Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 03:45 AM   #76
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobowsher View Post
I am pretty sure that the new Colorado sold in Mexico only comes with a gas engine.
Could be. The article I was reading was talking about the Asian market, Thailand in particular. It said that the Colorado was available only with Diesels worldwide. Last time I believe the media!

'13 Yamaha Super Tenere - my dream bike
SOLD: '13 Wee-Strom, hacked, re-geared, Ohlins suspension
My Wee-Strom Hack
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:10 AM   #77
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,205
Im changing my vote back to a Toyota. It took all of 4 days for my wonderful Nissan to fuck up.
Rider_WV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #78
rotten
LOST AGAIN

Oddometer: 670
Unlikely

Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot View Post
I heard rumours of a Canyon/Colorado diesel offering soon.
http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/...rst-drive.html
"In terms of engines, the Asian-market Colorado isn't likely to share much with the U.S.-bound version. There are only two options available outside the U.S., both of them four-cylinder Duramax diesels." ....

"The base engine displaces 2.5 liters and generates 150 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. Then there's an optional 2.8-liter version of the same engine rated at 180 hp and 346 lb-ft of torque. In addition to the extra power, the 2.8-liter engine also gets a new six-speed automatic transmission. A five-speed manual is the only other transmission offered, in this market at least....... "

"There's no talk of using them in the U.S. trucks yet, so don't get your hopes up."...

you would like by now we (US) would be used to the idea we don't get a lot of cars/ motorcycles that are offered all over the world, that isn't going to change unless there is a large enough demand to change legislation
Until then we can keep complaining and dreaming!
rotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #79
blackfriar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
In an earlier post I reported 21 mpg on my 2010 Tacoma V6 4X4 and I did get that on a mostly highway fishing trip last May. I thought I'd better check it again to make sure I wasn't overstating my mpg and apparently I was. I checked my last tankful doing my normal weekly driving, which is probably 60% highway, and I got 19 mpg.
2009 KLR 650 sold
2011 BMW R1200GSA
blackfriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #80
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider_WV View Post
Im changing my vote back to a Toyota. It took all of 4 days for my wonderful Nissan to fuck up.
What happened?

'13 Yamaha Super Tenere - my dream bike
SOLD: '13 Wee-Strom, hacked, re-geared, Ohlins suspension
My Wee-Strom Hack
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:35 AM   #81
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotten View Post
http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/...rst-drive.html
"In terms of engines, the Asian-market Colorado isn't likely to share much with the U.S.-bound version. There are only two options available outside the U.S., both of them four-cylinder Duramax diesels." ....

"The base engine displaces 2.5 liters and generates 150 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque. Then there's an optional 2.8-liter version of the same engine rated at 180 hp and 346 lb-ft of torque. In addition to the extra power, the 2.8-liter engine also gets a new six-speed automatic transmission. A five-speed manual is the only other transmission offered, in this market at least....... "

"There's no talk of using them in the U.S. trucks yet, so don't get your hopes up."...

you would like by now we (US) would be used to the idea we don't get a lot of cars/ motorcycles that are offered all over the world, that isn't going to change unless there is a large enough demand to change legislation
Until then we can keep complaining and dreaming!
that 2.5l sounds awesome. wonder if it wsould make +30mpg possible. I can imagine the idiots pulling 7000 lb trailers with a 2500lb truck though.... maybe that's the real reason the us isn't allowed small diesels ? lol
Old 11-12-2012, 06:38 AM   #82
Rider_WV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierguy View Post
What happened?
Pretty sure something in the shifter linkage broke and jammed up. It wouldnt go into drive at all, I finally wiggled it in, but have to hold it in drive. Thats my fault for buying an auto, first auto ever, should have gotten the 6spd. I can fix it, i just refuse to remove the console on a truck I have only had a week.
Rider_WV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:44 AM   #83
janeuner
Get Some

Oddometer: 1,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
I can imagine the idiots pulling 7000 lb trailers with a 2500lb truck though.... maybe that's the real reason the us isn't allowed small diesels ? lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U-Haul#Ford_Explorer_Ban

