ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2014, 11:44 PM   #1
AirMorgan OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Back in the Saddle

After 7 years being bikeless... I am back in the saddle. Sure feels good! Back in 2007 I sold my '06 Wee Strom (needed the money) after I changed companies. I promised myself I'd get another bike someday. Well, someday finally arrived yesterday.

Last week my 18 year old son bought a bike (2012 Triumph Daytona) so naturally I felt compelled to get one too. Yes, I told him that was too much bike for him but he's 18, knows everything, and insisted on getting it (and it's his money). On the bright side, he is an honor student, Eagle Scout, and very responsible driver (never even been pulled over). Even the siblings complain about how boring of a driver he is. So I actually trust him on the bike. It's everyone else I worry about. Motorcycle class pending!!!

Since I loved my Wee so much I went straight to the Suzuki dealer to check out the new version. I took a test ride and was in love. Took me about 4 days to talk myself (and the wife) into it. Yesterday I got a 2014 Suzuki DL650 (white). Been having tons of fun the last couple of days.

So glad to be back with the wind in my face.

Here are some recent pics.

AM

PS - If you look closely at the last picture...you'll notice the rear tire on my Wee went flat today (nail) after just 131 miles. Got it into the shop just in time to salvage the weekend. Was back riding in just 3 hours!

AirMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote