Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2014, 06:19 AM   #1
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 552
BUMOT Aluminum Luggage Systems - Now available in North America at ADV Motorrad!

ADV Motorrad is proud to announce we are the exclusive North American importer for BUMOT aluminum pannier and top box systems. BUMOT luggage is handcrafted in Bulgaria and is designed for the rider who demands the most durable and functional luggage for adventure touring. The design and testing process, build quality, use of "ADV-grade" materials, and unique features make BUMOT systems a great option for riders looking for a good balance of form, function, and value.

BUMOT systems include:
  • TIG welded construction from 2mm aluminum sheet versus 1.5mm in competing products
  • Double-layer 4mm wall construction around the entire lower edge of the pannier using techniques borrowed from the sports car and airline industry
  • Symmetrical pannier systems with exhaust cut (R1200GS, R1200GS LC, F800GS) allow for much narrower system width than asymmetrical systems
  • Fully powdercoated inside and out in your choice of silver or black - no more oxidation / black aluminum dust transfer to the contents of your pannier!
  • Friction lock hinges which allow the lid to held open anywhere in the range (versus fixed position with an add-on retention strap)
  • Heavy duty rubber gaskets and recessed opening design ensure waterproofness
  • Zinc passivated latches with a tensile strength of 1,000 pounds each
  • Included (not optional) lock cylinders, which are keyed alike for panniers, top boxes, and toolboxes (100 possible key combinations)
  • Integrated locking toolboxes (included on the R1100GS / R1150GS systems, optional on other applications) that provide additional storage secured to the pannier rack
  • Bespoke racks provide a strong, stable mounting platform and are galvanized and powdercoated for durability
  • Add-on accessories are available to easily mount Wolfman or similar soft luggage, add Rotopax fuel/water containers, and more
  • Optional Cordura pannier inner bags with YKK zippers available
BUMOT systems are relatively new to North America but have already received very positive reviews from those that have installed them. Here's a link to a product review written by a BMWMOA member that installed and put 7,000+ miles on an R1150GS system. For those wondering how durable these systems really are, make sure you read all the way to the end of the article for a real-world crash test!

BUMOT currently has pannier and top case applications for the BMW R1200GS (2004-2012), 2013+ R1200GS Liquid Cooled, 2008+ F800GS / F700GS / F650GS, R1100GS / R1150GS / Adventure, and the Yamaha XT660Z Tenere. New systems for the XT1200Z Super Tenere and KTM 1190 Adventure / R will be available by early June 2014, if not sooner.

We already have our first shipment on order and expect delivery in mid to late February, with subsequent orders being submitted to the factory on a monthly basis. If you have any questions or would like to pre-order a system, please PM us here, email us at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com, or call the shop at (585) 310-ADVM.

Thanks!

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!

rotaryracer screwed with this post 03-28-2014 at 06:25 AM
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:46 AM   #2
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

BUMOT Pannier System - R1200GS (2005-2012) - $1,024.99 -

The BUMOT system for the R1200GS (non-Adventure) includes the pannier rack, a 41L left pannier, a 45L right pannier, pre-installed pannier mounts, and all hardware required to mount to the bike. A 4.5L locking toolbox that mounts to the pannier racks and pannier inner bags are available as options to complete your system. Panniers and toolbox are available in powdercoated silver or black, and the system fits tightly to the bike, with an overall system width of 94cm (approximately 37"). Please click on any of the pictures below to be linked to our product page.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #3
See red
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
these would be great, especially with the tool box, if only.... you made them to fit my bike. There seems to be this hatred of the Tiger1050.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:19 PM   #4
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Hi See Red - I completely agree; I wish we did have an application for you. I've talked with BUMOT about Triumph-specific systems and while they very much want to offer one, there's no local Triumph dealer for them to get access to a bike to prototype the racks. If you happen to know any Triumph owners near Sofia, Bulgaria, I'm sure the BUMOT team would love to talk to them!

Thanks....

Old 02-13-2014, 01:30 PM   #5
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

BUMOT Top Case Mounting Plate - R1200GS (2005-2012) - $99.99 -

BUMOT's top case mounting plate for the R1200GS (2005-2012) is made from 3mm steel and provides quick release functionality to install a BUMOT 25L or 41L top case. All hardware to mount the top case mount to the bike, as well as mount the top case to the mounting plate is included. Available in powdercoated black.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:31 AM   #6
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

BUMOT Rack-Mounted Toolbox - R1200GS (2005-2012) - $104.99 -

The BUMOT toolbox for the 2005-2012 R1200GS adds 4.5L of lockable, dust and waterproof storage to your BUMOT pannier rack. It is made from the same 2mm aluminum as used in the BUMOT's pannier construction and fully welded. The toolbox is powdercoated inside and out in your choice of black or silver. BUMOT pannier racks are required for installation.

Dimensions of the toolbox are 25cm L x 15cm W x 12cm H (approximately 9.8" x 5.9" x 4.7").

Old 02-20-2014, 07:11 AM   #7
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Our first shipment from Bulgaria should be arriving early next week! Although some of the systems are already pre-sold, we should still have stock of systems for the F800GS / F700GS / F650GS, R1200GS, R1100GS / R1150GS, and at least one R1200GSW system. Please PM or call the shop at (585) 310-ADVM for more info!

