User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
kamakaziozzy OP
3rd Wheel Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
off road sidecar ride INDIANA!!!

Short notice. I don't know if anyone else is out there? or interested? If there is anyone that has a dualsport hack, road hack that wants to see a little gravel or a little dirt or taste a little mud or drive around and see some guys climb hills on bikes and trucks. Or would like to just stop by and see my rig. I would be glad to give you a ride or let most anyone try mine out. I would love to see more sidecars around. I will be at Red Bird in Dugger Indiana tommorrow around 10:00am at the front gate. If you see me running around later and want to check it out and go for a spin just flag me down. I'm sure I'll be the only KLR/ENDURO sidecar. Would be really cool if another was there. That is why I would like to see some interest and maybe set the hook. I'll have my cell on me if I get signal. If you can't get thru send me a text. I call or text you back. Ty 812 325-9130

Just trying to spread the Fun of Hacking!!!

Here is a link to the location. http://www.redbirdsra.com/index.php?...tpage&Itemid=1

later
Kamakaziozzy
kamakaziozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:43 AM   #2
kamakaziozzy OP
3rd Wheel Adventurer

Cool2

Oops. I'm running late! I will be there around 11:00 if anyone is interested. I'm just not a morning person anymore
Old 11-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #3
kamakaziozzy OP
3rd Wheel Adventurer

Made it home in one pc. I hope no one tried to call me today. I dropped my phone on the way out and busted my screen. iphone 3. It worked for a couple hours then..nothin.. good ride, I need to find more dualsport hacks to ride with. it's kinda like a moto-x guy riding with a street guy. A sidecar guy riding with harescramble guys that like single track just don't mix well. So I rode most of the day following a four wheeler for a while then a jeep for a while but mostly did my own thing. That's all good til something like this happens.
[/IMG]
then I wish I had at least a monkey for some pushing. Knobbies woulda been nice in the slick mud on the hills. As the sun warmed up the ice on the top of the ground, it thawed out and turned to a nice snot topped slush here and there. Still had a blast. Think I'll start a Indiana Dualsport Sidecar Thread? Anyone in? Is there anyone out there? Just nod if you can hear me? Is there anyone at all?....
I can't be the only one around.
later
Kamakaziozzy
Old 10-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
kamakaziozzy OP
3rd Wheel Adventurer

Missin the 3rd wheel

Just did a google search for off road sidecars for sale and stumbled upon this thread.
I've sold all my bikes and hack's :( bought a XR650L. 2nd short ride I broke my leg. Bummer.
I'd like to find a wasp and set it up dual sport. Anyone know of any in the
States for sale?
Later
Old 10-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #5
triumphsidehack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
Off road sidehacks

We have a few hacks down in the Evansville area and are planning to add another one soon. We will be putting a off road d/s hack on a x-country BMW for back road adv's and giggles. Have a friend who has a KLR650 w/ hack an is going to do a two day dualsport ride on the 3rd of Nov with a bunch of us starting at the Flying J on I 64 & hwy 41 .Will be about 190 miles the first day and 120 miles the 2nd .

He has had it on his bike for six months now and really enjoys it. Has had it to the swinging bridge ride and other dual sport rides and seems to get along rather well with the 650 motor. I'm thinking hey " why not hack the 650 beemer with a Claude S. hack or a DMC dual sport hack and get in on the fun.

Anyway , good luck with your search and keep us posted and we will do the same.
triumphsidehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #6
kamakaziozzy OP
3rd Wheel Adventurer

Swing arm check

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphsidehack View Post
We have a few hacks down in the Evansville area and are planning to add another one soon. We will be putting a off road d/s hack on a x-country BMW for back road adv's and giggles. Have a friend who has a KLR650 w/ hack an is going to do a two day dualsport ride on the 3rd of Nov with a bunch of us starting at the Flying J on I 64 & hwy 41 .Will be about 190 miles the first day and 120 miles the 2nd .

He has had it on his bike for six months now and really enjoys it. Has had it to the swinging bridge ride and other dual sport rides and seems to get along rather well with the 650 motor. I'm thinking hey " why not hack the 650 beemer with a Claude S. hack or a DMC dual sport hack and get in on the fun.

Anyway , good luck with your search and keep us posted and we will do the same.
If y'all are into off road, I would highly recommend a dual swing arm for the sidecar. I broke 2 axels in the middle of nowhere in AZ desert with a single sided swing arm. Aggressive I am but I have fun. See kamakaziozzy goes to the city of angles. I did a lil ride report and some pics.
What hack is on your buddies KLR?
Later
Old 10-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #7
claude
Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer: 3,461
Some examples of double sided swingarms. We typically make the outside portion a bolt on. This still provideds the NEEDED support for the smaller axles and allows easy removal of the wheel if needed.

Hey kamakaziozzy HOW ARE YOU DOING?? Haven't sold your HP outfit yet? Someone should grab that soon it is a nice rig for sure

Founder: Internet Sidecar Owners Klub at SCT
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SCT/

President: C Stanley Motorsports Inc.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...rsandTrailers/

http://freedomsidecars.com/
claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #8
kamakaziozzy OP
3rd Wheel Adventurer

Busy

Howdy Claude!
I've been tooo busy!
Sold all my toys (divorce) I just haven't been on ADV in a while and still need to change my sig.
I did pick up a 2001 XR650L with low mi. 2nd ride I broke my leg :)
I'm itching to hack it. Any ideas? I loved my KLR/Off road hack rig but to much
Plastic for southern IN woods and I'd like a stronger motor. But the bigger the
Motor the heavier in the gnarly stuff. Good looking KLR rig you did there.
Later
Old 11-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #9
Pugsley/Hobbfather
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
Ds sa

Am very much in heart with the double sided Swing arm. Never has one looked so good! (in my admittedly very teeny world)
Pugsley/Hobbfather is offline   Reply With Quote