at everyones's liberties once again:

Excerpt:

CNET has learned that U.S. District Judge William Griesbach ruled that it was reasonable for Drug Enforcement Administration agents to enter rural property without permission -- and without a warrant -- to install multiple "covert digital surveillance cameras" in hopes of uncovering evidence that 30 to 40 marijuana plants were being grown.

Link; http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57...lance-cameras/

Comment: Getting a judge to sign a warrent is a fairly low barrier to LEO's as it is. I can't imagine that this would pass the supremes, but you can never tell.
wzd1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:26 PM   #225
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer_C View Post
I got to this thread late, but it seems there is only one person here that selectively deleted almost all of his posts---and by his own admission. Worse yet, he deleted them after the moderator refused to move the thread. That says a lot. Having spent four years on the debate team in college I can say that Dude, you are not abiding.
I deleted them because Prairie asked me to. Actually she asked a couple of us to. But I'm the only one who respected her request. But almost every post of mine was quoted by my stalker, so they're all still available for your perusal.
I certainly didn't delete them because I no longer stood behind them. I deleted them because Prairie (rightfully) felt they were derailing the thread.

So then I tried to help bring the thread back on topic but was called 'douchy' for doing that
The nerve of me asking specific questions about particular provisions of amendment 64 in an ammendment 64 thread
Then I had the audacity to provide a link to the actual amendment. How very douchy.

I should have just made outlandish claims like "Electronic voting machines are rigged, and the (fill in the industry of your choice) industry will lose millions, no BILLIONS of dollars if this is passed.

Don't challenge the people to think, just tell their paranoid minds the things they want to hear.

2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA