ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Amendment 64: The Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act of 2012
Yes 102 73.91%
No 36 26.09%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #601
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBob View Post
Hickenlooper signs proclamation making marijuana legalization official
Yes, I believe that he signed the document at 2:05 today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizGirl View Post
I wonder if some of the people that got sick have an allergy? I have a severe allergy to pot - I think if I were unknowingly given any quantity of it, such as in a brownie, I would end up in the hospital with a reaction similar to the bee sting allergy some people suffer from. I tried smoking it once and was very ill - years later I tried it in some hot chocolate and my throat started to close up from just a sip - I actually had to find an emergency asthma inhaler to use.

Anyhow, for those of you that use it, please ensure that you ask before just lighting up in a group of people. I'll position myself so I don't get any of the second hand smoke or just walk away for a few minutes to ensure I don't inhale any. And PLEASE, don't unknowingly feed people cookies or any other food item that has pot in it.... You don't know how someone will react and it needs to be their choice if they partake. You also don't want to make someone like me really sick.

I think it's a good thing to make it legal but I also think people who use it need to ensure they aren't sharing it with others who choose not to use it.
Like any drug and some foods, care needs to be taken. I know someone who was fed pot brownies many years ago against her knowledge. She spent 2 days passed out. Folks that pull those kind of stunts should be sent to prison.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #602
wzd1a
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
Folks that pull those kind of stunts should be sent to prison.

The CIA is still hiding information related to the LSD death(s) they induced in the 1950's in NYC when they were feeding folks drugs w/o their consent - just to see what would happen. More recently (last couple of years) the EPA has been guilty of this same behavior but using inhaled carcinogenic particulates and gasses on paid but uniformed guinea pigs (oops I meant people)....

Somehow no charges in those cases....
wzd1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #603
MrBob
Jambo!

Oddometer: 7,272
Quote:

Like any drug and some foods, care needs to be taken. I know someone who was fed pot brownies many years ago against her knowledge. She spent 2 days passed out. Folks that pull those kind of stunts should be sent to prison.

Received insufficient emphasis, which I corrected on this historic occasion.

I know someone who was fed pot brownies many years ago against her knowledge. She spent 2 days passed out.

A few years ago a friend gave me a tiny chunk of bud. I had three hits and passed out when I stood up. Coming to on the kitchen floor was actually kind of scary and I wouldn't care to have that experience again.
Giving drugs to someone without his or her knowledge is a despicable act.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #604
ROAD DAMAGE
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 851
Yeow!

I got "roofied" a few years ago in Mexico.

That was one scary experience. There were four of us. Three of us had drank a margarita, and we three were knocked out ......... the poor gal that decided to "break ranks" and have a daiquiri ....... had to "babysit" us for several hours. I felt like the rhino in the nature documentary that got shot in the ass with a tranquilizer dart. "Look out! He's going down!" Thank goodness that ONE of us was coherent. Might have prevented something bad from happening!!!

We had taken some pictures during that episode, and I have absolutely no recollection of the events, even while looking at the photos! Total Memory eraser. Think it was probably rhohypnol or ketamine?

When I was younger I always thought that people were probably overreacting a little about this kind of stuff. I feel differently now.

It's a criminal act.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #605
HellSickle
Scone Rider

From today's paper:

"Flexibility was absent from the tenor of U.S. Attorney for Colorado John Walsh’s reaction to the governor’s order. He said the federal Controlled Substances Act adopted by Congress supersedes the passage of Amendment 64, and warned that possessing any amount of marijuana on federal property — including national parks and forests — violates federal law.“Regardless of any changes in state law, including the changes that will go into effect on December 10th in Colorado, growing, selling or possessing any amount of marijuana remains illegal under federal law,” Walsh said in a written statement."

HellSickle screwed with this post 12-11-2012 at 07:50 AM
Old 12-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #606
ROAD DAMAGE
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 851
Different Direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaweep View Post

I don't know. What's the consensus group? You guys think a bunch of old fuckers- 30 to 65- are likely to start shopping at the pot shop?

I wanted to steer this back toward being "on topic" a little.

I got carried away with the Roofie story and took the thread in a dark direction ........... sorry.

So Unaweep, good question. I believe that the vast majority of folks in CO that want to smoke a little weed .... already do. So no, I personally don't see a BIG uptick in usage happening with that demographic. I do have a few friends that have jobs that they would lose if they were caught with it in their system. And just for the sake of their careers .... they abstain from using any MJ, eventhough they would like to ......... but again, it's not that many folks. I don't see a big pent up desire out here in CO. Am I out of touch with reality?

