Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #46
BigDave75
Will Work for Food!

Oddometer: 1,750
Just ordered a new Sargent seat, loved the one I had on my 2010.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #47
RichBMW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,943
Tested that my new collection of cleaning brushes work, and gave it a deep clean after the weekends ride.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #48
picinisco
Scottish Transplant

Oddometer: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65SlashTwo View Post
Friday night I picked up the bike from the seller and met my wife for dinner out.

New to the GS forums and look forward to getting off-road!!
Welcome fellow Arizean

Bikes That have Moved On:
1978 Suzuki GS550E, 1978 Kawasaki KZ1000P, 1982 Honda XL500R, 1995 BMW R1100RSL
picinisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #49
Range Rover
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
I just picked up my new to me, red 08 GSA. Flew up to MI 2 weeks ago and drove it home. First bike for me, so was a great first few days on it (took in about 200 miles of the Blue Ridge Pkwy). Once home, the next few days were spent cleaning, detailing, figuring out how everything works, etc. Wife has only been on it for a 'round the block ride.

So today, my UPS guy delivered my Amazon goodies: a RAM mount for my Sammy GS3(the springloaded holder), so I installed it on the handlebar. Hoping my S3 will be my all-in-one phone, navigation, music and camera.
Now I'm researching to choose a BT headset since my Jawbone earpiece won't fit in my helmet. Always something.

Enjoying reading thru the ADVRider posts. Will be attending the "Boxerfest" this weekend near Athens, GA. Looking forward to meeting some inmates there.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #50
Bighead
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Replaced the stock pegs with GS/A pegs.
Bighead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #51
scooteraug02
Dog Rancher

Oddometer: 4,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer50 View Post
No riding since I can't flex the wrist/twist the throttle. My right hand, wrist and arm are in a non-removable cast so I had to take it easy for the day. (And the next two weeks!)

So I installed a wunderlicht skid plate , a set of pivot pegs, a set of Advdesign lower crash bars, (really nice!) and a new set of the tourarech hand guards to my 2006 GSA.

They all look great and I can't wait till I can ride again.
Did you break your scaphoid? If you did, don't do anything with that hand until it is healed. Small bone but takes forever to heal.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:41 PM   #52
spagthorpe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 14,637
Finally got around to installing the HID kit I got from DDM. It was a breeze, fired right up. I took a few extra steps to insulate some wires under the cap, and got he ballast tucked neatly on the shelf behind the lights. The ballast and all wiring is black, and you can't tell any of it's there. Waiting for night to see how it performs. Can't possibly be worse than stock...
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:08 PM   #53
Gezerbike
Hey Rocky...........

Oddometer: 3,490
Took the seat and the rear luggage rack off and installed the new to me seat locking mechanism I bought from GSADDICT. I had it all apart a year ago and JB welded the lock, but it gave away installing the seat one day. Only took me a few minutes to get it all apart and another 10 minutes to figure out how to get my old lock out and into the new one. Since I had everything apart, I cleaned it all up. Before putting it all back together, I figured I might as well go ahead and take the stock front shock off and re install the Ohlins I just got back from having it rebuilt ( $236, ouch ). All in all, it took me less than an hour to get it all done. It always feels good when you get your baby back into tip top shape.

Mike

2012 R 1200 GS RALLYE
Gezerbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:09 PM   #54
PWarren4 OP
Lost & Confused

Oddometer: 92
Cool2

Just a short ride today -

Tried to get out and participate in the local tag game, ref HERE. But, to late to get the post. Really not a big deal.

After that went and visited with family and then brought it home. 115 miles in the sunshine.

It was a good day...

2007 R1200GS ADV
2012 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
PWarren4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #55
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer: 1,463
Balanced the new to me Woody's 21" wheel and mounted it on to the big bike ... sand trials tomorrow.

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:33 PM   #56
PWarren4 OP
Lost & Confused

Oddometer: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtodd View Post
Balanced the new to me Woody's 21" wheel and mounted it on to the big bike ... sand trials tomorrow.
Sha-Weet!

Any pics mounted on the bike?

2007 R1200GS ADV
2012 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI
PWarren4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:40 PM   #57
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.

Oddometer: 1,438
Looked longingly at it in the garage. Just to busy right now to get out for a ride. Work, moving into a new place, getting the family relocated and some sleep in between. Sadly no improvements on ride time as I will be away for most of Nov so maybe one more ride next weekend then prep the GSA for hibernation.
CanadianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:33 PM   #58
SJSharkfan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 684
Ran some errands then came home and ordered an Odyssey PC680. Been needing it for a while now...

Dave
'02 R1150GS ADV "The Tank"

"I fire up the willing engine,responding with a roar.
Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime."

"Red Barchetta" By RUSH
SJSharkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #59
BTL
WINTER!! UGH!

Oddometer: 405
Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamia View Post
I decided to buy a 2012 GSA Triple Black with less than 3000 miles on the clock...

I just did same thing. Less than 1000 miles on her, unfortunately, I have to wait till spring to even see it in person. I am stuck in winter land Alberta and bike is in WI. I really like the daytime sunny pics. I too have the triple black and in the sun in looks beautiful...Congrats to U.
BTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:55 PM   #60
bigbadandugly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 402
I received both my limited edition Touratech panniers from Germany and slapped them on. The graphics appear to be part of the powdercoating application, however the mountain range sticker on the right pannier is a sticker on 3M tape. It ain't coming off unless it is ground off with an angle grinder. Supposedly there was only 100 of these sets made. I am certainly impressed with the attention to detail in the design as well as the workmanship.

I though they were a little plain looking from the rear so I added some decoration:

And to the side as well:

So the big question in my mind was how long would I be able to keep the beautiful, black anodized finish in pristine condition? The answer was "6 feet". I forgot just how wide I was at the back end with these panniers and I cut it too close to my wife's RAV4 later that day on the inaugural ride. Oh well...now that I got the first scuff mark over with I don't have to be so anal about them any more.

bigbadandugly is offline   Reply With Quote