Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Alaska
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #31
Brendon@TMS
The Motorcycle Shop

Oddometer: 255
Let me get this straight, you have been to our shop only once and have no experience with us regarding warranty, yet you're passing judgement and telling me how to deal with warranties? Interesting.

This is a public forum so I am always careful as to what to post. Warranty has underlying rules, but it is always case by case. There are always exceptions. Hell, every warranty we've submitted barring a couple cases, have been outside of the norm.

Alaska is outside of the norm, we realize that, and BMW recognizes our situation as well.

And I can't tell you how many 05-6 12GS rear ends we warrantied, LOTS. I agree, interesting concept, terrible in real life application. Every one that came into our shop busted left in working order. The only way to "fix" those old sealed units was to install a brand new complete final drive, and that's what we did.

That's it, I'm done here. If you'd like to chat further you've got every means of getting a hold of me.
Facebook! facebook.com/themotorcycleshopak
Brendon@TMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #32
GRIZ
COMMANDANT

Oddometer: 1,059
QUOTE=Brendon@TMS;20092297]Let me get this straight, you have been to our shop only once and have no experience with us regarding warranty, yet you're passing judgement and telling me how to deal with warranties? Interesting.

This is a public forum so I am always careful as to what to post. Warranty has underlying rules, but it is always case by case. There are always exceptions. Hell, every warranty we've submitted barring a couple cases, have been outside of the norm.

Alaska is outside of the norm, we realize that, and BMW recognizes our situation as well.

And I can't tell you how many 05-6 12GS rear ends we warrantied, LOTS. I agree, interesting concept, terrible in real life application. Every one that came into our shop busted left in working order. The only way to "fix" those old sealed units was to install a brand new complete final drive, and that's what we did.

That's it, I'm done here. If you'd like to chat further you've got every means of getting a hold of me.[/QUOTE]
Old 11-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #33
KHuddy
Big Sky Country

Oddometer: 2,671
What the heck, I'm home with little to do and I don't want to disappoint Griz, so I'll fire another salvo in our little battle of tea cups.

Brendon, I took care not to mention The Motorcycle Shop in my comments. I've only set foot in the place once and by all accounts the local riders think well of the business. I have no opinion to render. My comments are directed at you and you alone. Why? You were dismissive and in my view demeaning in responding to Friar's comments. (Were it not for Mike's delicate porcelin-like feelings I'm sure he would have responded himself.) You responded to my post in a dismissive manner as well. You posted total unadulterated crap about warranty laws, and then go on to say you are always careful as to what you post. Most of what you post appears to me to be straight from the hip when the subject strays far from sales.

And yes, I am passing judgement and telling you do not know how to deal with warranties, if you in fact believe what you "carefully" posted about BMW "warranty laws."

I think it is a good thing that you and other business people are visable on this forum, but the others seem to know where the line is when it comes to talking out their area of expertise.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #34
friar mike
IronButtGruver

Oddometer: 4,909
You are doing just fine Kevin I have to live here.
Good-Bad-Iam the guy with the gun "evil dead"
God's speed Rommel run free my dog
friar mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #35
Andrewmc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHuddy View Post
And yes, I am passing judgement and telling you do not know how to deal with warranties, if you in fact believe what you "carefully" posted about BMW "warranty laws."
Been to shop once. Never had anything warranteed, even wile possessing a (probably) warranteeable motorcycle. Passing judgement.

Quote:
I think it is a good thing that you and other business people are visable on this forum, but the others seem to know where the line is when it comes to talking out their area of expertise.
Outside of expertise. Brendon works at a BMW dealership.
Quote:
What the heck, I'm home with little to do and I don't want to disappoint Griz, so I'll fire another salvo in our little battle of tea cups.
Doesn't live in Alaska anymore. Still feels need to stir up an argument in a thread about oil weight instead of sending one PM.

I see.

The Motorcycle Shop
907-561-1165

Andrewmc screwed with this post 11-22-2012 at 09:59 PM
Andrewmc is offline   Reply With Quote