On a side note .... I think there will be a significant uptick in "leakage" across the state lines. When in the near future Joe Q Public can drive into CO and buy weed from a legitimate established business with no legal repercussion, or without having to deal with "an undesirable element" in a back alley (you FFs know what I'm saying here, huh? ) that state line "leakage" will turn into a negative issue with our neighboring states. As a matter of fact, I think maybe it already has. The next paragraph explains why.

A fellow that I used to work with went to TX last year to visit his dying Grandma. He got stopped on his way back home in the Dahlhart/Dumas area on a Sunday afternoon doing 4mph over the limit! They lightly searched his car "because I smell weed" and found nothing. Then they told him that they were calling in the K-9 unit, and "it would take at least an hour for them to get there". He had a piece of a bud about the size of a small marble (he said half a bowl full) in a lunch box cooler so he just "manned up" and told them that he had a Medical MJ card for CO, told them he knows it's not binding in TX, and then showed them what a miniscule amount of weed that he had, somehow thinking they would just let him go. BAD MOVE! They impounded his vehicle, took his dog to the animal shelter, and threw him in the pokey. The crazy part of this story is that his bail bondsman told him that HE HAD BAILED OUT 17 COLORADOANS JUST THE DAY BEFORE! The bail bondsman told my amigo that it has become a big revenue generator in that area just pulling over CO tags and "fishing".

So the state line stores that sell weed will probably do a booming business with cars carrying KS, NE, WY, UT, NM, OK, AZ tags! I'm curious what the neighboring state stances will be on this issue, and how they will handle enforcement. Any of you ADV LEOs willing to comment on this interesting scenario?

Rob
Old 12-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #607
bobfab
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,238
wow! didnt even think about CO-plate fishing! Thats crazy!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #608
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfab View Post
wow! didnt even think about CO-plate fishing! Thats crazy!
Yup. Wyoming has already issued warnings. Utah.... I shudder to think about it. They were doing road blocks with checks 20 years ago. I predict a huge increase in revenue, with proceeds being used to get even more drug sniffing dogs.

It pays to know your rights on searching personal property. "Probable cause" is a pretty loose definition. Just having Colorado plates is not probable cause. However, the officer can claim he smells something, even if he didn't.

Enduro-Ince doesn't allow his car to be searched. He pats down the officer and searches the police car.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #609
wzd1a
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,305
Yep - low hanging fruit (or donuts in this case) is what LEOs like.

It'd be fun to create some MJ smelling perfume/sents and discredit their admissibility based on smell and dogs...Lots of searches and no results would take that cause out of the LEO quiver.
wzd1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #610
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Beware of road blocks....

Several years ago Telluride did a sting operation during the Bluegrass festival. Coming into town, they posted signs "Drug Check point ahead". Just past the signs, they had officers with binoculars on the hill. They watched people throw their weed out of the car, then busted them. To add insult to injury, they also fined them for littering. A similar tactic has been used elsewhere.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #611
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,486
Quote:
Yup. Wyoming has already issued warnings. Utah.... I shudder to think about it. They were doing road blocks with checks 20 years ago. I predict a huge increase in revenue, with proceeds being used to get even more drug sniffing dogs.

It pays to know your rights on searching personal property. "Probable cause" is a pretty loose definition. Just having Colorado plates is not probable cause. However, the officer can claim he smells something, even if he didn't.

Enduro-Ince doesn't allow his car to be searched. He pats down the officer and searches the police car.
And then he sics the drug dog on the handler...and the dog obeys.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #612
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 17,208
Quote:
Beware of road blocks....

Several years ago Telluride did a sting operation during the Bluegrass festival. Coming into town, they posted signs "Drug Check point ahead". Just past the signs, they had officers with binoculars on the hill. They watched people throw their weed out of the car, then busted them. To add insult to injury, they also fined them for littering. A similar tactic has been used elsewhere.
They did this in Junction a couple weeks ago with cops staked out at the Rabbit Valley exit. They busted several people who stopped, got out of their cars and dropped a "package" in the median.

These drug check points are not authorized. Therefore, if you see one, at least in CO- know what's up with the process. Of course, in CO, we won't have as much to worry about at this point.
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #613
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 17,208
Everyone should watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

And, especially this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDJrQBwJpqk

unaweep screwed with this post 12-11-2012 at 10:39 AM
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #614
UncleDirt
Uncivil to idiots.

Oddometer: 11,273
Wait.................

What?
UncleDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #615
bobfab
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,238
The concept of checkpoints reminds me of going to Bonnaroo music festival nearly 10 years ago. I was the lucky white knuckle exit driver that had to drive our party through the DUI checkpoints. Of the 5 cars we had in our caravan, mine was the only one not searched or prosecuted (granted i take sober driving very seriously, drinking and driving is inexcusable imho). They had check points upon entry and exit; the manchester TN leo's made a killing!

Well i suppose that settles it, i will not be leaving CO anytime soon