Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #181
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique

Oddometer: 1,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb2cmyk View Post
My 09 GSA was lost in Hoboken flooding.

I put a deposit down on a 2012 GSA Sand Rover. I think I'm the only person that likes this color. Either way I think it's fitting, the new bike will be named after her namesake....."Sandy".
sorry for your loss, but gratz for your new GSA order. I really like the alpine white color but I'd rather the seat was solid black.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #182
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,714
That's what Poolside and I figure.The timing chain up front, sounds to me vaguely familiar to me from the old airhead days, when I could still hear such things without the aid of recording and amplifiers.
Ah, with age comes wisdom tht does nobody any good, when we answer questions nobody asks.
I may get time to deal with it and the rest of a turn up oils change sometime next April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Rabbi View Post
Is the ticking the tensioner? I have it (more of a clack really) and was hoping it was valves needing adjusted!! Same side. 78+ thousand miles, 2004 GSA.....
Smugmug
Mr Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #183
ElMartillo
I See Faces...

Oddometer: 268
Big Foot

Was inspired by the hockey-puck mod to fix my broken Big Foot. Originally made of 1/4" thick ABS, I made a new one out of some leftover 3/4" thick nylon. The screw holes are counter-sunk on the bottom, and I still have to add one more screw to replace the one that was ground down from use with the old one.

The '00 1150GS will be a bit more upright these days...

ElMartillo screwed with this post 12-11-2012 at 07:36 PM
ElMartillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #184
SwissFreek
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamia View Post
sorry for your loss, but gratz for your new gsa order. I really like the alpine white color but i'd rather the seat was solid black.
+1
SwissFreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #185
OBCPO
n00b

Oddometer: 5
replaced the horn

For quite awhile my GS's horn has not worked in temps below 40 degrees F, oddly. So I bought a Hella low tone horn, a quality clamp (to mount the horn to the crash bars, as the Hella horn is too big to mount in the stock horn position), and a wiring connector (from Nippy Normans), and it's all fixed. This is my first photo post here, so my apologies if the below links don't work. In the spirit of full disclosure, I will admit to an idiotic moment when I first connected the Hella horn to the new wiring, and with the horn in my hand, FACING UP AT ME, I chirped the horn button to see if it worked, and nearly blew out my left ear drum. If ever there was a Genius At Work Moment, that was it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7712446...in/photostream

OBCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #186
BigDave75
Will Work for Food!

Oddometer: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreek View Post
+1
Ai mon!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:49 AM   #187
twintwin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 634
car tire on the front

With Leading link and15" rim, for sidecar use.

twintwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #188
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Bias ply or stiff, multi-ply sidewall radials work best. Though my experience is limited to one EML on a KLT conversion, way back in the day. We used the same size as used on the old VW Beetle. The conversion kit came with radial tires. They sucked. We swapped to much cheaper bias ply tires and all was right with the world. I like that front fender on your's. Great for rain and street use.

How does that front end mount to the Frame and the A-arm?
more pictures please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twintwin View Post
With Leading link and15" rim, for sidecar use.

Smugmug
Old 12-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #189
twintwin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
Bias ply or stiff, multi-ply sidewall radials work best. Though my experience is limited to one EML on a KLT conversion, way back in the day. We used the same size as used on the old VW Beetle. The conversion kit came with radial tires. They sucked. We swapped to much cheaper bias ply tires and all was right with the world. I like that front fender on your's. Great for rain and street use.

How does that front end mount to the Frame and the A-arm?
more pictures please.

Very nice rig, and in my opinion this EML chair is one of the nicest ever made.
Maybe time Mr head to go back on 3 wheels

My front end is a EZS, and a adjustable strut (part near the dampner on the picture) takes the place of the EOM shock.

twintwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #190
rgb2cmyk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamia View Post
sorry for your loss, but gratz for your new GSA order. I really like the alpine white color but I'd rather the seat was solid black.
Well conveniently I have the gray top, black bottom, seat from my 09 GSA. So I can put that on, and poof, sand seat is gone.
09 R1200 GSA (Totaled by SS Sandy)
06 Husky TE450, 04 R1100s BCR, 03 F650CS
rgb2cmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #191
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

That looks cool. The EML was a huge car. It fit my daughter in the picture and my pregnant wife. In the snow.
I was working for BMW of Denver at the time and this was a shop build. The kit was quite the kit. All the fasteners came in two sacks, loose. sorting those took several evenings. The chair wheel was braked and suspended but not driven.

I figure I have a few more years before I can justify an additional wheel. (still splitting lanes on two in California when I'm home).

My favorite though esthetically is the BMW factory cars, of the 60's. Those are beautiful. Not real big but well suspended and handle like a dream. Roomy enough for real people and camping great in the trunk and a bit on the rack. Slightly smaller maybe than a Ural car.
I miss those simple old days of motorcycle work.

Last time I was on three wheels I was the "passenger"

Quote:
Originally Posted by twintwin View Post
Very nice rig, and in my opinion this EML chair is one of the nicest ever made.
Maybe time Mr head to go back on 3 wheels

My front end is a EZS, and a adjustable strut (part near the dampner on the picture) takes the place of the EOM shock.

Smugmug

Mr Head screwed with this post 12-12-2012 at 11:02 AM
Old 12-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #192
Death6
n00b

Oddometer: 5
I put her in the garage but not for long

Snow and ice here this week. Not a very safe place to only have two wheels. Finally had to put her in the garage but hopefully this weekend I can pull her out and clean her up for the winter sleep. Can't wait for the weather to break 40 so I can get out of the car
'96 K1100RS
'91 GSXR750
Death6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #193
go4mini
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Thumb Shout out to Sargent

Late summer, noticed a split in my Sargent seat. Appeared thet the material was pulled too tight. I contacted Sargent, and told them it was out of warranty by several weeks, and what would it cost to get it repaired. They told me to send it in (after my PA riding season was over), and they would repair/replace it at no charge (shipping only). Got it back yesterday, and put it on last night. Great company to deal with, and I highy reccomend the seat. Excellent customer service.
go4mini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #194
Rockmuncher
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 760
Mounted Pelican top box

My dad gave me an old Pelican box, so old it predated the 1550. It had one of those old mobile phones mounted in it and was warped from having something to big in it for decades. Long story short, Pelican replaced it with a new one so I figured it would make a good top box. At first I just bolted it on the rear rack, but realized it was to big of a PITA to remove so I built a rack and quick mount system.

Hockey Puck Hand Bolt....Yeah I'm Canadian, so what. This makes a total of 3 hockey pucks mounted on my bike.

Here's the little weld on 90s I used to build the rack. Nice but too expensive.
Rockmuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #195
MotoBoss
Bad Influence

Oddometer: 3,404
Well I can't post pictures but........
I added a 32 L top case to my 2002 GS so the Wife would have a suitable backrest.

In appreciation of my consideration she allowed me to order a new front and rear Wilber's Shocks from Ted's Beemer Shop yesterday I took advantage of his December 10% discount and popped for the Series 3.

Now awaiting delivery.............

AdventureRiderRadio
Donate To ADV

MotoBoss is offline   Reply With Quote