User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2009, 10:27 PM   #1
header OP
Chris

Oddometer: 1,730
fly racing enduro/rally jacket

I am in the market for a riding jacket and I happened to stumble on to this little jem...

Patrol Riding Jacket
Versatility is the key word to describe Fly Racing's Patrol Offroad Jacket. Take off the sleeves, open the vents, and organize your map and GPS in the pockets. After it gets too hot pack the whole thing into itself and wear it around your waist with the built in belt. The fabrics are light and roomy with expanding side gussets for more comfort.

Other design highlights include an expandable waist with zippers that can be opened or closed to expand the waist, a stretch collar with snap, and 900D Poly material construction, which is one of the toughest materials available. The Patrol Jacket is a perfect compliment to Fly's Patrol pants; though no matter what brand you wear the Patrol Jacket is a valuable addition to your apparel arsenal.

Features and Materials:

EXPANDABLE WAIST - zippers can be opened or closed to expand the waist. Good for casual use or rides when you will be sitting down a lot
SELF PACKING POUCH - Jacket packs into its own back pocket revealing waist straps that can be worn like a belt
1680D ELBOW PANELS - Excellent abrasion resistance protects the jacket from tearing on this high wear area
CARGO POCKETS - Perfectly located for secure easy access to your items
900D POLY MATERIAL - Used on the main body and arms, 900D is one of the toughest materials available. This jacket is built for anything the trail can dish out
ZIP OFF SLEEVES - Easy zip off sleeves pack away in the back pocket. Put them back on later when the temperature drops
DUAL FRONT ZIP VENTS - Quick front access, open and close vent zippers to get massive air flow instantly. Zippers are water resistant when closed
STRETCH COLLAR WITH SNAP - Neoprene throat with snap closure around neck. This system is comfortable and practical
REAR ZIP VENT - Large zipper vent with rain flap cover. This vent lets the hot air escape while keeping you cool and dry
DUAL MAIN ZIP - Convenient dual zipper allows the jacket to open from the bottom. This is useful during rides or casual when you sit a lot

Sizes: Adult S-3XL

$119.95

My only concern with it is sizing. I wear a pressure suit (acerbis, koerta) and I cant decide on what size to get. If anyone has any info on it please let me know, for everyone else who is looking for a jacket I doubt you can beat the price of this one!

KTM 530exc
525exc refresh
header is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #2
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,774
I have that same jacket, got it from Atomic Moto (much cheaper, btw), and it's very nice. Fits great, good in a pretty wide range of temps, and seems rugged so far.

As for fit I wear a pressure suit too and it fits my normal size (XL) over the jacket just fine, pretty much made to fit over armor, I think.

swingset is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:10 AM   #3
Garand
Keeper of Useful Sarcasms

Oddometer: 679
I too have that jacket and really like it! I wear an EVS Ballistic Jersey under it, I did NOT have to buy a size larger to make that fit.

My only complaint is they don't make it in a lighter color, black gets HOT here in Okla this time of year..
Garand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:08 AM   #4
header OP
Chris

Oddometer: 1,730
Ok, I found a sweet deal for one of these but its only a large. My pressure suit is a L/XL which would be fine I think but if I need to wear anything underneath for warmth or wear my hydration pack underneath I dont think I will have enough room.

What do you guys think, this deal is for about $50 so its really cheap; would really save me some cash.
header is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
Casejeep
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 732
does anyone have anymore experience with this jacket? i have the Cosmo pressur suit, im wondering if you need to size it up one size?
Old 11-24-2012, 06:12 AM   #6
heliyardsale
Always looking for Dirt!

Oddometer: 354
This is on sale $58 at Bike Bandit! They have some large sizes left. I scored a Red 2XL...

Heli (Doc Mike)
heliyardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:02 AM   #7
dhb400
No Regrets

Oddometer: 191
I just purchased one. I got the pants and jersey that match. Everything fits true to size and seems well designed. Price is good.

dhb400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #8
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casejeep View Post
does anyone have anymore experience with this jacket? i have the Cosmo pressur suit, im wondering if you need to size it up one size?
How do you like the Cosmo pressure suit? It is not a pain to have two pieces? Looks like it might be hot?
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #9
Casejeep
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad View Post
How do you like the Cosmo pressure suit? It is not a pain to have two pieces? Looks like it might be hot?
Its not hot at all. It rides up alittle and having 2 sets is kinda funky, but i like it overall.