ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 10:57 AM   #361
vwboomer
Buffoon
 
vwboomer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: WI
Oddometer: 9,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
The tube mount brackets swivel all directions, I haven't seen an app where they would not work. The top bar looks perfect and is where mine are mounted on my 950 ADV. I have the other style bars, you may need to still mount the light underneath the crash bars for tank clearance, but no need to weld a tab.
One thing I like about the short wire connections is that to do service work, its easy to unplug the light and remove the crash bar, Before I installed the Long Rang on my bike I had the penetrator 310"s that have long cords, what a pain it was to remove my tanks, I made sure that didn't happen this time
Looks like it's time to spend some money I will likely have to relocate the trip computer button pad to be able to reach the hi/lo/off switch reasonably, but I rarely use the thing anyway
__________________
It's important to own a great adventure bike, and leave it in the garage because there's no time to adventure
vwboomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:52 PM   #362
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
Looks like it's time to spend some money I will likely have to relocate the trip computer button pad to be able to reach the hi/lo/off switch reasonably, but I rarely use the thing anyway
Its easy to set the lights up to use the factory High/low switch on the KTM.
I like using my lights independent of the headlight so I'm running the multi function switch.
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:38 AM   #363
techforlife
CDI REPAIR
 
techforlife's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Moncton,New Brunswick
Oddometer: 4,204
Do you have a picture of what the PENTRATOR 610 will throw for light,,,i have an XR650L and lighting sucks

I`d like to mount it below the headlight with some kinda bracket

B
__________________
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:26 AM   #364
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer
 
SOP Dirt-Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Oddometer: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife View Post
Do you have a picture of what the PENTRATOR 610 will throw for light,,,i have an XR650L and lighting sucks

I`d like to mount it below the headlight with some kinda bracket

B
I'd show some pics of the 630 but it is in Colorado at the moment. I will say this, they fill in the dark hole. Combined with the 10 degree Long Range lights it is the ultimate for high speed gravel road riding at night. The 630 will also be my primary light for the upcoming 24 hours of Starvation Ridge. I did a video, but the Contour Roam didn't capture just how good they are so I wont be sharing it. If you want high output, low draw, the best quality light and great customer service order up. You will not regret it.
I also have an idea for mounting for the XR, I'll share once I verify it will work.

Chet
SOP Dirt-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:35 AM   #365
vwboomer
Buffoon
 
vwboomer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: WI
Oddometer: 9,327
Order placed. Hopefully they get here quick so I can fully test the setup before heading to Colorado in a month. Argh only a month to get so much done

Issues with the process: your paypal link didn't work.
The email confirmation was full of wonky stuff like this and about a zillion words long :

Thank you for shopping at Cyclops Motorsports.
\r\n
Your order should be processed and ready for ship-out. Below is your order confirmation. Please keep a copy for your records.
\r\n\r\n

Neither thing a big deal, just letting you know in case something is up with the site.
I'll be waiting by the front door!
__________________
It's important to own a great adventure bike, and leave it in the garage because there's no time to adventure
vwboomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #366
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
Order placed. Hopefully they get here quick so I can fully test the setup before heading to Colorado in a month. Argh only a month to get so much done

Issues with the process: your paypal link didn't work.
The email confirmation was full of wonky stuff like this and about a zillion words long :

Thank you for shopping at Cyclops Motorsports.
\r\n
Your order should be processed and ready for ship-out. Below is your order confirmation. Please keep a copy for your records.
\r\n\r\n

Neither thing a big deal, just letting you know in case something is up with the site.
I'll be waiting by the front door!


Thanks for the Order and feedback
We are in website hell. Hopefully the upcoming change in site management will take care of that.
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #367
Stovebolt
Team Ruptured Buzzard
 
Stovebolt's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Tetons
Oddometer: 460
As has been noted by fellow inmates, Darryl's customer service and technical knowledge are TOP NOTCH! Glad to see people ordering the good stuff and getting what they need.

Me likey the setup I bought from Cyclops a couple seasons back with my Rally Light. It's the shizzle.



Rally on, Darryl.... contact me when you get in my AO this season, coolio?

