ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #421
misanthropic
Studly Adventurer
 
misanthropic's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Keller TX
Oddometer: 513
Nicky is on a different level now.
misanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #422
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer
 
stk0308's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: St Charles, MO
Oddometer: 1,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Because going from Moto GP to WSBK right now is like going from Broadway to a local high school talent show.

Good entertainment in both. They are just on different levels, currently.
Then I get more entertainment, as a fan, out of the local high school talent show. MotoGP still isn't enough racing, but more technomasturbation.
__________________
Steven
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2001 Yamaha YZ426F
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
stk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:28 AM   #423
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll
 
DC2wheels's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: N.H.
Oddometer: 2,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Nicky Hayden will test a Ducati Panigale Superbike at either Misano or Mugello (depending on where you read ) in Ducati's attempt to sign him for SBK.

I would imagine it would take a contract similar $$$ to his current Moto GP contract to keep him.
Noooooooo! Nicky, say it ain't so!

I'm wondering if after his Superbike test, NH got off the Panigale and said he finally found a bike that handled WORSE than his MotoGP ride. And called Checa to compare crappy Ducs.
__________________
'92 K100RS
'12 DRZ400
sugarhillctd on the
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #424
xltrider
Seasoned Adventurer
 
xltrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Central IL
Oddometer: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Because going from Moto GP to WSBK right now is like going from Broadway to a local high school talent show.

Good entertainment in both. They are just on different levels, currently.
AND the paychecks are smaller, correct?
__________________
1991 FJ1200
1995 YZF600 track bike and rolling chassis
2000 Husqvarna SM610S
2012 Suzuki DL1000
xltrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #425
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by xltrider View Post
AND the paychecks are smaller, correct?
Most definitely. But superstars coming from Moto GP can earn pretty handsomely. I think Ducati's offer to Hayden is on a level with his current Moto GP salary.

Biaggi is another who made very good $$$ in WSBK.

Spies took a major pay cut to go to WSBK in 2009. Major.
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:35 AM   #426
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,219
So, Fabrizio is out at Red Devil Aprilia. Toni Elias who just parted with his Avintia Blusens Moto 2 team will take his place for the remaining rounds.

And just as quickly, Mr. Fabulous has been snapped up by Pata Honda to replace the injured (and disgruntled) Jonathon Rea.

ETA: reading a bit deeper, Fabrizio asked to be released from the Red Devil Team to take Jonathon Rea's place at Pata.
__________________
+0

mdubya screwed with this post 09-10-2013 at 05:41 AM
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:49 AM   #427
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Sacramento CA
Oddometer: 1,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
So, Fabrizio is out at Red Devil Aprilia. Toni Elias who just parted with his Avintia Blusens Moto 2 team will take his place for the remaining rounds.

And just as quickly, Mr. Fabulous has been snapped up by Pata Honda to replace the injured (and disgruntled) Jonathon Rea.

ETA: reading a bit deeper, Fabrizio asked to be released from the Red Devil Team to take Jonathon Rea's place at Pata.
There must have been some real shit going on to want to leave an RSV4 to ride a CBR1000.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #428
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post
There must have been some real shit going on to want to leave an RSV4 to ride a CBR1000.
Maybe $$$ ?
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #429
misanthropic
Studly Adventurer
 
misanthropic's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Keller TX
Oddometer: 513
His performance has been erratic and disappointing going back to his factory Ducati days.
misanthropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #430
Pantah
Red Sox Nation
 
Pantah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: India Wharf
Oddometer: 10,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Maybe $$$ ?
Teams and riders have to honor their commitments no matter what. Both sides seem to have failed. Plus too many of these new teams never seem to have enough money to deliver on their end. Or maybe their fat cat financier looses interest. It is the history of motorcycle racing. Low barriers of entry, high ongoing costs.

There are not many Michael Jordan's in the world... on any level in motorcycle racing.
__________________
Straight ahead and faster -Bo Weaver 1970
"There I was..." -Griffin Niner Three Hotel
"One day closer to a parade..." Jonny Gomes, spring training 2013
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #431
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.
 
BOOTLACE's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Methane Central..(Sth Gippsland)
Oddometer: 3,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by stk0308 View Post
Then I get more entertainment, as a fan, out of the local high school talent show. MotoGP still isn't enough racing, but more technomasturbation.
Well said.
__________________
bootlace
BOOTLACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #432
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Teams and riders have to honor their commitments no matter what. Both sides seem to have failed. Plus too many of these new teams never seem to have enough money to deliver on their end. Or maybe their fat cat financier looses interest. It is the history of motorcycle racing. Low barriers of entry, high ongoing costs.

There are not many Michael Jordan's in the world... on any level in motorcycle racing.
From GP One:

Quote:
UPDATED - in fact it seems that Michel could not wait to leave his previous team, mainly for economic reasons. The manager of the team, Petricca found an alternative at no cost with the help of Dorna for the same reasons the alternative seemed a gift from heaven. This will likely mean a nice 'a draw' between Fabrizio and his former team, which is seen in a new light on the controversy began at Silverstone on the basis of economic disagreements.
I find it not only interesting the way Dorna helps its own best interests, but, also, how the teams use their own tactics to push Dorna to give them help.

There are always 3 parties involved (to varying degrees); team, rider, and organizer.

Some background: http://www.gpone.com/2013073010986/F...lverstone.html
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #433
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,219
Carlos Checa seems like he will be out for the rest of the season with a fractured hip from Istanbul.
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #434
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome
 
yooperbikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: The blue groove
Oddometer: 12,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Carlos Checa seems like he will be out for the rest of the season with a fractured hip from Istanbul.

Hip? I thought it was a wrist. Checa has also been making noises about not being back with Ducati next year, presumably by mutual agreement.
__________________
"...people in the stands want to see good, close racing. The thing is to put on a show, and that’s what’s going to draw people in..." -- Scotty Parker



yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #435
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
Hip? I thought it was a wrist. Checa has also been making noises about not being back with Ducati next year, presumably by mutual agreement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by @CarlosCheca
Istanbul crash more serious than I thought, hip fracture.Tomorrow morning dr will apply a surgery intervention, I can't finish the season
_______________________________________
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014