ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Amendment 64: The Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act of 2012
Yes 102 73.91%
No 36 26.09%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #616
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 4,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
Beware of road blocks....

Several years ago Telluride did a sting operation during the Bluegrass festival. Coming into town, they posted signs "Drug Check point ahead". Just past the signs, they had officers with binoculars on the hill. They watched people throw their weed out of the car, then busted them. To add insult to injury, they also fined them for littering. A similar tactic has been used elsewhere.
It must be said that Telluride and San Miguel county had zero to do with this sting operation. It was Montezuma and Dolores counties. In fact our Sheriff Bill Masters was very pissed off that this happened and chewed the appropriate asses for it.

And I agree that Utah SP will be profiling CO plates any chance they get. When San MIguel; county had only YX plates you were pretty much guaranteed to be pulled over in Monticello on your way to Powell or the Creek...

I always thought roadblock check points were unconstitutional unless there were notices given beforehand... WHo knows the deets on this? Unaweep?

enduro-ince screwed with this post 12-11-2012 at 11:26 AM
enduro-ince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #617
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,090
[QUOTE=HellSickle;20224640]From today's paper:

"Flexibility was absent from the tenor of U.S. Attorney for Colorado John Walsh
Old 12-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #618
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAD DAMAGE View Post
I wanted to steer this back toward being "on topic" a little.

I got carried away with the Roofie story and took the thread in a dark direction ........... sorry.

So Unaweep, good question. I believe that the vast majority of folks in CO that want to smoke a little weed .... already do. So no, I personally don't see a BIG uptick in usage happening with that demographic. I do have a few friends that have jobs that they would lose if they were caught with it in their system. And just for the sake of their careers .... they abstain from using any MJ, eventhough they would like to ......... but again, it's not that many folks. I don't see a big pent up desire out here in CO. Am I out of touch with reality?

On a side note .... I think there will be a significant uptick in "leakage" across the state lines. When in the near future Joe Q Public can drive into CO and buy weed from a legitimate established business with no legal repercussion, or without having to deal with "an undesirable element" in a back alley (you FFs know what I'm saying here, huh? ) that state line "leakage" will turn into a negative issue with our neighboring states. As a matter of fact, I think maybe it already has. The next paragraph explains why.

A fellow that I used to work with went to TX last year to visit his dying Grandma. He got stopped on his way back home in the Dahlhart/Dumas area on a Sunday afternoon doing 4mph over the limit! They lightly searched his car "because I smell weed" and found nothing. Then they told him that they were calling in the K-9 unit, and "it would take at least an hour for them to get there". He had a piece of a bud about the size of a small marble (he said half a bowl full) in a lunch box cooler so he just "manned up" and told them that he had a Medical MJ card for CO, told them he knows it's not binding in TX, and then showed them what a miniscule amount of weed that he had, somehow thinking they would just let him go. BAD MOVE! They impounded his vehicle, took his dog to the animal shelter, and threw him in the pokey. The crazy part of this story is that his bail bondsman told him that HE HAD BAILED OUT 17 COLORADOANS JUST THE DAY BEFORE! The bail bondsman told my amigo that it has become a big revenue generator in that area just pulling over CO tags and "fishing".

So the state line stores that sell weed will probably do a booming business with cars carrying KS, NE, WY, UT, NM, OK, AZ tags! I'm curious what the neighboring state stances will be on this issue, and how they will handle enforcement. Any of you ADV LEOs willing to comment on this interesting scenario?

Rob
"To serve and protect"

Our revenue.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #619
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,468
Quote:
Yup. Wyoming has already issued warnings. Utah.... I shudder to think about it. They were doing road blocks with checks 20 years ago. I predict a huge increase in revenue, with proceeds being used to get even more drug sniffing dogs.

It pays to know your rights on searching personal property. "Probable cause" is a pretty loose definition. Just having Colorado plates is not probable cause. However, the officer can claim he smells something, even if he didn't.

Enduro-Ince doesn't allow his car to be searched. He pats down the officer and searches the police car.
I saw -ince get pulled over once. He let the officer off with a warning.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #620
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 17,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro-ince View Post
It must be said that Telluride and San Miguel county had zero to do with this sting operation. It was Montezuma and Dolores counties. In fact our Sheriff Bill Masters was very pissed off that this happened and chewed the appropriate asses for it.

And I agree that Utah SP will be profiling CO plates any chance they get. When San MIguel; county had only YX plates you were pretty much guaranteed to be pulled over in Monticello on your way to Powell or the Creek...

I always thought roadblock check points were unconstitutional unless there were notices given beforehand... WHo knows the deets on this? Unaweep?
I will defer to the Fist, but my understanding is they have to publish that there will be DUI check points. They don't have to say where. There are certain requirements for how they are set up, meaning signs and rerouting traffic and such. Drug check points are not constitutional because there you are not checking for dangerous drivers, but stopping people to see if they committed a crime. That's a no-no for law enforcement.

If I ever hear of one of you guys giving permission for a cop to search your car, yer getting a good swift kick in the nuts! Be very clear: I am not consenting to your search of my vehicle. He may well go ahead and do it anyway. But, don't say, yeah, sure thing, have a gander- NO MATTER whether you have contraband in your car. Just don't do it!
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #621
gee
Safety First

Oddometer: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post

Old 12-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #622
toddler
Unpronouncible

Oddometer: 2,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
I saw -ince get pulled over once, the officer cavity searched himself.
toddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #623
VxZeroKnots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddler View Post
I saw -ince get pulled over once, the officer cavity searched himself.
At one of his shows -ince called the cops to report a bar fight. When two units arrived he fought the cops....

and won.

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.

VxZeroKnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #624
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 4,947

Heys guys, just so you know, the ass kissing doesn't guarantee you'll ever get to hang out with me.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #625
Myfuture_yourdebt
Banned

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramontana View Post
...clipped from the headlines.

CU Boulder students arrested for taking pot brownies to ‘bring food day’ event

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/09/cu...#ixzz2EfqxMcsO

Felony charges pending.
In case the ADVRider generation is wondering, edibles are something else and 99% of the public has no idea how hard they hit. For some reason, even a moderately potent brownie will knock you on your ass. It's most easily compared to being half in the bag drunk...and that's after one decent edible (say 50 mg THC). Some people feel like they're "coming up" on a hallucinogen trip and a few even feel like they're practically full on tripping. Hence why in this CU-Boulder case we have people going to the hospital and having panic attacks. More is less, when it comes to edibles...and that is exactly the opposite of what the average person thinks when they see normal brownies. The most potent edible I've seen was a tiny lollipop with a whopping 700 mg of THC...I bet that's enough to get an elephant high!

Also good to note that A-64 is written such that one can legally possess up to one ounce of any marijuana product. From my understanding, that includes any form of hashish even though much more than one ounce of marijuana went into the making of one ounce of any hash product. I wouldn't be surprised if hash starts making more of an appearance on the market in order to allow citizens and businesses to exploit the limits of the law in this manner. But the law as it concerns edibles is basically unwritten...you could have pounds of edibles that only required one ounce of cannabis to make.
Myfuture_yourdebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #626
TNC
Candyass Camper

Oddometer: 4,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfuture_yourdebt View Post
In case the ADVRider generation is wondering, edibles are something else and 99% of the public has no idea how hard they hit. For some reason, even a moderately potent brownie will knock you on your ass. It's most easily compared to being half in the bag drunk...and that's after one decent edible (say 50 mg THC). Some people feel like they're "coming up" on a hallucinogen trip and a few even feel like they're practically full on tripping. Hence why in this CU-Boulder case we have people going to the hospital and having panic attacks. More is less, when it comes to edibles...and that is exactly the opposite of what the average person thinks when they see normal brownies. The most potent edible I've seen was a tiny lollipop with a whopping 700 mg of THC...I bet that's enough to get an elephant high!

Also good to note that A-64 is written such that one can legally possess up to one ounce of any marijuana product. From my understanding, that includes any form of hashish even though much more than one ounce of marijuana went into the making of one ounce of any hash product. I wouldn't be surprised if hash starts making more of an appearance on the market in order to allow citizens and businesses to exploit the limits of the law in this manner. But the law as it concerns edibles is basically unwritten...you could have pounds of edibles that only required one ounce of cannabis to make.
Now that's interesting. I had no idea the stomach ingestion of THC was that much more effective. Sounds like more bang for your buck looking at it from strictly a cost-per-mile sort of way. For those who don't care that much for smoking anything, this sounds like a much better deal.
TNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #627
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,447
Quote:
From today's paper:

