Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #271
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanviking View Post
Just ordered a kit to fit on my 1200 GS LC. I also think the round version looks better.

Will put some pictures up when I have received them (soon I hope )
Thank You
Going out Today!
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #272
obnoxious2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
Find a place with a wall like the side of a building or something. Get back about 100 ft and use the wall to see exactly where your lights are aiming. Use the 20 towards the bottom(fill) and the 10 for the distance.
You have far more light than stock and should be able to get a really good pattern. I wouldn't think you would need anymore. Of course I'm happy to set you up with another light, but I dont want to see you spend more than you need to.
Mounting another below the current two might work?

On another note we set your bike up to operate with no switches other than stock, How did that all work out?
I'm pretty sure I ordered and have two 20 degrees. Bike works great with the harness wired directly to my H4! I only wish there was a way to make the passing flasher button work to highbeam also but like you mentioned that button keeps the low beam on while also activating the high beam.
obnoxious2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #273
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnoxious View Post
I'm pretty sure I ordered and have two 20 degrees. Bike works great with the harness wired directly to my H! I only wish there was a way to make the passing flasher button work to high beam also but like you mentioned that button keeps the low beam on while also activating the high beam.
Thats right you did go with the 20's. With a very custom wiring setup.
Since these are aux lights we never anticipated riders using them as a headlight system. I like it
You could set up a flash to pass by doing a bit of wiring and making the stock switch momentary off when its pushed via running power threw the switch when its on low.You would need a normally closed switch.
IMO probably not worth the effort. But It may be an option for you.
We are looking at other dimmers that may do more, Ill let you know if we find something that will flash the lights.
1-800-624-0278
Old 04-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #274
pfdskipper
Westside Trash

Oddometer: 1,003
Great customer service!!

I have the helmet mounted hid light sold by Darryl. I had a nagging issue with the light suddenly going dark, then refiring. I called Darryl, he quickly diagnosed possible cause and had a replacement cord in the mail immediately. I was just about to pull my tank and dig into the electrics, Darryl convinced me to hold off.

Part arrived in a couple of days, plugged it in and shazaam, problem solved. Saved me a shit-load of time and frustration.

Nice to have a no hassle, after purchase support system like the one at Cyclops Motorsports!!

Thanks Darryl!!
pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #275
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfdskipper View Post
I have the helmet mounted hid light sold by Darryl. I had a nagging issue with the light suddenly going dark, then refiring. I called Darryl, he quickly diagnosed possible cause and had a replacement cord in the mail immediately. I was just about to pull my tank and dig into the electrics, Darryl convinced me to hold off.

Part arrived in a couple of days, plugged it in and shazaam, problem solved. Saved me a shit-load of time and frustration.

Nice to have a no hassle, after purchase support system like the one at Cyclops Motorsports!!

Thanks Darryl!!
Thank You
Im glad the issue was the power cord.
Although we try our best, sometimes things do go south. Its Nice to hear that someone appreciates our commitment to the customer.
1-800-624-0278
Old 04-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #276
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Round are in.

Now the best value in Auxiliary lighting is available in a Round case.
Some should be showing up on doorsteps today
Here is a link to the new Round Long Range LED's
Thanks everyone

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=products&id=188
1-800-624-0278
Old 04-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #277
AndyM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 330
The only thing that's kept me from going with LEDs is the lack of throw. How do these light compare to something like the Future Vision FV-90s or the Hella FF50s for range?
AndyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #278
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
The only thing that's kept me from going with LEDs is the lack of throw. How do these light compare to something like the Future Vision FV-90s or the Hella FF50s for range?
Thats long been an issue with LED Aux lights, The Long Range LED's will outshine a scmr16 HID, To my knowledge the longest throw auxiliary HID available.
These are a game changer in LED technology. No other LED Auxiliary light compares in distance and throw. when you consider that these only draw 10 watts each, it really is very impressive.
I can"t comment on the future vision or Hella since I have not seen them in person.
One thing I can say is that they will last much longer and are the longest throw LEDs available at the current time.
1-800-624-0278

Off Road Ryder screwed with this post 04-19-2013 at 07:20 AM
Old 04-23-2013, 08:05 AM   #279
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

better photos

The long range rounds with non dimable harness
1-800-624-0278
Old 04-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #280
MadtownMaxx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Web site wish list:

Some of your product pages have dimensioned drawings (2" 10 watt Round LED Light Next Generation Prime (NXG)). These are nice for planning installations - especially if things are tight (although a few more dimensions on those drawings would be even better). Any chance of getting similar for the Penetrator Low Profile light bar, the Optimus Long Range, etc.? Knowing the installed size/clearances/brackets/etc. of each product would seem helpful. I may actually do a mock-up to see where I can squeeze one of your aux lights in.

Also, your site suggests performance (I think?) by spec'ing 1 lux @ 693 ft. for the Optimus Long Range LED while simply quoting lumens for the Penetrator & Next Generation. Switching criteria makes it difficult to get a sense of relative performance between products. Is there a way to standardize a performance rating? Referencing lux (One lux is equal to one lumen per square metre: 1 lx = 1 lm/m2) leads me to believe the 'spread' effects the lux at a specified distance? It seems knowing __ lux, @ __ distance, over __ cross sectional area would be the most complete or am I off base? Anyway, a consistent layman's standard would be helpful as well.

