ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Amendment 64: The Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act of 2012
Yes 102 73.91%
No 36 26.09%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #586
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 16,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo83 View Post
The way this works is cops will carry around a tray of "munchies" and present it to any drivers they suspect are high. If the driver begins to salivate then they are, in fact, high.
If they salivate, that's proof positive they are NOT high!
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #587
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo83 View Post
The way this works is cops will carry around a tray of "munchies" and present it to any drivers they suspect are high. If the driver begins to salivate then they are, in fact, high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unaweep View Post
If they salivate, that's proof positive they are NOT high!

Yeah, could go either way.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #588
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post

Yeah, could go either way.
I guess that test is might be inconclusive... but still entertaining or the cop.

Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #589
bobfab
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeterPig View Post
Alcohol is perfectly legal and we fired/fire drivers all the time for failing the tests.
There is enough ambiguity with pot being federally illegal that you can discriminate employment based upon that alone. As an employer you have the right to drug test your employees and hire/fire accordingly.

But this is what i think is hairy: I personally believe that if you possess a MMJ prescription that you should not be able to be discriminated against similar to a prescription of Valium or an antidepressant would be unjust grounds for termination of employment. However if you were administered a drug test and failed, many employers would terminate you, prescription or not.

Unrelated to legality; I was speaking to someone this weekend and they told me that many growers and stores expect to see a boom a new customers of the older middle age variety. People who would have partaken but the legality previously scared them away. Do you think we will see a boom in smokers age 30-65? I had never thought about it, but i could see it happening.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #590
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 16,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfab View Post
Unrelated to legality; I was speaking to someone this weekend and they told me that many growers and stores expect to see a boom a new customers of the older middle age variety. People who would have partaken but the legality previously scared them away. Do you think we will see a boom in smokers age 30-65? I had never thought about it, but i could see it happening.

I don't know. What's the consensus group? You guys think a bunch of old fuckers- 30 to 65- are likely to start shopping at the pot shop?
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #591
Tramontana

Oddometer: 2,033
Rocket science...

...clipped from the headlines.

CU Boulder students arrested for taking pot brownies to ‘bring food day’ event

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/09/cu...#ixzz2EfqxMcsO

Felony charges pending.

Memberships: AMA 222838, COHVCO #4409, Blue Ribbon Coalition, Rollins Pass Restoration Association, Tread Lightly!

KD0DHK - Amateur Radio FCC Technician Class

Tread Lightly! Master Tread Trainer.
Tramontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #592
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,750
Quote:
But this is what i think is hairy: I personally believe that if you possess a MMJ prescription that you should not be able to be discriminated against similar to a prescription of Valium or an antidepressant would be unjust grounds for termination of employment. However if you were administered a drug test and failed, many employers would terminate you, prescription or not.
My $.02: Hooters only hires chicks with big boobs. American Airlines can fire a flight attendant for not being height/weight proportional. To work for UPS you must be able to lift 80lbs. Employers are allowed to set requirements as long as they don't include race, religion, gayness and a couple other things, none of which is includes the content of your piss. After all, would you hire a crane operator that had barbiturates in his piss, even if he had a prescription for it?

Quote:
Do you think we will see a boom in smokers age 30-65?
I think we will. I certainly have a few friends who are looking to get high legally, but I don't see this age group suddenly buying copious amounts of weed. Most of these guys would get in trouble with their wives if they were caught with it, so I only see them buying some once or twice a year for the "guys-only" camping trip.
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #593
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,047
I am curious to see whether more folks will be lighting up at Colorado and Washington adv rallies more openly this summer.

It's not like their are federal cops rolling around campgrounds. Now is the rally was on federal land (not since FMF), there would be federal cops. I wonder is FMF really shut down due to weed crackdown!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #594
RLK

Oddometer: 6,260
I'm a little suprised there isn't something coming together specificly on state land, flash mob style. Too cold in mid April...

-Juanito on the Yahoo!
RLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #595
MrBob
Jambo!

Oddometer: 7,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by unaweep View Post

I don't know. What's the consensus group? You guys think a bunch of old fuckers- 30 to 65- are likely to start shopping at the pot shop?

63 year old fucker here. I don't know if I'll actually toke up but I like removing the prospect of arrest for doing so.
I've paid huge fines and done jail time for possession. Can I get a refund on those fines? And how about that month I spent in a cell; can I have that time back?
Old 12-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #596
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Enduro-ince, make sure you mount GoPros all over your car to record your next legal pull over. Above all, don't FREAK OUT MAN!

BTW, how do you like Mexico?

Old 12-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #597
HellSickle
Scone Rider

As of today, possession is now legal under state law.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #598
wzd1a
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,248
wzd1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #599
GrizGirl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,290
I wonder if some of the people that got sick have an allergy? I have a severe allergy to pot - I think if I were unknowingly given any quantity of it, such as in a brownie, I would end up in the hospital with a reaction similar to the bee sting allergy some people suffer from. I tried smoking it once and was very ill - years later I tried it in some hot chocolate and my throat started to close up from just a sip - I actually had to find an emergency asthma inhaler to use.

Anyhow, for those of you that use it, please ensure that you ask before just lighting up in a group of people. I'll position myself so I don't get any of the second hand smoke or just walk away for a few minutes to ensure I don't inhale any. And PLEASE, don't unknowingly feed people cookies or any other food item that has pot in it.... You don't know how someone will react and it needs to be their choice if they partake. You also don't want to make someone like me really sick.

I think it's a good thing to make it legal but I also think people who use it need to ensure they aren't sharing it with others who choose not to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramontana View Post
...clipped from the headlines.

CU Boulder students arrested for taking pot brownies to ‘bring food day’ event

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/09/cu...#ixzz2EfqxMcsO

Felony charges pending.
GrizGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #600
MrBob
Jambo!

Oddometer: 7,155
Hickenlooper signs proclamation making marijuana legalization official