Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 04:59 AM   #1
hardwaregrrl OP
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,812
Everybody OK after Sandy? Check in please.

Hey all, just thought if you're in the NE area, you could let us know you're ok. I realize you have no power, check in if you can.

Cigars and Scotch
Bpeckm
civichatch90
stagehand
disston
itinerant
freethebeast
Patrick M

I apologize if your name isn't here. These are just members that popped into my head. Fill in your profile and I'll remember where you live.

hardwaregrrl screwed with this post 10-31-2012 at 05:42 AM
hardwaregrrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:34 AM   #2
Patrick M
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Well, my power has been out for 36 hours and isn't expected to be restored until Friday night. Other than that, all is good... The G/S that I planned to pick up in Manhattan this weekend is in question though. Havent been able to get through to Manhattan BMW.
Patrick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
craydds
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,128
Hope all are safe and sound.
ABC #12947
'75 R90S
craydds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:50 AM   #4
disston
ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer: 8,167
I'm honored to have my name appear, gee, somebody cares?

Yes, I'm in the NE. Live on the Maryland side of Washington, DC, the nations Capital. We didn't get hit very hard at all. No power out that I have seen in any neighborhoods I went through the last couple of days, maybe somebody but nothing I saw. I saw one tree down in Washington, on a side road.

The Rock Creek Parkway was closed still this morning. Usually will stay closed till water levels drop. If it gets any worse they close my neighborhood but they haven't had to do that so this is not as bad as it gets.

I picked up 4 people Monday morning in Washington, DC and drove them to NY City. The trip up was easier, made it to downtown Manhattan by 3:15 pm. we left Wash at 10:30 am so was a total of 4 hrs and 45 mins.

The trip back was much longer. I had to get off the NJ Turnpike, they had it closed South of exit 9. I was on a Bridge over the Scudders Falls for over an hour because of a fallen power line. I think the eye of the storm passed me at that point. I go home at 10:30 pm. So about 7 hours going South.

I'm in bed today with a cold I guess I got because I got wet on Monday. I had a great time. I've been a Taxi Cab Driver for 28 years. My longest fare of all time.

Pay your debt, piratejohn.http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
disston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:28 AM   #5
bpeckm
Grin!

Oddometer: 5,637
Disston... thanks for the explanation at the bottom.... wondered why anyone woulda been out drivin',,,,!

...and yes... gee! someone cares (?) (!!!)

All is welll in bpeckm-land... I am actually still in Florida, couldn't get home on my Monday flight, but flying out today... good to see the folks down here! But it sounds like RI fared very well indeed, intermittent power outages, but power is back at home, with internet, cell service and all the requisites of modern living.

Thanks, all.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:39 AM   #6
Biebs
BMW Airhead

Oddometer: 434
Wicked Wow!!!

Disston - yes we do care sounds like you went right through the eye of the storm!!! Taxi Cab driver 28 years explains some of your crusty attitude dealing with people for that long will get you ... Ok just messing with you. Glad to hear you are ok and survied the trip to NYC on Monday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disston View Post
I'm honored to have my name appear, gee, somebody cares?

Yes, I'm in the NE. Live on the Maryland side of Washington, DC, the nations Capital. We didn't get hit very hard at all. No power out that I have seen in any neighborhoods I went through the last couple of days, maybe somebody but nothing I saw. I saw one tree down in Washington, on a side road.

The Rock Creek Parkway was closed still this morning. Usually will stay closed till water levels drop. If it gets any worse they close my neighborhood but they haven't had to do that so this is not as bad as it gets.

I picked up 4 people Monday morning in Washington, DC and drove them to NY City. The trip up was easier, made it to downtown Manhattan by 3:15 pm. we left Wash at 10:30 am so was a total of 4 hrs and 45 mins.

The trip back was much longer. I had to get off the NJ Turnpike, they had it closed South of exit 9. I was on a Bridge over the Scudders Falls for over an hour because of a fallen power line. I think the eye of the storm passed me at that point. I go home at 10:30 pm. So about 7 hours going South.

I'm in bed today with a cold I guess I got because I got wet on Monday. I had a great time. I've been a Taxi Cab Driver for 28 years. My longest fare of all time.
Biebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:44 AM   #7
hardwaregrrl OP
You talkin' to me?

You'll get that g/s Patrick. Maybe not this weekend. Disston, yes we care. Didn't know you we're a cabbie. Very badass of you to be driving through all of this. Get better. Apple cider vinegar after shots and raw garlic. Glad you're still in fl bob. Hope you get home safe.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:23 AM   #8
hardwaregrrl OP
You talkin' to me?

What about our headless iron horseman?? danedg....?

Happy Halloween folks
Old 10-31-2012, 09:51 AM   #9
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra

Oddometer: 47,353
who us sandy?
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
hardwaregrrl OP
You talkin' to me?

Looks like Mike is ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigars&Scotch View Post
Figured I post here as most of guys have sent me a PM. Family and I are fine. We lost power for a couple of days but I pulled a few strings with the power company and they restored my neighborhood. Been working 12 to 14 hr days since Monday as the damage is extensive. We have just declared a State of Emergency which will open up some avenues to get restorations done quicker. In my 30 years of service, I have never seen as such devastation and as wide spread as what I have seen in the past few days. I am a lot better off than most people.

2 biggest things are power and Fuel.

Thanks to every one for the prayers and well wishes, and see you in the spring rally
Old 11-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #11
hardwaregrrl OP
You talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pollo View Post
who us sandy?
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug