Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012, 03:33 AM   #16
Elenore OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
@ marty hill and RonS: The picture you are referring to is "Lago Molveno" a lake near by Lago di Garda. Molveno is in the north of Riva del Garda, west of Trento. Arround of Lago di Garda are hundreds of little lakes - some of than fairly unknown and therfore wonderfull empty. My favourit in that area are Lago di Lagolo and Lago Santo, both north/east of Lago di Garda.
The only picture wich was taken at Lago di Garda is this:
Elenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #17
marty hill
The Energizer Bunny

Oddometer: 4,136
Thank you.

Semper Paratus
marty hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #18
HaDiHu
n00b

Oddometer: 3
End of first part - Pula/Istrien(Croatia)

Hi everybody.........
this is Hans-Dieter and I like to tell you something, too.
It is so great to travel with Julia and I think after one week together on our bikes we are shure that all our stuff, including our bikes (and more....) are ready for the great adevnture in 2013. Julia is so wonderfull and we had lots of fun.

After one week we arrived the south point of the peninsula "Istrien" near Pula. Blue water, nice "roads" and friends waiting to us......and a week on a sailing boat.

and you know what happens if you are driving to fast thruogh a switch back? Lots of FUN!!!!!!

HaDiHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #19
Elenore OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Sailing away,,,

Ok ... this is about riding your bike! I know! But since we rode to Croatia to go sailing, I'll at least show some pics !!!

Sailing was great! We were on a 44 ft boat with 7 persons. Great fun, great time, great weather....
And when we started to sail, we didn't really know where to put oure packed bikes for one week... the Croations showed us how friendly they were with bikers. Usually it cost you 100 Euros to leave your car at the marina for one week. We were hoping, that we could put our bikes on one of the parkingslot and therefore only pay 100 Euro for two bikes. They thought us better: People from Croatia like bikers - they told us to pass next to the bar and just park our bikes almost next to the boats...we didn't have to pay nothing and our bikes were save for the week. Thank you Croatia!!!

Elenore screwed with this post 11-11-2012 at 10:46 AM Reason: Tippfehler
Old 11-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #20
izzyblue
LOST

Oddometer: 61
Hi

Ich bin so glucklich das sie verliebt Sind. Wir Lebin in Ventura, California andwurden Unser vergnugen sein,sie fur das mittagessen or a beer kommen zu lassen...Prost,

Sorry my German sucks...they can take the girl out of Germany but they can't take the German out of the girl!

Have fun...

~ Nancy

A Roadie in motion

izzyblue screwed with this post 11-11-2012 at 08:52 PM
izzyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:08 AM   #21
bobw
Harden the phuck up

Oddometer: 856
Great ride and photos! The sailing just adds to the whole trip.

Congratulations to you both on the relationship and good luck preparing for the big adventure
bobw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #22
Elenore OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Das Glück bevorzugt den, der vorbereitet ist :)

Hallo Nancy,

wie schön wieder von dir zu lesen - in deutsch!

That would be great - we'll meet irl !!
@ Bob: Thank you for the support!!

So, now I'll go on and I'll tell you what happend after we came back to the marina:

After one week with your friends on a boat you're kind of happy to go on. We packed and left direction south - right along the croation coast.
We stopped in Senj. And I was confused....I kind of knew the surrounding. Now, I've never been in that part of Croatia. When we saw the castle I knew it. There was a kids movie out when I was a little girl ( yeah early 1800...) it was called: " Die Rote Zora" They made that movie right there and somehow I felt home, I felt like I fitted in there....

Because we liked the countryside, we decided to build up our "Basecamp".
A little very basic Camping Place outside of Senj:

Elenore screwed with this post 11-12-2012 at 01:55 PM
Old 11-14-2012, 03:02 AM   #23
Elenore OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Plitvicer Waterfalls

It was wonderfull to ride the bikes without lugage. We made day trips and had a look at many different countrysides. Croatia is great for bikeriding. The streets up in the hills are very good, with lots of grip. They also have thousands of gravel roads and dirttracks....

