ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #466
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

Oddometer: 874
Haha! I didn't either til my mom replied, 'No! You may not borrow my car! You have your own! Get new meat for it!'

Which I got some michelin's and i'm excited to put the warranty to the test

Monte ~ the DR is back to running. I'll see you tomorrow morning at 9ish
Old 03-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #467
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 4,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelyGrl View Post

Monte ~ the DR is back to running. I'll see you tomorrow morning at 9ish
See ya then.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #468
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

Squirrel went down on the Main St exit.

I was thinking I shouldn't have asked Monte about how long my helmet would last.

When I get home, I expect to see the front sprocket somewhat mangled. As the chain had come off both as I went down.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #469
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it

Oddometer: 11,560
Quote:
Squirrel went down on the Main St exit.

I was thinking I shouldn't have asked Monte about how long my helmet would last.

When I get home, I expect to see the front sprocket somewhat mangled. As the chain had come off both as I went down.
Are you OK?

Under construction
Al Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #470
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

I've got a good bruise on my left leg. I was describing what happened to DualBert as he helped me get my bike home. Bert thinks I hindsighted? As I was making a right curve, the rear dragged. I fell on my left, while the bike landed on my leg. Not bad at all; considering so many other possibilities throughout the day.

I might be sore in the morning. After today's ride of 300+ miles with Monte, I'm sooooo thankful I was goin slow and on my way to meet DualBert.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #471
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it

Quote:
I've got a good bruise on my left leg. I was describing what happened to DualBert as he helped me get my bike home. Bert thinks I hindsighted? As I was making a right curve, the rear dragged. I fell on my left, while the bike landed on my leg. Not bad at all; considering so many other possibilities throughout the day.

I might be sore in the morning. After today's ride of 300+ miles with Monte, I'm sooooo thankful I was goin slow and on my way to meet DualBert.
Sounds like your gear kept the road rash at bay. You mentioned the helmet. Did your helmet hit the ground? If so, you should get yourself checked out at the hospital. Glad you weren't hurt any worse.

Under construction
Old 03-18-2013, 03:31 AM   #472
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer: 1,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Tuna View Post
... Glad you weren't hurt any worse.
+1

ATGATT
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:23 AM   #473
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Quote:

Yikes, just saw this. I hope you're alright. That's quite a finale to a long 11+ hour day. Not many guys on here will man up and do a 350 mile death march dual sport ride (on a comfy, powerful bike), yet you did it on a DR200.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
Old 03-18-2013, 05:47 AM   #474
Doulos
Doulos

Oddometer: 69
When a Squirrel crashes is that roadkill?

So sorry to hear about your spill! Did you mean hindsighted or Highsided?

Yesterday my daughter Annie bought a DR200. So hopefully she will join us riding soon!
Doulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #475
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

I was gonna be roadkill! St Patty's Day and laying on an off-ramp! And yes, Highsided.
Awesome your girl got a DR ! Can't wait to see her out on the trails with us!

Brown Dog ~ Too true!! I love my gear! Worth every penny spent on it! Now I gotta look for another helmet

Al Tuna ~ I landed on my leg first and then my head hit the pavement. I didn't have a headache last night nor this morning. I didn't lose consciousness either I was going pretty slow, I think when I was down shifting, is when my chain got outta whack.

Monte ~ What an awesome day!!!! Was it really 350 + ? So many water crossings. Thanks for getting my rear in gear putting the bike together and riding. I'll post up the pics I got soon. I saw your post in the DOG thread. Good times!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:50 AM   #476
Hawk
Bainned

Oddometer: 15,073

You're not doing it right if you end up on the pavement....

Happy you are ok, we'll figure out a place to meet on Friday.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #477
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer: 2,039
Dang Squirrelly, glad you're alright. Sounds like fatigue may have been a factor.
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #478
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Quote:
Monte ~ What an awesome day!!!! Was it really 350 + ? So many water crossings. Thanks for getting my rear in gear putting the bike together and riding. I'll post up the pics I got soon. I saw your post in the DOG thread. Good times!
Glad you had a great time. Sorry about the ending. I guess you were lucky to have that happen where it did though. Could've been much worse had it happened on I24. The Tiger odometer said 327 when pulling into the driveway last night at 8:30, with 70 miles of that being dirt. So yeah, you rode at least 350 miles yesterday. Good to talk to you this morning.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #479
Doulos
Doulos

Oddometer: 69
DOG thread?

Can someone post a link to the DOG thread Squirrel mentioned? I don't know how to get there from here.
Doulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #480
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doulos View Post
Can someone post a link to the DOG thread Squirrel mentioned? I don't know how to get there from here.
Be careful in there.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194015

Under construction