Husqvarna Strada vs BMW G650 X Country

Both bikes seem similar, thoughts?
catneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
Butters
. . . . . .

Oddometer: 2,305
Here's my thoughts: You're right.

Seriously though, they are very similar. The Husky gets a few more horsepower but gains 50 pounds. But it is still almost the identical drivetrain. You can buy the Husky new and I'm pretty sure the X-Country has been out of production for a couple years (though some may still have some time left on their 3 year warranty).

I really like my X-Challenge. I mean REALLY like it. But I was never crazy about the looks of of the X-Country. I really liked the idea behind it and it looks like a blast. But for me there was always something feminine about it. But like the Strada, it seems like a versatile bike.

I might be a little concerned about this being the Husky's first year of production and there being some little bugs. But since this bike is so similar to the G650X bikes, hopefully a lot of the growing pains got worked out during that production run. (for the record, my G650X has been flawless except for the bad battery).

I can't really imagine somebody who likes the looks of both ever regretting getting on over the other. They're just so similar.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
catneck OP
Rabid Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 306
I like the lower seat height vs the X Challenge or X Moto. Agree the X Country looks awkward. I have seen a few with a high front fender, that seems to make a big difference. The lower 09 seems more feminine to me.
Read the fuel range on the BMW is 120 miles, any idea on the Husky?
Might boil downs to price point or new vs used.
Seen gently used X Countries (none under warranty) for $5k, the new Strada is $7500.
catneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:49 AM   #4
Muug
Muug

Oddometer: 34
I have been asking Google for days if it could point me to webpages comparing both Strada/Terra with XCountry and finally it came up with this old topic. I'm really getting impressed as it seems nobody in the whole wide world ever tried to compare these two bikes. Yes I find lots of topics and info about the one, and also about the other, but I can't find any site which does an indepth test, onroad and offroad. If you know of such a review, feel free to point to it.