User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
okennon OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Gerbings out of stock

Anyone have some insight as to why Gerbings would be out of stock of many sizes of their very popular jacket liners?
Wow ...with Xmas coming and cool/cold weather already here that sucks. They did say by the end of Nov. We'll see !
okennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
Railbender
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,017
They are popular and people are buying them for Xmas!

Have you checked with various stocking dealers or just Gerbing's?

Old 11-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
GerbingsGuy
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Understand where you're coming from. Demand has been higher than ever (incredibly so), and it's put a temporary hurt on supply (our decision to make our Jacket, Vest and Pant Liners in the USA has been a HUGE success, with the results you cite). Who'd have thought there'd be this much growth in this sluggish economy, but there you have it. And believe me no one hates being sold out more than we do. I can tell you our factory is running two shifts to get caught up, and to make sure we get products into our dealers' hands with all due speed.

We appreciate you choosing Gerbing's. Like you, we know that the smooth even heat, the Thinner/Lighter/Strong/Faster advantages of Microwire, and our world-class Gerbing's customer service are all things you'll be grateful to have on your side for many years. Just a few more weeks now, the heat will be here, and all will be right with the world.

GerbingsGuy screwed with this post 11-02-2012 at 03:59 PM
GerbingsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 1,954
Hey GerbingsGuy, are you like an ADV contact for the manufacturer? I have a question about mine and was going to contact customer service Monday, is that the best way to go?

Thanks,

Craig
PMR
PineyMountainRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:03 PM   #5
GerbingsGuy
n00b

First, our Customer Service team is the best in the industry. They know their stuff and they're exceptionally helpful. You can contact them at 800.646.5916. Or, if you prefer, you can ask me a question here.

I'm on a lot of boards, so it might take me a moment or three to answer you. But I'm also on late at night sometimes, so you might get an answer when the rest of the world is closed for the evening.

What's your question?
Old 11-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #6
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....

Oddometer: 1,954
I've been a Gerbing user for almost 10 years, they are awesome. I almost feel like I'm cheating when I wear them. I just got back from NC and rode everyday the last 2 weeks! I just got a newer microwire model and had a question, I'll send you a PM.

Thanks!

PMR
PineyMountainRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #7
MuddySump
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
man...all that build up and we're not gonna see the question

www.youtube.com/muddysump
MuddySump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #8
VStromTom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,579
Not a question, just a bitch! People are clueless about inventory control and availability, just like the OP. Gets really tedious to hear that kind of complaint.
VStromTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:24 AM   #9
BigChris99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by VStromTom View Post
Not a question, just a bitch! People are clueless about inventory control and availability, just like the OP. Gets really tedious to hear that kind of complaint.

Really? How was the OP supposed to know what Gerbings inventory was like? Yeah, maybe he complained a little, so

what? Didn't sound like a bitch to me. And, his question was answered in a timely, courteous fashion. Now we all know

what's going on with Gerbings inventory. Did you?

IBA#7849

1997 Honda Valkyrie, 1998 Kawasaki KLR 650
BigChris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:28 AM   #10
okennon OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Thank you Gerbings guy

I was not bitching because I already own a vest and wanted to upgrade to a jacket...so I'm warm.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. The company Email reciept only mentioned you were out of stock and not an explanation. So thanks...a warm devotee
okennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:09 AM   #11
GerbingsGuy
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by okennon View Post
I was not bitching because I already own a vest and wanted to upgrade to a jacket...so I'm warm.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. The company Email reciept only mentioned you were out of stock and not an explanation. So thanks...a warm devotee
Glad to be of service. It's something we at Gerbing's take great pride in.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:34 AM   #12
Xeraux
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,893
When are you guys going to stop claiming your gloves are "waterproof" and adjust the language to "water resistant"?

Thousands of little holes in untaped seams isn't "waterproof" by anyone's standard.

Yes, yes... I know you're saying only the liner material is "waterproof". But it's not really. The seams aren't taped. I and many others took the "Waterproof/windproof/breathable Aquatex® liner" to mean that the gloves have a "waterproof liner" and are indeed "waterproof".

I think you should make it clear on the product page that the gloves will leak if exposed to anything more than a light rain.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Xeraux screwed with this post 11-03-2012 at 06:42 AM
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #13
Spummerr
Voyager

Oddometer: 32
Gerbings gear is well worth waiting for. What's a few weeks!!
Spummerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #14
dmftoy1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
The T5's I bought explicitly stated that the gloves are not waterproof and to spray them with water repellant if you'll be riding in the wet. So looks like they already are!?!?
dmftoy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #15
tshelver
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux View Post
When are you guys going to stop claiming your gloves are "waterproof" and adjust the language to "water resistant"?

Thousands of little holes in untaped seams isn't "waterproof" by anyone's standard.

Yes, yes... I know you're saying only the liner material is "waterproof". But it's not really. The seams aren't taped. I and many others took the "Waterproof/windproof/breathable Aquatex® liner" to mean that the gloves have a "waterproof liner" and are indeed "waterproof".

I think you should make it clear on the product page that the gloves will leak if exposed to anything more than a light rain.
I had that experience with two (older) sets of Gerbings gloves. And a few other non-heated 'waterproof' gloves. The membrane helps, but the glove outside of that will just fill up with water over time.
So far, the best have been a set of Held 'winter' gloves which are no longer imported, but even they will start to clammy and get wet after a while, and they cost me more than the Gerbings heated gloves.

And you can spray with all the waterproof spray you like, IMHO nearly all 'waterproof' gloves don't have much chance to stay waterproof, by design.
Just too many seams and openings where water can get in.
The other big issue is the glove / jacket interface, that is where I've experienced the biggest leaks, and by design, it seems most gloves are engineered to look good and be comfortable in dry weather, not to work well with a waterproof jacket.

The heated gloves can be nice, if run on their own controller (the way I layer, they are always too cold if connected to a jacket), but 99% of the time they are just too fiddly to use.

BTDT, now I rely on heated grips and good all-weather or winter gloves .
I have a set of well-designed snowmobile gloves, that used as designed

with heated grips, are more comfortable than my Gerbings, and keep my hands warmer and dryer.

But when conditions are really nasty out, nothing beats a set of hippo hands or similar, along with heated grips.
'06 Husky TE610 (gone)
tshelver is offline   Reply With Quote