ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Amendment 64: The Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act of 2012
Yes 102 73.91%
No 36 26.09%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #391
ironbrewer
Hopefully Riding

Oddometer: 4,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmex View Post
Wow this needs to go to the basement.
Its a Colorado issue

Pat Paulsen
ironbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #392
ROAD DAMAGE
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBob View Post
You'd think that our success at eliminating objectionable behavior would have discouraged supporters of 64.
After all, look at how we've eliminated prostitution after thousands of years of effort. Oh, wait, never mind.
And the success of prohibition. Okay, bad example.
And cigarette smoking. Oh dear.
How about food choices and obesity? Uh oh.
Surely perverse practices like masturbation have been eliminated by hundred of years of censure. I can weigh in on this one - not. How obvious does a thing need to be? Honest information about responsible use and benefiting the common good through taxation is the only sensible approach.

Masturbation? Really? Isn't anything sacred anymore?

Okay inmates, let's just say right here and now ............. masturbation debates are just going to have to be "off limits".

Weed, alcohol, pills, really who cares?

But jerkin' off? Remember .............. "off limits" topic.

Perverse practices? Who says? That comment is a cry for some psychological help.

I've been jackin' off in the shower for so long ........... I get a "hard on" everytime it starts raining!

Come to think of it ................... I've been smokin weed and drinking beer for about that long too.

Go ahead, call me apathetic .................. I just don't care.

Just my $00.02 worth. (actually I just wanted to post in what has been a terribly entertaining thread for me these last few weeks!)

But you got to admit, it's gonna be interesting watching what happens here in CO with the passing of this. I like to think of it as a "front row seat" to get to watch history being made.

Rob

(of course just kidding Mr. Bob)
Old 11-08-2012, 08:07 PM   #393
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrulz View Post
Maybe people shouldnt drive while they are high.

Would you feel different if your family members were killed by a drunk driver, whats the difference?
Sure, I would "feel" angry. At the same time, I know the roads are a public forum and thus we are subject to individual choices. Anyone who would describe a murderous act before something like that has happened....has issues.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #394
rob feature
Domain Ranger

Oddometer: 4,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAD DAMAGE View Post

I've been jackin' off in the shower for so long ........... I get a "hard on" everytime it starts raining!

rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #395
Myfuture_yourdebt
Banned

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtrulz View Post
Will weed be any different?
Why would you kid yourself into pretending like everything that's happened with legal alcohol in our society is exactly how things would play out with legal marijuana? They may both be fruit, so to speak, but they are apples and oranges and their being harvested at different times, no pun intended. Why would you expect the situations to even resemble each other?

Just ask any LEO about their experiences with the differences between alcohol and marijuana. Night and day.

It's funny, you said "alcohol is now legal, now alcoholism is a problem in this country". Now? Really!? Like alcoholism just appeared overnight after prohibition ended? Seriously man!? Alcoholism is as old as prostitution. How many folk tales have you heard about the village stoner?
Myfuture_yourdebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:31 AM   #396
TooFast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 645
Quote: Just ask any LEO about their experiences with the differences between alcohol and marijuana. Night and day.

I found it interesting to see several LEOs on TV campaigning for the passage of A64....some of the reasons given were :

* In 20+ years of law enforcement I have never seen a problem from marijuana worthy of......

* Legaliazation would free us up to persue more important issues

* It would alleviate overcrowding in our jails

* It would reduce the workload in our court system

* etc
TooFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #397
MeterPig
Meh

Yes, you are correct in that the state works extra hard yearly to ruin the lives of those that are distinguished by none other than a breath test that has average accuracy.

The state of Washington has run out of true DUI cases and is now trying those under .08

It's common for cops and the government establishment in general to repeat ".08 is deadly". I tell people at the bar I am with that they are now "legally" drunk...and they don't believe me. Don't worry, the states will see this as another huge money maker -court costs and fees for "DUI".