All the best,

Stovey
__________________
Stovebolt
Team Ruptured Buzzard "Never Give Up"
http://bustedcompass.com
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-jankowsky/86/31/b04
Stovebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #368
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmotten View Post
Could you post a picture of the harness with the standard on-off switch please?
Sorry for the Delay.
The Standard Harness uses a toggle switch and Deutch connectors. Dimming can be added at a later date. A handle bar mounted switch can be added for an additional 14.95

__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #369
vwboomer
Buffoon
 
vwboomer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: WI
Oddometer: 9,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
Thanks for the Order and feedback
We are in website hell. Hopefully the upcoming change in site management will take care of that.

I appreciate the call letting me know it would be a day before shipping.
Now all I have to do is remove a couple fuel tanks, crash bars, skid plate and fairings
__________________
It's important to own a great adventure bike, and leave it in the garage because there's no time to adventure
vwboomer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #370
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovebolt View Post
As has been noted by fellow inmates, Darryl's customer service and technical knowledge are TOP NOTCH! Glad to see people ordering the good stuff and getting what they need.

Me likey the setup I bought from Cyclops a couple seasons back with my Rally Light. It's the shizzle.



Rally on, Darryl.... contact me when you get in my AO this season, coolio?

All the best,

Stovey
Thanks Stovey, I cant wait to make it out your way. BTW. Love my buzz Bomb GPS Cradle!
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:35 AM   #371
Adrian V
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Albany Western Australia
Oddometer: 467
Elliptical lens/cover option?

I realise that this has been raised before, but given that LED lights are increasingly being used as a replacement for OEM lights, an elliptical version (lens or cover) would be great for a low beam. I notice that the Solstice lights have this option, any chance it could be made available for the Optimus? Paired with a 10 or 20 degree spot, I reckon this would be a great option for a dual headlight cowl.

Cheers,

Adrian
Adrian V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #372
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian V View Post
I realise that this has been raised before, but given that LED lights are increasingly being used as a replacement for OEM lights, an elliptical version (lens or cover) would be great for a low beam. I notice that the Solstice lights have this option, any chance it could be made available for the Optimus? Paired with a 10 or 20 degree spot, I reckon this would be a great option for a dual headlight cowl.

Cheers,

Adrian
I don't see that happening with the Opt. Long Range. There is a new 25 watt single emitter light that is about to come out that does offer diffusers of different beam patterns and colors. We will stock clear and Amber.
The lights are a bit bigger than the Opt. long range, but extremely potent.
__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #373
Off Road Ryder OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Off Road Ryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Kent Wa
Oddometer: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife View Post
Do you have a picture of what the PENTRATOR 610 will throw for light,,,i have an XR650L and lighting sucks

I`d like to mount it below the headlight with some kinda bracket

B
Thanks for asking

Here is the 610 the flags are at 100 ft intervals. Tree line approx 350 ft

__________________
When Quality matters,Its all about choices.
Cyclops Performance LED Vendors thread
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839163
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #374
tmotten
Lefthand ride Dutchy
 
tmotten's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary
Oddometer: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops Motorsports View Post
Sorry for the Delay.
The Standard Harness uses a toggle switch and Deutch connectors. Dimming can be added at a later date. A handle bar mounted switch can be added for an additional 14.95

Cheers mate. I think I'm confused. The top and bottom right are plugs for the Led's with a ground to the frame in series....... hang on......

Nah, I'm confused.

Could I request a simpler harness with a DTM Deutsh connector and some wire lengths? Happy to send a diagram. DTM go to 7.5A.
tmotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #375
Adrian V
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Albany Western Australia
Oddometer: 467
Where did my post go?

Someone other than Cyclops responded to my first post asking if we'd seen the Light Canon and I replied I had but it was too big and that I was hoping something similar would come out with the Optimus rounds.

Where did these posts go? I certainly didn't delete mine?

Just to clarify, there was nothing contentious, rude or aggressive in these posts, were they deleted because they mentioned another light manufacturers product?

Cheers,

Adrian
Adrian V is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014