ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
samppa2005 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
KTM 990 high casis kit in 990 sm 210mm forks?

We got first snow here a couple of days ago. As most of you living in areas where you get snow know, it's the time of year you get all sorts of weird ideas. Really weird shit happens in areas where there is snow for 5 months So here's what i have now:

It's a 990 SM with high headers from an ADV and a 2-1 collector from an SE. Self made skidplate etc...
The 990 SM same as the 950 SM/SMR have a suspension travel of 210 mm same as a regular adventure...and then there is this...
http://www.ktm-parts.com/60112950033.html

I'm guessing KTM uses the same components where ever possible so i'm guessing the difference between the ADV and SM suspension is the valving and the spring stiffness. If that's so i suppose the kit could be put into an SM as well? I'm not saying it would be a good idea or anything i'm just curious...at the moment anyway
You can get a 950 SM for a decent price. throw in that set and a set of used ADV wheels and presto...you are on your way to an SE? For a fair bit cheaper.
So would any of you technical wizards have some ideas on this? Would it fit?
samppa2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
1stiski
Ride that nasty thing

Oddometer: 1,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by samppa2005 View Post
We got first snow here a couple of days ago. As most of you living in areas where you get snow know, it's the time of year you get all sorts of weird ideas. Really weird shit happens in areas where there is snow for 5 months So here's what i have now:

It's a 990 SM with high headers from an ADV and a 2-1 collector from an SE. Self made skidplate etc...
The 990 SM same as the 950 SM/SMR have a suspension travel of 210 mm same as a regular adventure...and then there is this...
http://www.ktm-parts.com/60112950033.html

I'm guessing KTM uses the same components where ever possible so i'm guessing the difference between the ADV and SM suspension is the valving and the spring stiffness. If that's so i suppose the kit could be put into an SM as well? I'm not saying it would be a good idea or anything i'm just curious...at the moment anyway
You can get a 950 SM for a decent price. throw in that set and a set of used ADV wheels and presto...you are on your way to an SE? For a fair bit cheaper.
So would any of you technical wizards have some ideas on this? Would it fit?
TW200 all grown up.. SWEET FAT TIRE BIKE.
"Grim Brother" #1
1stiski is offline   Reply With Quote