You feel secure in the .08, that great. I know the truth and others are learning it as well. The state has a strong interest in chaining the people. It will change someday despite the misinformation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
MP, I'm somewhat sorry to be so blunt in my response on your driving and alcohol assessment, but that's just stupid. While it is arguably possible for some to drive within some form of relative vehicle control with an .08, many more can't. I don't know what your standard is for the ability to perform behind the wheel, but it seems to be hard enough for a good portion of the driving public to successfully get to and from work each day without having a wreck when they're totally sober. Good luck on getting a drink or two or three into them and seeing how that works out. And I'm not saying that with any attachment to the marijuana issue in this thread. People don't need to be driving at .08 alcohol level.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:19 AM   #398
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeterPig View Post
Yes, you are correct in that the state works extra hard yearly to ruin the lives of those that are distinguished by none other than a breath test that has average accuracy.

The state of Washington has run out of true DUI cases and is now trying those under .08

It's common for cops and the government establishment in general to repeat ".08 is deadly". I tell people at the bar I am with that they are now "legally" drunk...and they don't believe me. Don't worry, the states will see this as another huge money maker -court costs and fees for "DUI".

You feel secure in the .08, that great. I know the truth and others are learning it as well. The state has a strong interest in chaining the people. It will change someday despite the misinformation.
Yeahbut..... Being the small Asian woman that you are, we know you can't hold your alcohol.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #399
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeterPig View Post

"The state has a strong interest in chaining the people"???....damn, MP, have you been reading from Joe Biden's playbook again?

Go out to the scene of a fatality traffic accident a few times in the wee hours of the morning to find an .08 or .10 driver who's pulled out in front of another car and killed someone. I had a truck driver with a .09 pull out from a truck stop in front of a family in a van on a highway one night. The driver of the van, a man, was decapitated, and everyone else in the van was killed. I'm not making this shit up. And it's not the only example of your "borderline" scenario, but it was about the most grisly...except maybe the one where an elderly couple burned alive in their pickup pulling a travel trailer when they were hit from behind by a semi driven by a barely intoxicated operator...a .11. Or to keep it closer to home for us as motorcyclists, how about the one where the business owner had a couple of drinks at the bar after work. On the way home, he pulled out in front of a motorcycle. He didn't even stop and fled the scene. The impact nearly severed the motorcyclist's leg, and he bled out in a ditch because no one saw the rider or his bike off the side of the road for some time. It took us nearly a year to make a case on this guy but thankfully we did. Can some of these types of accidents occur with totally sober people at times?...of course. And that's part of the reason that even slight intoxication doesn't help in the attention needed to operate a vehicle.

MP, sounds to me like you're on some personal crusade on the issue of intoxicated drivers. You're way off base, dude.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #400
TinkerinWstuff
Take it apart

Oddometer: 1,286
next he'll tell you we should/shouldn't have 15 aircraft carriers cuz he's an expert in global warfare too.

Just goes to show you can say the sky is blue and some folks will find a reason to argue with you.
TinkerinWstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #401
MeterPig
Meh

Let's play stories:

I had a driver cruise right into the Queen Ann Tunnel in New York. He was stone sober.

I had a driver who flipped a truck over on a highway in Arizona. He was stone sober.

One of our drivers plowed into the back of a minivan killing everyone. He was stone sober. Not tired.

Had a lady turn left in front of me -she was stone sober.

Your story that a "drunk" driver fled the scene is quite telling given that every .08 out there is a just an accident waiting to happen. Which is it?

Causality and reality not the same. It's easy to point to a bogeyman because it makes jobs a whole lot easier. People die on the road everyday. Throwing an arbitrary MADD number at it doesn't change the fact that people just make mistakes. But, when someone is .08, people feel better or feel like there is something evil they can look to.

I am on no crusade. I am very religious about drinking and driving-I just don't do it anymore at all despite the dirt little secret that a lot of people do it -unknowingly...but I am sure you and others will throw out some personal attack - I don't care. It's a common tactic-I get that of those who wish to chain people up for minor infractions. Sorry it offends you that I am defending perfectly good people ensnared by a system that is devoid of constitutional checks and balances. Did you read that link?

