User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
KingOfFleece OP
SplitWeight(tm)

Oddometer: 707
review and ASV member special

Comment - I purchased one of your seat covers this summer for my Triumph Tiger 1050. Not only was it great during rainstorms in keeping things dry it also made riding more comfortable. It seemed like a gel seat with the cover over my sheepskin pad. Plus I could move around on the seat - greatly improving ridability. Thanks for saving my butt. Rich Williamsville, NY

OK-got this customer comment on my web site today. Product info. at www.kingoffleece.com.

Check the vender section for a special for ADV forum menbers.

Jim
product rated 5 out of 5 stars June 2012 MotorCycle Consumer News.

KingOfFleece screwed with this post 11-04-2012 at 03:42 AM
KingOfFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:55 AM   #2
KingOfFleece OP
SplitWeight(tm)

9 (nine?!) page review at www.webbikeworld.com under the seat section. Full back story there as well.

THX very much to those who ordered.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
KingOfFleece OP
SplitWeight(tm)

Two Russell owners purchased.

Thank you!

KoF
Old 12-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,347
Hey there, have any pictures of your cover on a non smooth seat like maybe a Russel or a Corbin with a higher pillion seat? Will there be a floppy\baggy gap or is the rider section a tighter fit?

Here is a picture of my corbin (before it got ripped to shreds from daily wear and tear). Corbin wants a ridiculous sum of money for a recover, I could buy a second hand one in perfect shape for less. I think one of your covers would be a perfect choice here.

Also, I think this would be awesome on a velour Russel seat like this one (which I am terrified to actually use and leave on the bike).

While I'm here, here is my leather Russel seat.

HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #5
KingOfFleece OP
SplitWeight(tm)

Here's what happens: on a low profile seat the cover simply hugs the seat. On a high profile seat and/or one with a deep dish to it the cover will "span" the seat. It will be smooth and tight to look at and when the rider sits down it will stretch. You'll never even know it's there. The ability of the fabric to stretch and conform is really fantastic. Unlike other "baggie" style covers there will be no bunched-up fabric under your seating area which may very well cause discomfort.

As for the big Russell seats, again, the ability to stretch makes covering these to protect them an easy task.

Thanks for the interest. As I've mentioned here in the past, Russell and Corbin owners are my top two customers. Please take a look at the testimonials at the web site. These are posted just as they arrive-I don't edit one word or correct grammer/spelling. It's customer feedback in their own words.

KoF