ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #841
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood View Post
Grant's Auto Trim on Broad in Chattanooga does a great job with stuff like that.
Thanks man, but I just got back from Autocraft Restyling on East Brainerd with the newly recovered seat. The guy had me in and out in 30 minutes and charged much less than the others quoted me.

Howabout a meetup time of 10am for tomorrow's ride? The weather is looking great and this will most likely be a pavement pounder due to the recent morning deluge.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:57 AM   #842
youngblood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
That's service! Good to know about that spot.

10am sounds good. Too wet for much outside of well travelled fireroads tomorrow. And I'm without bashplate and bar risers let alone proper tires on the 1190 until next week.

2014 KTM Adv 1190R
2007 KTM Adv 990S Dakar 7k miles FOR SALE
2005 KTM 525 SX Supermoto/Rally
2002 KTM LC4 Supermoto (old GumbyDave-mobile)
youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:55 PM   #843
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood View Post
10am sounds good. Too wet for much outside of well travelled fireroads tomorrow. And I'm without bashplate and bar risers let alone proper tires on the 1190 until next week.
Yep, it's gonna be a twisty street ride. The Tiger is still running a street tire on the rear. Looks like the same motley crew as last time, with possibly a Multistrada in the mix if he can the bike back together tonight.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
Old 01-11-2014, 03:04 PM   #844
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer: 2,105
The Tenere is torn apart right now. The valve check turned out to be a bitch, so I'll be riding little bikes at Windy Gap tomorrow. We'll be there at 9 if anybody wants to join us.
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:07 PM   #845
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

Oddometer: 888
ABHulgan and I will be at the meeting spot 10 am sharp (ish) with Monte & Youngblood, haven't seen you guys in awhile.

Altho ~ I may park somewhere else, as Brent seems to attract the po-po's

Windy Gap ~ I'll have to be prepared to replace some parts on the bike or parts on myself. Have fun Twisty!
Old 01-11-2014, 05:15 PM   #846
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelyGrl View Post
Altho ~ I may park somewhere else, as Brent seems to attract the po-po's
I knew he was a hooligan deep down.
TBA #1001
Old 01-11-2014, 05:39 PM   #847
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

Oh you know it Twisty
Old 01-11-2014, 05:58 PM   #848
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelyGrl View Post
Oh you know it Twisty
It's always the quiet ones.
TBA #1001
Old 01-12-2014, 04:20 PM   #849
Troutrider
Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,145
Prentice Cooper

Great place if you are on horseback or on foot. The entire Forest is closed for the Winter for everyone else. We rode all the way to the back gate. Every single road is closed. Unless you are the resident ranger. Bastards. Who remembers when the State Forests used to belong to all the people of Tennessee?

Troutrider

"Ride like you want to get up and do it again tomorrow"
Troutrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:40 PM   #850
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

While Trout was busy gnashing his teeth over the road closures at Prentice Cooper, we were out having a blast on the roads. We ate a nice lunch in Tellico and then chatted with MiniMike before heading south on 68. The worst that happened was getting held up behind a funeral procession for 7 miles from Ellijay to the base of Fort Mountain. Luckily the mourners peeled off and we were able to get in a clean run up and down the Mountain into Chatsworth. Beautiful day for a ride. Thanks for joining in the fun folks.

Old 01-12-2014, 05:58 PM   #851
Troutrider
Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,145
Glad you guys had a good ride. We did get in a clean fast run up and down Suck Creek. Frosty treats outside at the Brewhaus was a nice break. Payle showed me some super twisty roads I'd never seen in North Chatt/Hixson area afterwards to finish off the day. Great weather after single digits last week!

Troutrider

"Ride like you want to get up and do it again tomorrow"
Troutrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:29 PM   #852
youngblood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
Good ride even though it was all tarmac. Got some great miles on the odo.

I'm in Suches this weekend camping with a few of my friends. May take the bike. Ah hell, I am taking the bike. Maybe I'll take the 990 and the 1190!? Anyhow.

Anybody know about this AdvRider rally in TN?
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=918277

Make plans now!

2014 KTM Adv 1190R
2007 KTM Adv 990S Dakar 7k miles FOR SALE
2005 KTM 525 SX Supermoto/Rally
2002 KTM LC4 Supermoto (old GumbyDave-mobile)
youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:21 PM   #853
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

A few pics from the Sunday ride;

The whole crew below;

We made it to Tellico Plains had lunch and 3 of us ordered Salmon patties. The Grains was closed, our only option in town was the Cafe across from Mike's place;

Fort Mtn;

Some hikers going back down the Mtn;

I'm sorry I let the guys down and didn't take any photos of the Infiniti G35. I know y'all were counting on it.

~ Tim that RDV is a huge huge huge blast of a party ........ Great riding & good people who run the show.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:00 PM   #854
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

Hey Mitch!

I hadn't had a chance to post the photos from the After Christmas ride that was soooo cold!!

Meet up in Ocoee;

I hadn't seen Ms Twisty in a long while! ;

We saw them for a minutes and then everyone rolled out pretty soon.
Abhulgan and I took the Chilhowee Mtn route and wandered on some of the dead end trails from the gravel roads atop the mountain. One of our break spots;

Then we found ourselves on Trail 81 and saw where the FS is putting in a road near the trail and well we continued on towards the end. As soon as we got this spot tho;

We took the DR's right and continued on that road and found the development of the road we had seen prior.
Brent had gotten up pretty high on the slope but the leaves and wet and momentum were not his side to complete the loop back onto Trail 81;

So he turned around, and I turned around where I was. Then we finished Trail 81 and hit some more gravel and got to the Concrete structures in the NF, it started raining on us around 1 or 2 while we were still high in the mountains. At one point we lost each other, & golly if Brent hadn't been watching me, I woulda kept on rolling!

We fussed at each other, but in the end we kept on rolling back the correct way. I lead ahead and Brent I had thought was following me, but I came to a Y and waited.

And waited .......
And waited.........

Surely he wasn't that mad at me, not to follow me

Finally he showed up, and he looked dazed to me and slow to react when I asked him which way to go. Dazed? I dismissed it as it was raining and both of us needed to get home soon, as we were still about 2/3 hours away from home.
Which we had passed right by the Gas station we were met up with the other riders, they had all booked it out long before us.
Getting to the Interstate on ramp in Cleveland, the Interstate was backing up , and we were 2 seriously wet dogs and it was really cold.

We headed home thru the Harrison Bay area and towards downtown Chatt on Aminicola Hwy.

I still didn't warm up after an hour shower and sitting in front of the wood stove.

Later, Brent was still out of it & I didn't press him on it. Then he told me he had a bad fall right after my debacle of missing the turn. Geez!!! I felt so terrible that he had an accident. His KLR had tumbled and taken a break on his side stand. He didn't feel too well the next couple of days. Goodness! You never know when things could go sooooo wrong so quickly.

He lived to tell another tale!
Old 01-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #855
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Anybody riding Sunday? If so, give a shout.