Thanks...

Old 02-20-2014, 07:33 AM   #8
Treadless
used 2 b aventuring

Oddometer: 5,173
Hey rr what is the weight of side boxes and rack for say a R12GS? I'm not finding mention of the weight of the system.

Nice looking system and looks durable. How about crash tests how are they holding up in the real world not just in an engineers imagination?

Treadless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:29 AM   #9
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Hey Treadless! Despite the heavy duty construction and 2mm aluminum material, the BUMOT cases are probably within a few ounces of other offerings. Pannier weight will vary by size, but a 45L weighs right around 11 pounds and a set of racks is about 9 pounds.

Regarding durability and crashworthiness, a BMWMOA member unfortunately had to put them to the test on her R1150GS. You can see the full review and write-up from BMW Owners News on BUMOT panniers here, but here's the section from that article on her crash:

Quote:
Special Report – The Crash Test

As a final part of my review, I put my BUMOT bags though a crash test. Rest assured, this was not planned; but what a great opportunity to add these observations. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind about the durability and construction of these bags. Here is what happened: On a relaxed Sunday ride, I low-sided on a tight hairpin curve. This resulted in a slide down a steep ravine, which was pitted with sharp out-croppings of stone and overgrown with bramble. About 12 feet from the roadway, I came to a stop – hands still at the bars and essentially unscathed (except for my spleen, but that’s a campfire story for another time). There is no doubt that these bags protected my left leg from the jagged outcroppings and protected the bike from complete destruction. The mounting bracket for the top case had wedged into one of the buckthorn trees, which prevented me from sliding down another 50 feet. Most amazing is that the damage to the bag was negligible; there were a few minor scratches and the rubber mount on the bottom was spun around. These bags are bulletproof – even when you do something stupid. BUMOT panniers are truly a great thing for your GS.
Any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

rotaryracer screwed with this post 02-26-2014 at 03:49 AM
Old 02-22-2014, 11:24 AM   #10
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

BUMOT Pannier System - F800GS / F700GS / F650GS - $1,049.99 -

The BUMOT system for the F800GS / F700GS / F650GS includes the pannier rack, a 36L left pannier, a 40L right pannier, pre-installed pannier mounts, and all hardware required to mount to the bike. Numerous options are available to complete your system, including a 4.5L locking toolbox that mounts to the pannier racks, pannier inner bags, Rotopax mounts, and top cases and mounts. The panniers, top cases, and toolboxes are available in your choice of powdercoated black or silver. Overall system width is 101cm (approximately 39.8"). Please click on any of the pictures below to be linked to our product page.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:58 AM   #11
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

BUMOT Top Case Mount - F800GS / F700GS / F650GS - $74.99 -

The top case mounting plate for the F800GS / F700GS / F650GS is made from 3mm steel and provides quick release functionality to install a BUMOT 25L or 41L top case. All hardware to mount the top case mount to the bike, as well as mount the top case to the mounting plate is included. Powdercoated black. Please click on any of the pictures below to be linked to our product page.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:25 AM   #12
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

BUMOT Rotopax Mounting Brackets - F800GS / F700GS / F650GS - $28.99 (Each) -

The BUMOT Rotopax mounting brackets for the F800GS / F700GS / F650GS will allow you to add fuel or water Rotopax container to your BUMOT pannier rack. The bracket is made of 2mm aluminum and installs easily using the included hardware; however, the Rotopax mount itself is not included. BUMOT pannier racks are required for installation. Powdercoated black, and sold separately for right and left side. Please click on any of the pictures below to be linked to our product page.

Old 02-26-2014, 03:47 AM   #13
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

BUMOT Rack-Mounted Toolbox - F800GS / F700GS / F650GS - $104.99 -

The BUMOT toolbox for the F800GS / F700GS / F650GS adds 4.5L of lockable, dust and waterproof storage to your BUMOT pannier rack. It is made from the same 2mm aluminum as used in the BUMOT's pannier construction and fully welded. The toolbox is powdercoated inside and out in your choice of black or silver. BUMOT pannier racks are required for installation.

Dimensions of the toolbox are 25cm L x 15cm W x 12cm H (approximately 9.8" x 5.9" x 4.7").

Old 02-26-2014, 04:15 AM   #14
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

The shipment has arrived from Bulgaria, inventory is complete, and all pre-orders have shipped!

It's tough to convey through pictures, but I think these might be the one of the world's best kept secrets for ADV pannier systems. BUMOT has really nailed the clean, functional aesthetic and the build quality will blow you away. I've been asked to get some detailed pictures of the reinforced lower construction and will get them posted up as soon as I can. The doubled floor construction adds substantial support all the way around the perimeter of the pannier, and is one of the reasons why these cases feel as sturdy as they do.

We have the systems listed below in stock in New York, and will be working on our next order to place with BUMOT on or about 3/15. If you don't see what you need below and would like to get a system pre-ordered, please let me know and we'll be happy to get you setup.I also have top case mounts in stock for the F800GS / F700GS / F650GS, R1200GS (Pre-2013) and R1100GS / R1150GS, as well as 25L and 41L top cases.

Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Old 02-26-2014, 07:46 PM   #15
Rharrod
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Anything coming for the Tiger 800 ?