ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #241
Doulos
Doulos

Oddometer: 69
Windy Gap and Rocky Flats

We need to set up a ride up there Twisty - I got my recluse clutch and skid plate installed on my KTM 350. Crazy fun! no stalls - but engine braking is a trick...
Doulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #242
DriftDragon
Wanderer

Oddometer: 198
Dang... Doulos is beating me in the cool stuff department!

2003 KTM 525 EXC RFS
DriftDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #243
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer: 2,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doulos View Post
We need to set up a ride up there Twisty - I got my recluse clutch and skid plate installed on my KTM 350. Crazy fun! no stalls - but engine braking is a trick...
You bet! I'm always ready for a ride.

Alfredo, Judobiker and I are going somewhere this Saturday, but I don't know where. They are trying to decide between HP, Rockcrusher or MotoMountain. I'm going wherever they decide. I'm easy that way.
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #244
Doulos
Doulos

Oddometer: 69
Cool - shoot me a note and let me know where you end up and I will meet you possibly.
My cell is 423-827-200nine
Doulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #245
DriftDragon
Wanderer

I am up to ride too anybody?

2003 KTM 525 EXC RFS
Old 01-05-2013, 05:24 AM   #246
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 4,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftDragon View Post
I am up to ride too anybody?
That would be a yes. Unfortunately, my heated gear is not working and I would like to wait until it gets above freezing. The New Years Eve ride was brutal on the fingers.:vary
PM sent.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:17 AM   #247
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Meetup spot is BP gas station at the corner of Ooltewah Ringgold road and East Brainerd road at noon. This will be a big bike friendly dirt road DS ride with lots of twisty pavement. Thumpers welcome.
edit: Bring a tail bag lunch or some snacks.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
Old 01-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #248
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Today it was somebody else's turn to be THAT GUY.:loll Nice riding with y'all, even if we got off to a late start.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #249
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer: 2,041
What did "that guy" do?

Hate that I missed it. Had to go do some chores for Mom today.
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #250
VOLdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonte View Post
Great Houston Valley RR Steve. Looks like y'all had fun. I sold my 450exc in October and then you guys go buy dirt bikes. Talk about great timing.

I got a 530......with yr name ALLOVER it !!
VOLdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #251
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLdog View Post
I got a 530......with yr name ALLOVER it !!
I don't buy bikes from guys who don't understand the concept of depreciation. What's the price up to now, 12 grand? Good luck.

Old 01-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #252
DriftDragon
Wanderer

Here I was jumping on to thank Monte for his gracious kindness for waiting on me and not making a big deal out of it...

Seriously I really appreceated that you guys waited. It was an awesome ride. I had a issue with my bike on the way to the meeting spot and lost the bolts from my taillight. I thought I could fix it fast with tape or something but it took much longer than expected. Everyone waited for me and I was pleasantly surprised they did and more than a little embarrassed for holding them up.

Monte picked a great route as well. I was barely paying attention to where we were going as I was just loving the roads and scenery and...

My new ICEAir! That thing litterally transformed my bike. Today was my first ride with it. Just got it installed last night. As I left the driveway the bike was still cold and I thought I probably waited four months for nothing. Within a few miles I was like... holy $!#&! It was as if a ten minute install had been me finding a hidden "make my bike run like crap" switch in the on position and had turned it off. All day I been thinking why the hell did they not make the bike this way to start with? Someone asked how it affected gas mileage. First, who gives a rats ass. Second, no way to know. Why? Because the damn low gears now actually have response like low gears and I found myself actually bothering to use them all day. Seriously it is the weirdest thing... you turn the handle on the right hand side of the handlebar and the bike actually moves forward when you do it! Who came up with this crazy idea? Poolside did.

If you have a GS... go to the "Hotrodding the GS" thread and place your order now and pay your 75 dollars and wait however long it takes, four months, a year... no matter how long it takes it is worth the wait. Anyone without one might as well be riding a moped relatively speaking. My bike now does exactly what I thought it should do all along.

2003 KTM 525 EXC RFS
Old 01-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #253
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

Oddometer: 874
Thanks again Monte for leading the ride! I should post the few pics I took Your buddy's KTM sure was a shiny new toy, glad to see it got some dirt on it when we were on Joe Brown.

Meeting at the Terminal this Wednesday at 7pm. Any and all are welcome to join.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #254
Hawk
Bainned

Oddometer: 15,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelyGrl View Post
Meeting at the Terminal this Wednesday at 7pm. Any and all are welcome to join.
I'll be there, but I'll be earlier then 7pm, just sayin...
Old 01-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #255
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

Oddometer: 874
When is cocktail hour?

You should tell me these things

Doesn't matter, I'll be in town and I'm 5 minutes from downtown.