The whole 5 nano-gram issue shows how much the state is salivating to get at what is sure to be a treasure trove of dollars flowing in for DUI cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
"The state has a strong interest in chaining the people"???....damn, MP, have you been reading from Joe Biden's playbook again?

Go out to the scene of a fatality traffic accident a few times in the wee hours of the morning to find an .08 or .10 driver who's pulled out in front of another car and killed someone. I had a truck driver with a .09 pull out from a truck stop in front of a family in a van on a highway one night. The driver of the van, a man, was decapitated, and everyone else in the van was killed. I'm not making this shit up. And it's not the only example of your "borderline" scenario, but it was about the most grisly...except maybe the one where an elderly couple burned alive in their pickup pulling a travel trailer when they were hit from behind by a semi driven by a barely intoxicated operator...a .11. Or to keep it closer to home for us as motorcyclists, how about the one where the business owner had a couple of drinks at the bar after work. On the way home, he pulled out in front of a motorcycle. He didn't even stop and fled the scene. The impact nearly severed the motorcyclist's leg, and he bled out in a ditch because no one saw the rider or his bike off the side of the road for some time. It took us nearly a year to make a case on this guy but thankfully we did. Can some of these types of accidents occur with totally sober people at times?...of course. And that's part of the reason that even slight intoxication doesn't help in the attention needed to operate a vehicle.

MP, sounds to me like you're on some personal crusade on the issue of intoxicated drivers. You're way off base, dude.

MeterPig screwed with this post 11-09-2012 at 04:09 PM
MeterPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #402
MeterPig
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
next he'll tell you we should/shouldn't have 15 aircraft carriers cuz he's an expert in global warfare too.

Just goes to show you can say the sky is blue and some folks will find a reason to argue with you.
As I said before, do you think it a stronger response to talk about someone third party?

MeterPig screwed with this post 11-09-2012 at 04:06 PM
MeterPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #403
UncleDirt
Uncivil to idiots.

Oddometer: 11,273
The Pig has a point.

.08 or .10 does not automatically mean that booze was the cause of an accident. But because alcohol is found in the bloodstream, it is automatically assumed to be the culprit.

When in fact, that same person might have been changing the radio station even if they had been stone cold sober.

That said, alcohol, is not pot, and vice versa.
I think that there are fewer pot related crashes, and I don't see a reefer madness rush to suddenly begin toking, when folks never did before. So I don't see a big spike of new users, and as such, I don't see the big evil boogeyman of increased accidents.

OTOH, I do not support anybody driving at .08 bac.
But I don't consider the one time offender, to be the devil incarnate.

BTW, is incivility and insult a prerequisite to discuss any thing political.
UncleDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #404
TacocaT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
I see a spike in users coming. I think it will come from adults who smoked during high school and/or college never had any problems as the got older they got away from the network of criminals and risks involved in a black market. But they would like to smoke occasionally possibly while having a nice mountain vacation.

My main concern heading into winter is how much slower tourist are going to be skiing if this is allowed to continue.

TacocaT screwed with this post 11-09-2012 at 09:15 PM
TacocaT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #405
woodsrider-boyd
Wow, these guys are fast

Oddometer: 324
It's really interesting that there are no threads on this in the PacNW forum here, nor on a couple of other PacNW moto sites that I frequent.

Crickets is all we got on this topic.

We do have some self appointed forum Nazis on the PacNW forum of ADV that piss and moan about land use issues being posted in the NW forum, for some reason that cannot understand that motorcyclists are interested in discussing those topics there.

I wonder if people are reluctant to mention it there for fear of the forum Nazis rage. I doubt it though.

Anyway...very interesting discussion going on over here.

'06 Husqvarna WR125
woodsrider-boyd is offline   Reply With Quote