By the way, how do the Optimus Long Range compare to the Next Gen Primes? Size? Performance? Who's buying the Next Gen Primes and why?

There's 2 more for ya from a rider whose bike could use more lux/lumens at little additional electrical load (sounds like an LED sale, no?).
IBA #47605
MadtownMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #281
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadtownMax View Post
Some of your product pages have dimensioned drawings (2" 10 watt Round LED Light Next Generation Prime (NXG)). These are nice for planning installations - especially if things are tight (although a few more dimensions on those drawings would be even better). Any chance of getting similar for the Penetrator Low Profile light bar, the Optimus Long Range, etc.? Knowing the installed size/clearances/brackets/etc. of each product would seem helpful. I may actually do a mock-up to see where I can squeeze one of your aux lights in.

Also, your site suggests performance (I think?) by spec'ing 1 lux @ 693 ft. for the Optimus Long Range LED while simply quoting lumens for the Penetrator & Next Generation. Switching criteria makes it difficult to get a sense of relative performance between products. Is there a way to standardize a performance rating? Referencing lux (One lux is equal to one lumen per square metre: 1 lx = 1 lm/m2) leads me to believe the 'spread' effects the lux at a specified distance? It seems knowing __ lux, @ __ distance, over __ cross sectional area would be the most complete or am I off base? Anyway, a consistent layman's standard would be helpful as well.

By the way, how do the Optimus Long Range compare to the Next Gen Primes? Size? Performance? Who's buying the Next Gen Primes and why?

There's 2 more for ya from a rider whose bike could use more lux/lumens at little additional electrical load (sounds like an LED sale, no?).

Thanks for the thoughts. I appreciate your input!
We are starting to work on a new site that should allow us to provide a bit more info and hopefully get our message across a bit better.

I am very aware of the fact that consumers are puzzled with info on lights. There is a ton of BS in the lighting industry today.
We are probably the only company telling riders that Lumens dont mean squat. Its all marketing BS. Not only do most companies outrageously inflate the lumen #s but what does lumens that tell you?
Its worthless information to the consumer.
What matters is how far and how wide a particular light beam might shine.
Lux is a true lighting measurement at a specific point.
Beam patterns will greatly affect lux measurements at a specific point.
A photometric chart is really required for a true comp. These cost big $
We have many available, with the new site we hope to make them available to the public.

The difference between the NXG Prime and Long Range are many.
They both have the same Thermal management protection and use the same emitter.
The NXG Prime is a 2" round light, Its a great compact unit,light weight, durable and provides a nice amount of light. Its also dimmable.
We sell that light to a lot of riders who want conspicuous lights that also preforms well for night riding. Also a lot of dirt bike riders who race 24hr events or trail riders like this product.
We supply Tesla Electric cars and a few other OEM's with this product.
The long range will provide light nearly twice the distance of the NXG LED with a bigger and wider beam pattern.
The difference is all in the optics. Optics will tell a consumer a lot, if they know what they are looking at. Look at the depth and size of the Long Range optic Far deeper than any other LED product available.
There is no other LED auxiliary light currently made that will outperform the Long Range LED in overall distance.
They also provide a decent amount of fill.

What else matters in an LED Light.. Thermal management and build quality set these lights apart from the any other reasonably priced light.
The saying "You get what you pay for" is never more true than in LED lighting.
The Long Range lights are the best value available in LED Aux lighting.

Sorry for the long winded response
1-800-624-0278
Old 04-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #282
Tetched
Local Village idiot

Oddometer: 500
Is there a protective cover/screen for the new rounds along the lines of say a Piaa ? If so,do you have a photo ? I don't ever seem to be in front

Thanks in Advance,

Mike
Tetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #283
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herewego View Post
Is there a protective cover/screen for the new rounds along the lines of say a Piaa ? If so,do you have a photo ? I don't ever seem to be in front

Thanks in Advance,

Mike
Thanks for asking Mike.
Not yet. but it is in the plans. There will be a clear and amber cover.
The lenses are polycarbonate and extremely tough.
1-800-624-0278
Old 04-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #284
MadtownMaxx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Dimension clarification...

So the Round Long Range Optimus are listed as 3.8" deep x 3.07" high with a 1" mounting depth.... Does this mean the O.D. of the round housing is about 2" and the bracket 'stands off' the 1" mounting depth? Is this light almost identical in size to the NXG in diameter and 'stand off' but 1.5" deeper?

Thanks,
IBA #47605
MadtownMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #285
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadtownMax View Post
So the Round Long Range Optimus are listed as 3.8" deep x 3.07" high with a 1" mounting depth.... Does this mean the O.D. of the round housing is about 2" and the bracket 'stands off' the 1" mounting depth? Is this light almost identical in size to the NXG in diameter and 'stand off' but 1.5" deeper?

Thanks,
Thanks
You brought something to my attention. the light dia. is 3.5" on the round, that has been corrected on the site.
Mounting depth is the min distance that the light needs for clearance to the rear from the mounting post.
The trunnion bracket slides up and down significantly, about 1 inch, this allows for adjustment in light height. It will lower to very near the 3.5" total installed height.
You can see the slide provision in the photos above. both round and square lights have these slots in the mount.
I'm working on getting some line drawings with dims for the round light.
1-800-624-0278