Very pretty are the Plitvicer Waterfalls. They are famous and lots of tourists are arround. But that didn't matter to us. Again we noticed how friendly the people were. We did not have to pay for parking the bikes, they stored our helmets and stuff for free and we stayed 4 houres instead of 1 to have a look at the nature. Those coulors were amazing!!

On our way back to the basecamp - Hans-Dieter was riding in front - in one of the many switchbacks a car came frontal on Hans-Dieters lane.
That car crashed into him head-on. Hans-Dieter managed to lay the bike on the side and kind of jumped away.

So at least only the bike crashed with te car and Hans-Dieter could glide over the tarmac....

Old 11-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #24
bobw
Harden the phuck up

Oddometer: 856
Doesn't sound good, hope injury and motorcycle damage are minor.
bobw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #25
Blader54
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
Sorry to hear about the crash! I hope Hans-Dieter is okay...maybe just some scrapes from sliding the tarmac, eh? But what of the bike....and your vacation? Both ruined? I hope not. Wishing Hans-Dieter a speedy recovery!
Blader54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #26
HaDiHu
n00b

Oddometer: 3
only minor injuries

I`m fine!

The accident wasn`t that strong, just a few bruises at the shoulder, hip and leg. Not so bad.....
Most I was worried about my bike.....but it is an excellent bike, even stronger than a car.
I found just a few scratches at the crash bar - but thats what it is for.
Also damaged were the saddlebag, the exhaust pipe and my clothes. But funny was the whole situation....the car (not from croatia, it was from slovenia) was driven by an american guy from Arizona and nobody realy knew where we were, somewhere in the dark forests of croatia on a street which turned to gravel road a few km before and later....
I never thought to get any mony to replace the damage. But I was wrong, we both found a compromise and he paid a part of the damage......nice guy!

After this we thought about some distraction. We wanted to do Off-Road.......we found nice places.......

but we decided to ride on regular roads again........
HaDiHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #27
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,084
Mines!!!

Good choice to stay on tarmac

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #28
Schelbi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 186
It's good to hear that it's not as bad as it sounded in Julias post before.
1985 Honda XL600LM 1988 Honda NX650
1989 Honda XL600V Transalp 1992 Honda XRV750 SW-Motec 1995 Husqvarna TE610
Schelbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:18 AM   #29
Elenore OP
Gnarly Adventurer

wild life

Again: after all we are really glad, that the accident wasn't so bad, that Ross payed for the damage and that we were abel to ride on. We only had one more night in Croatia, than we had to get started for the way back...

Here some wild life we met on the way:

Elenore screwed with this post 11-17-2012 at 02:21 AM Reason: more wild life
Old 11-17-2012, 02:41 AM   #30
Elenore OP
Gnarly Adventurer

the way back

Next morning we packed slowly, 'cause hans-Dieters shoulder hurted and than we started our way back to Germany. We went through Slovenia. Very nice - not at all as I thought. Ljubiliana was very clean, with old buildings and beautifull places. Unfortunately we didn't have enough time...
We went through Slovenia within few hours and came into Austria. ' Cause Hans-Dieter' shoulder and back started to hurt more wen wanted to spend the night in sauna and a hotel. Because he knew Autria we were trying to get to Bad Gastein.
It was a long day riding - especially because we did not use the highways, but it was worth it. We found a cheap and nice little hotel and we spend that evening in the sauna, which was very good.

Only to days more left. From Austria we went to Germany an stayed one more night near by Munich. My sister lifes there an so we were abel to combine familyvisits with vacation.
From Mur am See (near Munich) we went on north - direction north... here is a picture of our last camping place -

...so sad... our vacation was coming to an end.
After all... we were glad, that everything was great - camping gear - bikes - getting along together....
The futer looks bride and we are so much looking forward to our next adventure!