^^ related? ^^
Old 11-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #84
broncobowsher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
that 2.5l sounds awesome. wonder if it wsould make +30mpg possible. I can imagine the idiots pulling 7000 lb trailers with a 2500lb truck though.... maybe that's the real reason the us isn't allowed small diesels ? lol
Have you seen Toyota putting in the commercial about a bone stock Tundra towing 292,500 pounds of Space shuttle in LA?
broncobowsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #85
AtlantaViking
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeuner View Post
No not related. U-Haul did that because of rollovers associated with the Firestone tire recall debacle. Stupid decision on their part especially because if you drove a Mecury Mountaineer you could rent one (same truck).

06 Suzi DL1K
99 Suzi DR350SE
AtlantaViking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #86
OaklandStrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,612
I recently went through a similar thought process. I no longer tow, or haul stupidly heavy stuff. My wife hates (can't drive) my 3/4 ton 4x4 Dodge/Cummins with a utility bed. Since we do some road trips together, and it was starting to fall apart with 250,000 miles on it, I needed something different.

I looked at Tacos. I hate Rangers and the small GM trucks. I couldn't find a small Taco (if I wanted a big truck, I'd buy a Ford) at a reasonable price, unless it had 100,000 miles. So... I bought a Ford.

I just picked up an '08, short bed (6' 6"), 5 speed, v6 F150 with 44,000 miles for under $8,000 (a similar Toyota would be $10,000 more). It's super clean, and the first tank of Bay Area driving got me 17 mpg - about the same as a v6 Tacoma. No road trips yet, so I have no idea what the highway mileage will be, but I'm guessing 20. $280 at Crutchfield got me a good sound system.

It has everything I want, except cruise control. Whatever.
OaklandStrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #87
S H I F T Y
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 671
Funny how I keep reading that the Toyotas are so expensive unless they have a 100k on them, etc. My 09 had 55k on it this time last year and I couldn't give it away. It blue-booked high, but good luck finding a buyer at that price. Best offer I got was 14k so I just hung on to it.

I hate the POS.

S H I F T Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #88
levain OP
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch DeBeer View Post

I hate the POS.

Do tell
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #89
S H I F T Y
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 671
Tire Pressure placard goes on all the time for no reason.

Driver door lock doesn't work anymore, passenger window doesn't work either.

Aux Input jack is dead.

Radio display hasn't worked in a year.

MP3 disc player works when it feels like it.
*Add up the three above I now listen to my ipod with earbuds when I drive.

The factory alarm goes off all the time for no reason. And when I say no reason, I mean no reason. It could be parked on a dry lake bed 50 miles from anything and go off. Also, for some fantastic reason, every time you open the door, hit the door lock button (which doesn't work anymore anyway), or get this... turn the ignition off, the horn beeps. So, every time I turn the truck off the horn beeps. That has made for more than a few "what the fuck is your problem" conversations in parking lots, and even more so at gas stations. Pull the fuse you say? Yeah, that is whole fuckin' story I won't bother getting into right now.

A/C is / never was all that cold; and the selector between feet, dash, mix, etc. is meaningless - it blows out of every vent all the time.

The clutch pedal has an insane creak to it, it sounds like a haunted house sound effect.

The center console button / latch mechanism busted - have to replace the entire console.

You know how when you go down a fucked up road or hit the brakes hard the driver's seatbelt locks up to hold you in place? Mine locks up all the time for no reason, so I have to undo the belt and let it retract, then put it back on. Driving 20 miles to my office, I might have to do this ten times. Bad news, work takes me all over from San Diego to Sacramento.

There are rattles in the cab that are absolutely impossible to find.

That is just off the top of my head.

Motor / Gearbox, major mechanical, etc.? No real issues to speak of. That is the only reason this thing hasn't gotten left somewhere with the keys in it
S H I F T Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #90
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,487
What a pile of shit. I'll give ya $10K for it.
2whlrcr is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: