ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Amendment 64: The Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act of 2012
Yes 102 73.91%
No 36 26.09%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #496
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10
 
TheDudeAbides's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Loveland, Colo
Oddometer: 7,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro-ince View Post
Holey fuck! Ben I just read the last ten pages of this thread and I'm blown away by your lack of understanding AND with your unwillingness to STFU! Thats a bad combo dude. Throw racist on top of that and presto, you're a douchebag!!

So you're telling me that my MMJ card holding son is lying when he describes how the prices ended up getting structured up here in Loveland? You're saying that the 2 guys I know who owned grow operations and multiple MMJ stores and plan to again (while continuing to sell black market) are lying? Do you call people liars to their faces, or just when you're tough guy keyboard cowboying?

And racist?? He could have said a Harvard Think Tank and I still would have said
It was a commentary on the concept of so called think tanks, not the ethnicity of those who comprise them.


You guys go ahead and believe that now that we have it legalized (which is something Ihave no problem with), crime will go away, black markets wil go away, (hell there;s blakc markets for cigarettes in the U.S.), cartels will go away, roads will be safer, children will be happier, women will be more beautiful and the weather will even improve! Believe whatever in the hell you want. All I'm stating is exactly what happened in one little micro economy of one town, and the black market never went away, and the 2 partakers closest to me say they have no intention or desire to buy from anyone other than their current "guy".

Don't like it, stop effing reading it.
__________________
Best dualsport mirrors I've ever owned

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #497
Myfuture_yourdebt
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Front Range, CO
Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac1 View Post
Take a look at his post count. It was like 10 before this thread was created.
Last I checked my name wasn't Ben
Myfuture_yourdebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #498
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10
 
TheDudeAbides's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Loveland, Colo
Oddometer: 7,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfuture_yourdebt View Post
Last I checked my name wasn't Ben

__________________
Best dualsport mirrors I've ever owned

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #499
Myfuture_yourdebt
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Front Range, CO
Oddometer: 372
It is funny that dmac chimes in only to boast that he can't follow the discussion...with a smiley of course!
Myfuture_yourdebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #500
Myfuture_yourdebt
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Front Range, CO
Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
So you're telling me that my MMJ card holding son is lying when he describes how the prices ended up getting structured up here in Loveland? You're saying that the 2 guys I know who owned grow operations and multiple MMJ stores and plan to again (while continuing to sell black market) are lying? Do you call people liars to their faces, or just when you're tough guy keyboard cowboying?

And racist?? He could have said a Harvard Think Tank and I still would have said
It was a commentary on the concept of so called think tanks, not the ethnicity of those who comprise them.


You guys go ahead and believe that now that we have it legalized (which is something Ihave no problem with), crime will go away, black markets wil go away, (hell there;s blakc markets for cigarettes in the U.S.), cartels will go away, roads will be safer, children will be happier, women will be more beautiful and the weather will even improve! Believe whatever in the hell you want. All I'm stating is exactly what happened in one little micro economy of one town, and the black market never went away, and the 2 partakers closest to me say they have no intention or desire to buy from anyone other than their current "guy".

Don't like it, stop effing reading it.
First off, you didn't post "think tank "
You posted "mexican think tank "
If it wasn't intended to be a racist or nationalist comment but rather a commentary about think-tanks, why did you include the Mexican part? If your intention was to comment on think tanks, what does the fact matter that the one I posted about happens to be from Mexico? It shouldn't if you're commentary was just poking fun at think-tanks in general. It's obvious to anyone you were just making fun of the idea of a Mexican think-tank and were being borderline racist...and now you're just backtracking. It's alright, I agree, the idea of a "Mexican think-tank" is somewhat comical, but not for racist reasons, but because of nationalist ones (obviously Mexico is a cluster$%#@). I don't have a problem admitting that and am not dodging the truth like yourself.

Second, I don't think anyone's said that legalization will completely eliminate any black market for anything including marijuana. As I've already stated before and as others have echoed, a different black market has already formed under MMJ and the same will likely be true under legalization...People are still going to operate outside the limits of the laws regardless of what those laws are at any point in time. That is obvious to everyone so you're not exactly making any revelations when you declare that the black market will always be around in some form. All that crap you implied about pro-legalization people saying women will be more beautiful with legalization and whatnot is all just low signal-to-noise ratio BS...no one's even said that sort of ridiculous shit except you. You're just trying to make it sound like pro-legalize'ers have promised the world when none of us have come even close to it...we're being much more realistic than you give us credit for. The general ideas tossed around in these last few pages has been whether or not MMJ has taken up most if not all the black market's share of marijuana sales...and if so, if legalization will continue that trend. The answer some including myself have given is "yes and yes". This is supported based on everything myself and at least one other person in this thread have seen as people who are fairly immersed in the scene. You disagree based on your own anecdotal evidence mostly regarding your sons' supposed experiences. OK. But...

The big question is still there...where is your sons' pot really coming from? Yes we know, some "guy"...but where is that guy getting it from? I'm sure you'll respond its from some old school black market source not associated at all with MMJ...and that's because you happened to discuss that with your sons as well. But of course for some reason you didn't mention that until this point...despite it being relevant since you first mentioned your sons [Let's be honest, it's because you're having to fabricate something in every post to support your argument when reality doesn't do that for you...hence why we keep getting 'a little more' with every post you make mentioning your sons. In one of your latest posts you claim you have family friends in the black market, but again, you're just now mentioning this despite it's relevance the whole time. Your marijuana experience just keeps growing and growing with every post, how convenient! ] The big point I have been making here is that it's highly unlikely that your sons' suppliers are connected to the cartel (unless they buy ditchweed, also highly unlikely given what's readily available otherwise for reasonable prices). 10 years ago, their suppliers may have been traced back to cartels but now with MMJ flooding the black market, the cartel and other traditional black market dealers are pretty much out of the marijuana market where MMJ is available through legal or illegal means of distribution. I believe this same trend will only continue after legalization through legal and illegal means of distribution...why wouldn't it? In all reality, regardless of how it ends up in their hands, your sons are probably smoking buds grown for MMJ.

Another big point missed here thus far is that...
After legalization there will likely be many, many first time partakers. People are naturally curious and there will be nothing to hold them back. In fact, there may be a point when the majority of marijuana sales are to people who have NOT regularly used for years if ever and who definitely do NOT have any black market contacts now or after legalization takes effect (think little 'ole lady). Once they take an interest and decide they want to buy...do you think these people are going to seek out black market sources just because they may be cheaper than legitimate commercial sources? DEFINITELY NOT. My uncle, who hasn't smoked in 20 years but will start smoking again occasionally now under legalization (or so he tells me), is definitely NOT going to be looking for "drug dealers" if he can easily walk into a legitimate business and buy a legitimate product that is of better value in every way, still relatively cheap, and not much more expensive than whatever black markets sources are still available.
Myfuture_yourdebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #501
HellSickle
Scone Rider
 
HellSickle's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Fort Collins
Oddometer: 9,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
Come on up and drink a few cold ones. I got nothing to hide.
What about the bodies buried behind the garage? Or the bank account in the Cayman Islands? NTTAWWT

I have a new secret, but that's going to be another thread.....
__________________
We don't stop riding because we get old, we get old because we stop riding.
"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it"

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #502
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10
 
TheDudeAbides's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Loveland, Colo
Oddometer: 7,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
I have a new secret, but that's going to be another thread.....

So that's why it's snowing

New bike? Paula is preggers? A new job?
Two new bikes? One of those Can Am Spyder things? A Goldwing? Paula is preggers (did I guess that one already?) You're opening a weed store at the base of Donner? A Mazda Miata?
__________________
Best dualsport mirrors I've ever owned

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #503
HellSickle
Scone Rider
 
HellSickle's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Fort Collins
Oddometer: 9,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro-ince View Post
Holey fuck! Ben I just read the last ten pages of this thread and I'm blown away by your lack of understanding AND with your unwillingness to STFU! Thats a bad combo dude. Throw racist on top of that and presto, you're a douchebag!!
That was pointed out on the voting thread.

Dude, I hope you understand this is largely trash talk and entertaining debate. I would have been to your party this fall but I was off riding.
__________________
We don't stop riding because we get old, we get old because we stop riding.
"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it"

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:42 PM   #504
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10
 
TheDudeAbides's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Loveland, Colo
Oddometer: 7,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
That was pointed out on the voting thread.

Dude, I hope you understand this is largely trash talk and entertaining debate. I would have been to your party this fall but I was off riding.

Your better half came, and she brought the dogs with her! Hardly anyone noticed that you weren't there.
__________________
Best dualsport mirrors I've ever owned

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #505
singletrackslayer
Legalize singletrack
 
singletrackslayer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Morningwood, CO
Oddometer: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
So that's why it's snowing

New bike? Paula is preggers? A new job?
Two new bikes? One of those Can Am Spyder things? A Goldwing? Paula is preggers (did I guess that one already?) You're opening a weed store at the base of Donner? A Mazda Miata?
Snowing????
__________________
This is Motorado . . .
singletrackslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #506
HellSickle
Scone Rider
 
HellSickle's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Fort Collins
Oddometer: 9,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post

New bike? Paula is preggers? A new job?
Two new bikes? One of those Can Am Spyder things? A Goldwing? Paula is preggers (did I guess that one already?) You're opening a weed store at the base of Donner? A Mazda Miata?
Yes
__________________
We don't stop riding because we get old, we get old because we stop riding.
"Wisdom is knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it, and Virtue is doing it"

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #507
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10
 
TheDudeAbides's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Loveland, Colo
Oddometer: 7,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
Yes
A pregnant 3 wheeled Miata on weed.

All our prayers are answered.
__________________
Best dualsport mirrors I've ever owned

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #508
whitewater18
funhog
 
whitewater18's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Steamboat Springs, CO
Oddometer: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
A pregnant 3 wheeled sports car on weed.

All our prayers are answered.
Fixed your post....

Your reference to "Miata" is purely car racist.... racer..... racing.... (I get confused ) by singling out Mazda. You should be more sensitive of this car company's feelings since they are not as numerous as some of the others.
__________________
KTM 990A
whitewater18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #509
eakins
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
Drug cartels hijack pharmaceutical shipments all the time and then sell the drug below cost all the time.
They can't competer with the pharma industry in terms of research and development, but they sure as hell compete when it comes to distribution.
Ben, you are a drug rep for a pharma so you are a "legal" drug dealer. As I understand it, legal marijuana is a huge threat to the drug companies cash machine as people figure out marijuana works better for them than the artificial stuff. At least admit where your interests lie.
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #510
eakins
Butler Maps
 
eakins's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Oddometer: 17,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
I'm not following you. Smoking, booze and motorcycles aren't illegal at the federal level. Marijuana is.
It's a Schedule I controlled substance like heroin and worse than morphine which is sched II
Follow the rabbit hole of corporate lobbyist for the drug companies (ie the powerful & controlling families of the world). They could not patent marijuana thus no monopoly thus let's outlaw it. And the cotton growers, the hemp fiber is superior to cotton but that is a huge threat so suppress it.

Marijuana is truly worse than morphine and equal to heroin?
Sure after alot of back door buttons have been pushed and payoffs paid.
__________________
Butler Maps - motorcycle maps for riders by riders -
Alaska
AZ map COBDR AZBDR IDBDR South East map
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014