User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
mymgbgt OP
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Into Mexico Nov.20,Eagle Pass to Belize

Looking for additional travellers crossing at Eagle Pass or Laredo aiming South. Flexible as to route, would consider central or go over to the Coast and south. I would like to have company for all or some of the way to Belize.

I drive a modest KLR650, speak a little(minimal) Spanish, have driven all Baja both on and off road, and have been to many areas in Mexico. I have been there 7 or 8 times in the past 15 years including a week in Mexico City and area.

Would like to enter Mexico around Tuesday 20 Nov.
mymgbgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
Craneguy
British Hooligan

Oddometer: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymgbgt View Post
Looking for additional travellers crossing at Eagle Pass or Laredo aiming South. Flexible as to route, would consider central or go over to the Coast and south. I would like to have company for all or some of the way to Belize.

I drive a modest KLR650, speak a little(minimal) Spanish, have driven all Baja both on and off road, and have been to many areas in Mexico. I have been there 7 or 8 times in the past 15 years including a week in Mexico City and area.

Would like to enter Mexico around Tuesday 20 Nov.
Contact MikeMike if you're heading down the east coast. He's an invaluable source for local knowledge.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
0theories
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Right place wrong time...

I'm heading down to CA through Mexico on my KLR as well, but I doubt I could be at the border by the 20th. I'm thinking of leaving Oregon sometime around then (still on the east coast now) and stopping in Phoenix to see a friend for a bit. Maybe change my tires out there... Do some warm weather riding through the desert. Would love to follow your ride report, get a head's up for what I'm in for :) If your plan changes and you're leaving later, I AM looking for riding buddies as well, at least through Mexico...
0theories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
nupit
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
I'm planning on leaving for Central America late Nov., early Dec, and would like to find riding partner(s). I was thinking of going down Baja, and crossing on the ferry.(I'm in So. California).
nupit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
nupit
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
PS.
I'm bringing a tent and bag, but someone wants to split room costs, that would work too....
Mark/DR650
nupit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:06 AM   #6
the maestro
Mountain Biker

Oddometer: 9
I'll be crossing over into baja next week. I won't be in eastern/southern Mexico until roughly mid-December, but if you're continuing on to Belize or further, perhaps we'll meet up along the way. Check out "baja...and beyond" thread for my details.
the maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #7
0theories
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Facebook coordination...

Hi,

I made a facebook page (I know, I know...) so that those of us heading down about the same time and place could coordinate. I'm seeing like 5 or 6 of these threads going at once and it's hard to keep them all straight. Join it here:

http://www.facebook.com/AdVriderWint...MexicoAndSouth
0theories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:56 PM   #8
pasomonte
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Crossing at Eagle Pass ~ 12/3/12 AM

I'm heading down to the Mundo Maya via SLPotosi, Merida etc. eventually on to Panama and SA. . Hit me up and I'll give you my spot page. I'm riding a BMW 650 single w knobbies and light baggage. Hasta Pronto
pasomonte is offline   Reply With Quote