User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #466
10Cup
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,593
Bar Backs 2012R1200GS

Been getting cramps in my right arm and so I moved my bars up 1.5" and back 1.5" by using the VM bar backs from Bobs BMW.

Much more comfortable and the real bonus was that I didn't have to re-route my cables and brake lines! So far I am liking them a lot. Will know for sure when I get my next long ride in.

10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #467
lukeinlondon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 431
got a refund from Wunderlich on that battery i didn't end up needing..and setup an apointment for a RideandBuy on the ZTechnik Vstream
lukeinlondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #468
Mr.Mushman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeinlondon View Post
got a refund from Wunderlich on that battery i didn't end up needing..and setup an apointment for a RideandBuy on the ZTechnik Vstream
Nice going lukeinla, let us know how it goes. I think my Vstream is the tall one I know you asked me in an earlier post ... sorry ... Did you set up this RideandBuy through a BMW dealership ?
Old 02-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #469
GSBruce
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
On my 2000 R1150GS, ~25,000 miles, last night I did the cam-chain tensioner update - I did the "loosen only the three intake system clamps" method and the whole job took maybe 15 minutes. Same amazing difference in quietness (on an already quiet engine) others have reported. I look forward top testing the improvment under load others have seen as well. Tonight I will do the positive jump start post off of the starter install.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #470
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,975
Installed an Odyssey PC535 battery in my camhead GSA today. I looked at NoVa's 625 install and almost went with the larger battery, but in the end decided against it and during install was sure I'd made the right choice. Because mine is a sidecar rig I have a lot more wiring in that area: aux lights on the sidecar, electric camber control, etc. There was barely enough room for the 535 but man does it crank!

Five below zero and with a quarter roll of the throttle it fired right up!

I also modified the front seat bar by cutting out the middle section, using just 1.5 inches on either end. Several posters mentioned they were worried about the metal bar shorting out across the terminals. Worked well, though I'm not sure it was necessary. I had plenty of clearance and the battery is wedged so tight it's not moving without a pry bar.
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #471
def
Ginger th wonder dog

Oddometer: 9,598
What have you done to your GS or GS Adventure today?

I moved the damn thing about 5 feet out of the way.
def is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #472
VEGASGSA
Need more Summer

Oddometer: 7,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Cup View Post
Been getting cramps in my right arm and so I moved my bars up 1.5" and back 1.5" by using the VM bar backs from Bobs BMW.

Much more comfortable and the real bonus was that I didn't have to re-route my cables and brake lines! So far I am liking them a lot. Will know for sure when I get my next long ride in.

How do these compare to the creative concepts? I wanna do this, then add Fast Flexx bars..pull them back then straighten my wrists a touch..
VEGASGSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #473
10Cup
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASGSA View Post
How do these compare to the creative concepts? I wanna do this, then add Fast Flexx bars..pull them back then straighten my wrists a touch..
No idea on creative concepts, sorry.
10Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #474
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,943
Not done anything yet again, darned work gets in the way of fun
Old 02-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #475
El Gato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 650
I went looking for the larger BMW handguards in the Max BMW parts fiche and fell victim to the siren song of the LED turn signals.

Out with the old...

... and in with the new!

Comparo of old and new:

Old 02-07-2013, 05:59 PM   #476
lukeinlondon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 431
got a drivers seat sent to Seat Concepts
3M Velcrod my Top Box key to the inside of the TopBox for those rare time i might feel the need to lock it
Was mean't to do the same with my small garage opener on my winglet but couldn't decide which side to have it on so put that project on pause
Next week testing out Ztechnik Vstream..Large and Extra-Large

annnnddd sold my stock exhaust and original seat swapped with a brother from the forum..
lukeinlondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #477
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeinlondon View Post
got a drivers seat sent to Seat Concepts
You wont regret it!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #478
navsnipe
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
You wont regret it!

Jim
How is the long distance comfort on that seat? I was thinking a Sargent this spring but that shape looks better.
navsnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #479
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by navsnipe View Post
How is the long distance comfort on that seat? I was thinking a Sargent this spring but that shape looks better.
I have to confess, I haven't done a lot of long hours on it, so I do not know. I do know that it is as comfortable as the Sargent Low with the Sargent front in the high position. The SC seat has the front slightly built up to make it unnecessary to put the front of the seat in the high position.

I'm guessing, based on a LOT of Sargent miles, that the SC seat will be at least as good.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #480
El Gato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
I have to confess, I haven't done a lot of long hours on it, so I do not know. I do know that it is as comfortable as the Sargent Low with the Sargent front in the high position. The SC seat has the front slightly built up to make it unnecessary to put the front of the seat in the high position.

I'm guessing, based on a LOT of Sargent miles, that the SC seat will be at least as good.

Jim
Jim, that's interesting that you say that. I used to run my OEM seat in the high/low position to try to level it but I've had no issue with my Sargent and have found it plenty comfortable in the low/low position. You felt the Sargent was still sloped forward?