Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013, 04:07 AM   #796
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,941
Jim offers solid advice. I found out the hard way!
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:02 AM   #797
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique

Oddometer: 1,373
Dropped off my new Leo Vince header pipe at a local "jet-hot" style ceramic coating place. I'll be installing it along with my new Leo Vince carbon fiber can next week when they are complete with the coating process... I'll post photos soon...

Took the first ride on my new Saddlemen seat. It is sooo much more comfortable than the Sargent seat for me. It also feels a bit narrower at the front and it does not have the pronounced lip at the back that kept pushing me into the tank. It's a bit stiff but it should break in well... I'm so far happy with the purchase.

macadamia screwed with this post 03-15-2013 at 04:15 PM
macadamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #798
Codewheeney
Hoopy Frood

Oddometer: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Note, however, that you have removed your strap for the "tool kit". In doing so you opened a hole to whatever is in your tray!
Thanks. I got the same message earlier when I posted my Centech install. I'm off to Home Depot today to actually pick up the sealant.

This thread is good stuff, should be titled: Please inspect my work to make sure I didn't pull any of my normal, dipshit, moves.

JC

Plays in traffic.
Codewheeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:46 AM   #799
Frani
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrshire Bull View Post

that central slot would be ideal for riding in the nude. Keep the Johnson tucked down out of the way - so it wouldn't go flapping all over the place in the wind.
Very nice piece of seat ...
Old 03-16-2013, 07:29 AM   #800
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmonkey View Post
Here's my little edition...
I took a compass, a little Dremel tool work and mounted it to my brake reservoir cap with some double sided tape. One of the handiest little mods I've come up with.

I had to steal your idea and while looking for a compass at REI, I found one that was almost made for this application. I took some crappy cellphone pics.

Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #801
Johnny4x4
Hope 2 B Cool Sumday

Oddometer: 53
took it for a ride and signed up for the annual polar bear ride.
http://home.comcast.net/~salt_lake_m...color%20v2.pdf
Johnny4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #802
Boondox
Travels With Barley

On the GS, removed the PIAA lightbar and replaced it with a much nicer Migsel that tucks the lights in tighter to the beak and raised them an inch. Also (barely visible by the cylinder) installed a set of TT crashbars.

I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com

Boondox screwed with this post 03-16-2013 at 02:35 PM
Old 03-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #803
Boondox
Travels With Barley

On the GSA I fabricated some very short cargo straps with quick release buckles to hold the side windows in place when I unzip them and roll them up. Having them flap in the breeze was freaking poor Barley out a bit.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #804
rgb2cmyk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 252
I took it for a ride to my brother in laws in PA. I made it safely. 50% chance of rain my ass...that was a snowstorm.

09 R1200 GSA (Totaled by SS Sandy)
06 Husky TE450, 04 R1100s BCR, 03 F650CS
rgb2cmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #805
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique

Oddometer: 1,373
Rode up to Long Beach BMW and ride with 44 other riders to RawHyde adventures in Castaic Cali. Hung out all afternoon with hundreds of other riders. I even took the GSA offroad for the first time today. No naps so far...

Still up here listening to music around the camp fire - drum set, electric violin, ukulele, and 2 accustic guitars. These dudes are jam'n.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:43 AM   #806
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,523
Not today, its only 5:36 yet. I replaced the voltage regulator in my GS yesterday. The job wasn't *quite* as easy as I'd hoped, but not having an ABS pump gave me all the space I needed to get the cover and regulator mounting screws out. Prior to replacement, I was seeing ~13v with excursions to 14v. After replacement, I've got a steady 14.7v with the motor running.

The whole thing took ~1/2 hour start to finish.
Twilight Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #807
gspdbill
noobie allover again

Oddometer: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb2cmyk View Post
I took it for a ride to my brother in laws in PA. I made it safely. 50% chance of rain my ass...that was a snowstorm.

You rode in that weather bare handed???

Old 03-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #808
lukeinlondon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 431
BestRest Fitkit

Took the Top Box off so i could fit the above...instructions were great..not wholly accurate though..impossible to get 2 washers and nuts above the tail light so could only fit the nuts..took us about an hour..using plyers..tweezers..unlike the passenger kit they sell which just clicks onto the bike like the passenger seat..this is not a quick replacement kit..so sending it back...while i had the Top Box off for the first time ..i thought i would see how she handles...holy cow! for the city; its great!! Will keep the box cause it can be put on in seconds but am going to look for some lightweight storage options for my layers and such around town

Also got the Powerpump..handpump for my bike so i could keep the psi right without having to go to the gas station....pump PUMP pump PUMP...lost a couple of Psi...PUMP PUMP PUMP PUMP...lost some more....that thing is going back as well!

Sold my Low Seat on Ebay or at least they clicked to buy it..so looks like my RDL build is still set for April
lukeinlondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #809
Monsignore
Plunger Boy

Oddometer: 875
Went to replace the rear brake pads as my MotoMinder app told me to 364 miles ago (I have it set to remind me every 3,000mi). The inner pad still has at least 1/4" on it, so I'll wait until I replace the rotor. This'll be done during the next nice day I have off, along with changing the FD fluid, all in prep for my SS1000 in May.

I did notice the front tire tread is looking a tad low.

IBA # 55612
Monsignore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #810
rebake
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,016
Pissed

Went into the garage to start the gs and the battery was completely dead.Dawned on me that i had plugged my mp3 player in to charge-2 weeks ago..Ed