"Flexibility was absent from the tenor of U.S. Attorney for Colorado John Walsh’s reaction to the governor’s order. He said the federal Controlled Substances Act adopted by Congress supersedes the passage of Amendment 64, and warned that possessing any amount of marijuana on federal property — including national parks and forests — violates federal law.“Regardless of any changes in state law, including the changes that will go into effect on December 10th in Colorado, growing, selling or possessing any amount of marijuana remains illegal under federal law,” Walsh said in a written statement."
i'm all for state rights over federal gov. "rules"!
hell the federal gov. makes up it's own rules for itself yet wants everyone else to follow theirs.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Labor Day Sale: $10/map (6-10 maps) + free case
http://www.butlermaps.com/6for60
eakins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #628
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,447
oh man one time I was at a local steamboat party (wesfest) a few years ago. there were some brownies on the table that my sweet tooth was going after. when i was 1/2 way through my 3rd someone came over and said hey bill those are special brownies. i looked at the rest and said oh well and finished it, as the deal was done. holly shit that was a crazy night. if i had not known what i was eating that could have been kinda scary trying to figure out what the hell is happening. i went to a dinner party later that night at timboat's and had to sit myself in the corner. i was on the same communication level as my 3yr old daughter. we had a great time together. my wife said i turned pale white at 1 point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfuture_yourdebt View Post

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Labor Day Sale: $10/map (6-10 maps) + free case
http://www.butlermaps.com/6for60
eakins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #629
Myfuture_yourdebt
Banned

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
Now that's interesting. I had no idea the stomach ingestion of THC was that much more effective. Sounds like more bang for your buck looking at it from strictly a cost-per-mile sort of way. For those who don't care that much for smoking anything, this sounds like a much better deal.
Really I don't think edibles are a more effective or efficient way of getting THC into one's system. In fact, I've read that the stomach acids eat away some of the THC effectively wasting it. Also, if you eat anything else before or after the edible, you're dulling it down. Many stoners say edibles are "sleepers" in that the onset of effects is usually quite long especially relative to smoking...something like 10-30 minutes compared to the 30 seconds to a few minutes when smoking. Of course that also means the effects tend to also last longer. I'm not a biologist or physician but I speculate that what makes them so functionally potent is the timing of the THC ingestion...you tend to smoke over a period of a few minutes at least, getting higher by the minute so to speak in a relatively gradual process. Once an edible hits after the come up, it seems to come on all at once hence why even the veterans can be taken aback by their power.

Edibles also tend to cost more relative to buying the usual cured cannabis buds unless you are making the edibles yourself from those buds. With an edible, you pay for all the costs of the pot plus the cost of conversion to making it an edible (food material, labor, etc.). If you don't like smoking and think edibles may be a good alternative, give it a shot. But definitely go small for a first try regardless if you buy or bake them yourself because the consequences can be much worse than having smoked too much. Generally smoking too much will just disable you in most aspects...but eating too much can spark various adverse reaction the most common being anxiety/panic attacks. No joke, I've seen and experienced for myself that eating too much of an edible can trick one into thinking that someone snuck something much heavier than THC into the food.

If you don't like smoking but want to get high (legally, of course), I suggest you find yourself the best buds you can ($40-50/3.5 grams) and take just one hit from any pipe. You don't need much at all these days with the quality of buds out there, especially if you have zero tolerance built up. If you haven't smoked since '83, don't go rolling a joint your first time back. A water pipe will make the smoke a little easier to inhale, so will a longer pipe versus a shorter one (i.e. one-hitters/chillums/super-small pipes are brutal, steamrollers are much smoother despite no water). If you really can't handle even that small amount of smoke, your only real choice for inhalation is a vaporization. In that case, the Volcano has no real competition...unfortunately brand new they retail $500+ but you can find a gently used one on Craigslist for half that any day of the week. Vaporizing is a way of releasing the THC from the buds at temperatures below those of combustion/smoking; like steam, except instead of boiling water you boil THC and the buds don't burn they just turn brown. Either way, smoking or vaporizing is generally the best way to go about getting high unless you are an athlete or just can't stand inhaling anything at all. That being said, the world's most accomplished Olympian ever smoked out of your average basement stoner's bong
Myfuture_yourdebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:40 PM   #630
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by unaweep View Post
Everyone should watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

And, especially this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDJrQBwJpqk
That's good stuff, Jim.