Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 12:21 AM   #106
fireman297
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Sent you a PM pilot. Looking forward to hearing back. I love the light and great job hooking everyone up.
fireman297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #107
pilot3 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman297 View Post
Sent you a PM pilot. Looking forward to hearing back. I love the light and great job hooking everyone up.
PM sent
pilot3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #108
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,548
I just wanted to say thanks & post this pic. This was taken with the key on. It's obvious how much brighter pilot3's light is even before you hit the brakes. Thanks pilot3

Old 01-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #109
pilot3 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Latest batch shipping out today!

I am shipping the last group this afternoon to:

Dirtmonkey8
backwoodsKLR
SteveL
Meles meles
Vzuke
JWalton
Beavers
rfmorris

FYI for the next buyers: When I picked up the light assemblies for the above group, I was told there was a 2013 price increase of $4 so for future purchases, the new price will be $124.

Here is the start of the next group:

andykeck

p3
Old 01-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #110
Beavers
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Installed mine tonight.

I have to say I'm impressed with the quality...and the thing is bright as hell
Beavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #111
Vzuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Another bike lighting the way.

I installed mine today. Very easy to install. Making a channel for the wire was the most difficult part. And by difficult I mean not very. I didn't have a Moto Tool handy so I just used a rat tail file. Doesn't take much filing on the lip to give the wire some clearance.

I didn't even bother fiddling with that white connector clip. Once you stuff all those wires back down in there, they aren't going anywhere. I guess you could wrap a tie wrap around them all if you were worried.

One of these days I'm going to remove that brace that separates the "storage" area from the rear section. That's valuable storage space back there! You would have to relocate that one electronic doohickey though. It has "UP" embossed on the top so I'm assuming that is the tip over/shut off device? I also wonder if it has to remain in that same left/right posture. If you turned it 90 degrees and mounted it to the side then did a wheelie or a stoppie, would the bike shut down? Sorry, just thinking out loud.

I mounted my light a little different. I trimmed a 1/2" wide piece of 3M foam tape down to about 3/8" and ran it over the entire length of the light. I went ahead and installed the light with the rubber gasket just showing from the top. Then put the stock light back in. I do have faith in the 3M tape on a smooth surface but I'm leery of that rough plastic. I'll give it a try. You do have an option of making an aluminum L bracket and mounting the light with some hardware. The LED light chassis has two threaded holes in the back of it. If I had an XC and was going to be bouncing down a trail I might think about that.

I forgot about the feature of the momentary pulsing light once you apply the brake. It does get your attention. Did anyone mention this sucker is BRIGHT!?

Vzuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #112
pilot3 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I will assure you that the 3M adhesive will not come off under any riding conditions. It is over 50# psi of holding strength. As long as you prepped the areas clean, you will be hard pressed to even pull it off by hand.

Glad you got it all set up. Enjoy!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:09 PM   #113
pilot3 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Next group buy for the Tiger brake light

Everyone from the last groups has been delivered so I am ready to start another batch. I got some PM's with requests and a few people missed out on the last one. Post up or PM me and I'll start the next list.

p3
Old 01-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #114
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,439
I'm in...

Pilot,
Put me down for one. I don't do Pay Pal but when the time comes just PM me your address and I will send another form of payment.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #115
pilot3 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by burmbuster View Post
Pilot,
Put me down for one. I don't do Pay Pal but when the time comes just PM me your address and I will send another form of payment.

Thanks
The list has started. I will probably close this order out around the middle of February.

burmbuster

p3
Old 01-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #116
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot3 View Post
The list has started. I will probably close this order out around the middle of February.

burmbuster

p3
Perfect timing. I plan on doing my turn signals about that time as well. Thanks for sharing the great product!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:25 AM   #117
JWalton
How do I wheelie?

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Everyone from the last groups has been delivered...
p3
Thanks! Awesome kit!!
Old 01-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #118
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,290
Finally got time to install this item...

Only took a trip to Lowe's and an extra set of hands! . Trip to lowes was for a magnet to get the dropped screw, you know the one you warn us about in the instructions! Got it all back together and rode over to a friends house just after dark. He walked up as I parked and yelled, "That brake light is obnoxious and I LIKE IT!!!"
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:45 PM   #119
pilot3 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Finally got time to install this item...

Only took a trip to Lowe's and an extra set of hands! . Trip to lowes was for a magnet to get the dropped screw, you know the one you warn us about in the instructions! Got it all back together and rode over to a friends house just after dark. He walked up as I parked and yelled, "That brake light is obnoxious and I LIKE IT!!!"
Ok while doing an install of a PDM60 I did this which opens up the area where the screw falls. . Remove the license plate and that will expose 2 bolts. Remove those bolts and the two vertical bolts directly above the rear tire and that bottom plate comes right out. Faster to get the dropped screw than magneting for it.

Glad everyone is liking the light.

p3
Old 01-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #120
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,290
Quote:
Ok while doing an install of a PDM60 I did this which opens up the area where the screw falls. . Remove the license plate and that will expose 2 bolts. Remove those bolts and the two vertical bolts directly above the rear tire and that bottom plate comes right out. Faster to get the dropped screw than magneting for it.

Glad everyone is liking the light.

p3
We had claw and magnet and had zero trouble getting it with magnet. Great product and great instructions!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote