ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2014, 06:45 PM   #1021
ScenicCitySVCult
All Dangle No Angle

Oddometer: 99
Fellow Chattanoogan here, can be found riding spiritedly through the local mountains any given weekend. Prefer making 8-12 hour trips out to Deal's Gap via Cherohala Skyway though.
ScenicCitySVCult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #1022
appalachian
Ride fat boy ride

Oddometer: 247
Just some bump love for the thread, checking for signs of life.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:50 AM   #1023
MadLawDave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Wink

I've been checking and wondering if this thread still has some life! I've had the 350 exc-f on a few rides to Prentice & Houston Valley. Post up if want to ride. Thanks.
MadLawDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:27 AM   #1024
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer: 2,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadLawDave View Post
I've been checking and wondering if this thread still has some life! I've had the 350 exc-f on a few rides to Prentice & Houston Valley. Post up if want to ride. Thanks.

This thread is alive and well. We (they) have rides often, but haven't had many here lately. However, there is the Spring Beaver rally coming up soon in Murphy, NC. You can find the thread for the Spring Beaver in the Southeast regional forums. There is some awesome riding in that area and it is not far from Chattanooga.
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #1025
TN3Sport
East TN DS Rider

Oddometer: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadLawDave View Post
Its this awesome Spring weather. Everyone is out riding.
Over the last week, I've logged many miles.
200 miles off-road on XRL
400 on-road Stroming
150 off-road last night on VStrom
25 miles on MTB on two rides. Which sucked because Im fat and out of shape.

Make sure you checkout the D.O.G. forum for rides.
There's a pretty big group of riders meeting in Chattsworth tomorrow for a ride. Don't know any detail.
TN3Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:12 PM   #1026
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,062
We are going to ride the entire Cohutta loop (75+ miles of dirt) tomorrow. Meetup spot is the BP station on the corner of Ooltewah Ringgold & East Brainerd rd at 8:30. Bring a dual sport lunch (energy bars) and a Camelback full of water as we will be miles from any restaurants. We have 4 thumper riders, which means a side trip through Hell's Holler might be in order. All the relevant parties should have my cell number if you have questions.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:51 PM   #1027
youngblood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
Damn wish I was in town.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

2014 KTM Adv 1190R
2007 KTM Adv 990S Dakar 7k miles FOR SALE
2005 KTM 525 SX Supermoto/Rally
2002 KTM LC4 Supermoto (old GumbyDave-mobile)
youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:20 PM   #1028
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

We had 5 thumper riders show up for a fantastic ride today. In attendance were Madlaw Dave, Don, Rude Dude, Tracy, and me. The pace was brisk and we had a blast. Odo said 197 miles with 98 of those being dirt. Thanks guys, looking forward to the next one.

David and Rude Dude waiting for the other two to catch up at the first stop.

We were all standing around shooting the breeze when our jaws hit the floor at the sight of these two. Who says ya need a dirt bike to ride dirt roads?:loll

Rude Dude using the FS221 sign as a kickstand at the top of Thunder Rock.

The other end of Tumbling Creek road. It was closed off on the GA side, so we turned around and hauled the mail to McCaysville, GA where we ate lunch on the banks of the Ocoee River at the Riverside Cafe.

After lunch we headed up 68 to McFarland and hit the dirt roads so I could show the guys this.^

Then we rode up trail 81 going in the uphill direction, which none of us had done before.

It seems longer and just a wee bit more challenging than the usual downhill run.

Lost Creek road just before popping out onto 30.

The top of 77 Oswald Dome after Don lost his plate. Checking the bungees to make sure it was still there.

The view of Lake Ocoee as we descended Oswald Dome on the super motardy fun pavement section.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
Old 04-13-2014, 07:30 PM   #1029
SquirrelyGrl OP
Squirrely Girl

Oddometer: 888

Awesome! Great photos!
Old 04-13-2014, 10:37 PM   #1030
youngblood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
Nice!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

2014 KTM Adv 1190R
2007 KTM Adv 990S Dakar 7k miles FOR SALE
2005 KTM 525 SX Supermoto/Rally
2002 KTM LC4 Supermoto (old GumbyDave-mobile)
youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:41 PM   #1031
MadLawDave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Thanks to Monte for showing us a great ride. Had no clue where we were, but had a fantastic time. Glad we all came back in one piece. There was some serious flat track racing going on!
MadLawDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:45 PM   #1032
Fireman1000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,448
That DRZ 400SM with the 21/18 set up looks exactly like one I sold to a guy in Atlanta a few years back.
Fireman1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:27 PM   #1033
Doohickey1
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Getting Lost

Dittos on the not knowing where we were most of the time,but hey the roads gotta go somewhere. Thanks again Monte for the great ride!
Doohickey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:56 AM   #1034
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doohickey1 View Post
Dittos on the not knowing where we were most of the time,but hey the roads gotta go somewhere. Thanks again Monte for the great ride!
Thanks for joining the fun guys. It's great to have a group of riders who are on the pace so to speak. As y'all figured out, the Rude Dude doesn't wait around on others. It was impressive to see MadlawDave chase him down on his new 350. You hustled that KLR up trail 81 like a champ. When did you move to Tellico Plains? Your location confused me at first.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:20 AM   #1035
dbryan
n00b

Oddometer: 6
4/21/14

Anyone up for a last minute ride later on today around 3? Either Prentice or to Cherokee Forest?
dbryan is offline   Reply With Quote